• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

robosllim

Banned
Dec 4, 2017
Witcher 4 starring Ciri.
Yeah! Let's get a prequel that shows her time with the Rats and Bonhart and the Aen Elle! That'd be a fun romp.

But seriously, a sequel staring Ciri could be fun as long as she plays nothing like she did in TW3. I really didn't like the parts when I was forced to play as her...

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I want Witcher, but not with ciri or any of the same general cast. Give me a brand new cast they create from zero. Either a Witcher school in its golden days, or a game set a few decades away with a new cast and possibly a small glimpse of characters we've loved previously.

But using the same characters that were essentially Geralt and pals without the Geralt part in a main narrative feels wrong. I wouldn't say no to it clearly as I love cdpr, but if they go this route I'd hope they do it for something besides fan service because with blood and wine (and the video they released like a year ago) to send off Geralt with all of the cast in his cottage having a party was my send off for the whole cast.

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Huh?

2007 The Witcher
2011 The Witcher 2
2015 The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
2018 Gwent - TBA

Okay, every 4 years then - so what. They're still not putting out two or three triple-A games per year. I mean, how can an rpg that was worked on for so long, with so much focus on it, have such terrible combat? It's actually pretty astonishing when you think about it. Hopefully their next game will deliver.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
I hope it's not another Witcher. They need to take a break from those games. Give us somethin completely different. Preferably a next gen exclusive game.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confident they can release Cyberpunk somewhere in that timeframe, but two games sounds pretty ambitious. Especially since the titles they make are so...well, ambitious!

JarlRaven

Nov 8, 2017
I'm all for this second game but I'm having trouble imagining what it could possibly be given that they've been so busy on Cyberpunk and Gwent. How did they pull this off?

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, every 4 years then - so what. They're still not putting out two or three triple-A games per year. I mean, how can an rpg that was worked on for so long, with so much focus on it, have such terrible combat? It's actually pretty astonishing when you think about it. Hopefully their next game will deliver.
Weird.

Big games take a long time to make. I'd like to see you bitch and moan about Bethesda or Rockstar, basically any other AAA that doesn't make their games like an assembly line.

Short of COD and AssCreed, you're not going to see quick turnaround times. The former has 3 major studios working on it (plus satellites), the latter throws 1K+ bodies at the problem.

Regardless, what does the time taken to make a game qualify whether it is a "real" studio or not?

Last edited:

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
It will probably be something akin to Gwent 2 or probably some offshoot of a card based mini-game in Cyberpunk 2077 that is similar to Gwent that they can release as a full game ala Gwent that they can monetize. I'd be shocked if it was another full fledged WRPG like Witcher or Cyberpunk

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
I'm all for this second game but I'm having trouble imagining what it could possibly be given that they've been so busy on Cyberpunk and Gwent. How did they pull this off?
I've seen it theorised that Cyberpunk is much further along in development than everyone thinks, this timing would line up if Cyberpunk was going to do something outrageous and come out in 2018.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think it's more astonishing how passionate about cdpr and witcher you are. It bugs you so much.
Rockstar, Bethesda does the same damn thing is it also astonishing ?

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Weird.

Big games take a long time to make. I'd like to see you bitch and moan about Bethesda or Rockstar, basically any other AAA that doesn't make their games like an assembly line.

Bethesda and Rocksrar are pretty good actually. To me, their games are highly crafted, and you can definitely see where the time went. They're also diverse. Not just one-trick ponies.

I still can't believe that Witcher enthusiasts can't see what a copy-pasted world The Witcher 3 is. Every damned village is the same. Same exact villagers. Same exact buildings. Same billboard with the exact same sidequests. Oh look... another quest in which Geralt must employ his Witcher senses and follow a bunch of fart bubbles around the map - and what's at the end of the trail, some monster that fights exactly like every other monster.

CDPR needs to get away from all this and show us they're capable of doing something else.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Bethesda and Rocksrar are pretty good actually. To me, their games are highly crafted, and you can definitely see where the time went. They're also diverse. Not just one-trick ponies.

I still can't believe that Witcher enthusiasts can't see what a copy-pasted world The Witcher 3 is. Every damned village is the same. Same exact villagers. Same exact buildings. Same billboard with the exact same sidequests. Oh look... another quest in which Geralt must employ his Witcher senses and follow a bunch of fart bubbles around the map - and what's at the end of the trail, some monster that fights exactly like every other monster.

CDPR needs to get away from all this and show us they're capable of doing something else.
Lol witcher enthusiast. Those people, like 14+ million of them

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else read the title in your head in Jim Sterling's voice? I can't help it when I see AAA. Witcher spin-off with a character creator instead of Geralt is my guess, maybe they will just have 1 male and 1 female voice as options as there is too much dialogue in their games for multiple male and female voices.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I'm interested in seeing if CDPR can keep this upward trajectory going. The Witcher 3 was great and was a massive improvement over 2 which itself was a massive improvement over 1. I hope Cyberpunk and this new game continue that trend and are even better.

