• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Why does everyone want another Witcher? Personally I've had my fill over three games with over 600 across three titles, I love the series but wouldn't you want CDPR to work on something new? Apply those talents and skills to another IP/setting? Maybe create their own unique IP instead of licensing one?

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Hm.....I do wonder if this means Cyberpunk is a little further along than I initially thought (late 2019 release), but....either it's Witcher 4 (Ciri is the obvious choice, I don't know who else would have the pull to keep me invested if Geralt is done, but at the same time, that would truly breaking some new ground, what with her powers and the implications, and/or the ending of her story being up to the player in W3), a witcher prequel, or....something else entirely.

And tbh, the 'something else entirely' is perhaps the most interesting part to me.If Cyberpunk is the shooter-RPG hybrid.....what's the next big genre-merge they tackle?

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You still haven't answered my original question of why taking 4+ years to make games doesn't mean they're a "real" studio.

If a person writes (as you just did about me) that someone writes nothing but 'garbage posts', then you're attacking the person directly, rather than attacking the person's ideas about games

I'm sorry that you can't see that.

My ideas might be 'garbage' to you, but they're not to me. If you had been polite, and debated with me about each one of my opinions, rather than being offensively dismissive, then we might have had a discussion. As it stands now, I have no interest whatsoever in engaging you any further.

Edit: And by the way, maybe I read through your posting history too, and thought exactly as you did about me, that the posts were nothing but shit. I didn't post that observation because a) it would have been astonishingly rude, and b) I would have shown everyone I cared less about debating with a person, point by point, and more about bullying a person with a personal attack.

Last edited:

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Are they counting Gwent as a AAA game?

They plan on supporting it with at least 5 campaigns. That could be a game as a service sort of model they have.

If it's not that, I do imagine it will be another Witcher game regardless, considering the success of Wild Hunt. Probably using the character creator system they helped make for Cyberpunk 2077.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt + DLC for full price optimized for the Nintendo Switch.

That's their other AAA game other than Cyberpunk

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Really, that's why you needed to bump this? For a "perfect on Switch" meme?

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
No way :)

I mean, I understand they have to say that because of the investors. But please ban me forever if they will release both new AAA RPG game AND Cyberpunk 2077 before 2021.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
Didn't feel overly overpowered when playing her in Witcher 3. She's as mortal and vulnerable as the average sorceress when she's got numbers stacked against her.
In the final missions where she "unlocked" her powers you could teleport around and cleave everything in half instantly.
Except for Caranthir since he was a boss.
But yeah, earlier in the game she felt more vulnerable than Geralt when playing as her.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Maybe a new trilogy with Ciri since Geralt's story ended.
She might be a little too OP though, so it's hard to balance her in the world.

Maybe it ended, but there still are some thing they could do with his story, like a prequel or something. We fucking need geralt on next gen. If that netflix series turns out successul... i hope we get more :/

Jul 24, 2018
In the final missions where she "unlocked" her powers you could teleport around and cleave everything in half instantly.
Except for Caranthir since he was a boss.
But yeah, earlier in the game she felt more vulnerable than Geralt when playing as her.
Okay I admit I haven't finished it yet so I didn't know that. But screw it, I still want it to happen.

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love a Witcher game with Lambert but I'm probably in the minority for that.

Maybe one where you go through the process of becoming a Witcher from childhood onwards with a mysterious Witcher school that's still in the Witcher business. This would have a blank slate protag with character creator.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
It's crazy. They have Cyberpunk in the works, Gwent still in beta with major overhaul coming up, they shifted Thronebreaker to be it's own 30 hour stand alone story and then whatever this is. The best part is that I'm excited about it all.
I'd love a Witcher game with Lambert but I'm probably in the minority for that.
Lambert, Lambert, what a prick.

Oct 30, 2017
I'd muuurder for A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones game in the style of The Witcher 3. The Telltale style just doesn't work. An open world, RPG set in King's Landing and the surrounding areas would be most excellent.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
Really, that's why you needed to bump this? For a "perfect on Switch" meme?

Huh? No it's legitimately what I think they might be doing. If CDPr is smart they should be looking at the switch as a viable platform and should optimize their best selling title to be playable on it. I think they should put Gwent on there too.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Could their other triple A RPG game mean the Gwent single player? They did said it was 30h long.

Mani

Jan 14, 2018
London
I'd muuurder for A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones game in the style of The Witcher 3. The Telltale style just doesn't work. An open world, RPG set in King's Landing and the surrounding areas would be most excellent.
No, you should start in the flea bottom of kings landing and then have to venture north all the way upto the wall..
I'd love to be able to go on the long journey where you start on the kingsroad, staying at inns, meeting various lords in their villages, make alliances or foes of the lordlings that reside within.
You make coin through quests in each village and city you encounter on the way, hiring a boat to dragonstone or manoeuvring the cursed harrenhall
You continue your way further north to Winterfell just in time for a winter feast.
You partake in various activities among the lords and their servants alike before you have to move beyond into the colder nights and fight the dead things that lurk in the winter snows....
It's my dream open world game.