Edit: Decided not to feed the troll.

Oct 31, 2017
I genuinely don't understand how it's possible for anyone to ever think this. Especially about Bethesda games which are massive, boring, repetitive, copy and pasted worlds with garbage writing, garbage combat and whose only saving grace are "they mod real good."
I'm absolutely with you.
It's especially hilarious because all his criticism for TW3 applies multiplied tenfold for your typical Bethesda game.

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I genuinely don't understand how it's possible for anyone to ever think this. Especially about Bethesda games which are massive, boring, repetitive, copy and pasted worlds with garbage writing, garbage combat and whose only saving grace are "they mod real good."

You're completely biased if you can't see that Bethesda has a much larger and loyal fan base than CDPR.

Edit: It's also clear that Bethesda has done something that CDPR, and many others have not - which is to bring in a lot of female gamers. When I see enthusiast discussion about a Bethesda game, it's not rare at all that at least one of the enthusiasts talking is a female.

Last edited:

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why would I care about their large and loyal fanbase? I don't work for Bethesda.

You said you 'don't understand' how anyone can like Bethesda's games. I was pointing out that literally tens of millions of people disagree with you (some guy above just said the same to me about The Witcher - even though he got the numbers wrong).

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
You said you 'don't understand' how anyone can like Bethesda's games. I was pointing out that literally tens of millions of people disagree with you (some guy above just said the same to me about The Witcher - even though he got the numbers wrong).
I said I didn't understand how people could make the insane arguments you were making. Making complaints about The Witcher 3 then talking about how Bethesda games are so well crafted in comparison when they have the same issues but way worse. Like complaining about the Witcher 3 combat but then complimenting the guys who made Skyrim seems incredibly hypocritical to me.

I don't give two shits about how many fans it has. The Transformers movies rake in millions of dollars every time they come out, that doesn't make them good.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
I said I didn't understand how people could make the insane arguments you were making. Making complaints about The Witcher 3 then talking about how Bethesda games are so well crafted in comparison when they have the same issues but way worse. Like complaining about the Witcher 3 combat but then complimenting the guys who made Skyrim seems incredibly hypocritical to me.

I don't give two shits about how many fans it has. The Transformers movies rake in millions of dollars every time they come out, that doesn't make them good.
I wouldn't worry.

The poster seems to have garbage opinions on a variety of topics. I went down a well of shit there, others be warned.

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

You realize I can say the exact same thing about The Witcher though, right?

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would I care about their large and loyal fanbase? I don't work for Bethesda.
Just leave it. It's obvious that this person doesn't have anything worthwhile to say.

Their first post was lambasting CDPR for taking "6 years" between games, which was immediately proven wrong (and pretty irrelevant point to make all things considered).

Then they moved the goalposts because apparently "actual studios" should release "2 or 3 AAA games every year" now! People obviously laughed at the implication, and correctly pointed out to them that pretty successful studios like Bethesda or Rockstar take their time with their games.

Then they changed the conversation again to some ridiculous and false quality equivalences of quality. Now that the point was disputed, it's suddenly about the demographics of the games, of which of course I guarantee you they have no hard data to back it up. Soon it will be another ridiculous point that doesn't have anything to do with anything....

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
The idea that it could be a prequel is incredible.

When Ciri talks about being in presumably Cyberpunk's world for six months, imagine you meet her in Cyberpunk, and Witcher Fore starts with her talking to your character before leaving Cyberpunk...

That would be dope.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
New game based in Ofieri Kingdom. Let's do this.
Geralts story is over folks (still hope he appears as old man Geralt!)

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't worry.

The poster seems to have garbage opinions on a variety of topics. I went down a well of shit there, others be warned.

This is a personal attack. I'm being critical of a game. You're being critical of me personally because you don't like what I'm saying about a favourite game of yours.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
This is a personal attack. I'm being critical of a game. You're being critical of me personally because you don't like what I'm saying about a favourite game of yours.
I'm being critical of you because you make bad posts. And not just here.

I'm sorry that I have little tolerance for disingenuous nonsense. You're allowed to like Skyrim and dislike the Witcher 3, but just don't bullshit about it.

You still haven't answered my original question of why taking 4+ years to make games doesn't mean they're a "real" studio.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I would be cool with some young kid learning to be a witcher, with the story turning into a quest to find geralt to complete his training. Kind of trying to do the last jedi correctly.
That sounds fucking amazing. But I'd rather they went with a new cast of warriors other than the Witchers, maybe something new in the other kingdoms? Whatever it is, I'm sure CDP will smash it.