• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
As this is not a hype thread and related to the legitimate problems with the game, I believe this is thread-worthy for a few reasons: this is their first public response to the issues in the game, the complete lack of honesty regarding the PS4 and XB1 versions and the fact that their first public response to the negativity surrounding the game continues to ignore the issues regarding transphobia and representation that multiple media outlets have pointed out.

And media should be pointing out that they continue to ignore those issues.

A reminder:

EpLqtZ8XEAIEqsX

"We should have paid more attention to making it play better on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One" is one of the most dishonest PR statements in quite a while. It is worcded as if they accidentally overlooked the PS4 and XB1 versions (which is where a very large amount of people, if not the majority, are playing the game) when the fact of the matter is that they purposefully did not show the game because they knew how bad it was.

And yes, they have set up a specific email address to get help with returning the physical version of the game: [email protected]. However, it is a bit vague in that is says you can contact them for a week up until December 21. This would of course be before Christmas, when many people will receive the game on PS4 and XB1 as a gift.

Dilly

Oct 26, 2017
Why is this a seperate thread while the others get closed/merged into the OT?

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
We're sorry we hid the last version on purpose ops... also let's ignore all the racist shit in the game. And can you please act like we didn't straight up lie about a bunch of stuff pre-release? Thanks! Now you have one week to get your money back or gtfo

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
CDPR is a right wing enterprise (redundant, I know), they only care about the monies. If their duct-taped PoS game (another!) gives them money, you can be sure as hell they won't change a thing and remain a hate speech loudspeaker.

Zarathustra

Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing how far CDPR have fallen. A few years ago they were one of the most promising and customer-friendly companies out there. Now they are doing their best to appear and act exactly like the shitty companies they portray in their dystopic games.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Surprised they mentioned the fact that they did not provide base game review copies nor allowed the footage to be shown prior to release. That was a weasely move.

Personally I've been playing the game on PS5 and have experienced no issues thus far so I won't be returning it, but I encourage everyone struggling with this game to take full advantage.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I have to imagine that the issues they want to apologize for earn them more flack from the gaming audience at large than the issues they don't want to acknowledge.

To be less subtle, they can get away with transphobia. They can't get away with a buggy game as easily.

Seeing as how the transphobia concerns did not crop up with release, the issue would really be solved already if they had cared enough to want to solve it.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This thread was made before and closed, this belongs in the OT

No it wasn't. A sales thread was posted and closed.

This is a thread about their "apology," the lying within it and the purposeful exclusion of the transphobia that has been pointed out by media outlets.

It needs its own spotlight because of those issues, as I explained in the OP.

Yasamuu

Oct 28, 2017
Physical retailers won't be honouring those refunds. Hilarious that they've even suggested to try getting a refund that way first before contacting that email address directly.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017

This is a thread about their "apology," the lying within it and the purposeful exclusion of the transphobia that has been pointed out by media outlets.

Did you talk with the mods or just make this thread?

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018

Not for nothing but you should have worked the fact that everyone can return the game for a full refund up until Dec. 21 in the title. That's the news here.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Not to defend them or anything, they already look pretty bad but why would they respond to this? I mean, is it their fault that community is full of toxic and immature people?
Kind of, yeah.

You can't alter your audience, but you can speak to them and attempt to communicate standards of behaviour.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
At least now I can direct the PSN customer chat to this message before they deny my refund again.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I hope people refund in masses and this becomes the Battlefront 2 of unfinished releases. But it's highly doubtful.

Henrar

Nov 27, 2017
Because, sadly, mainstream doesn't care about transphobia, they care that the game is broken.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Shouldn't you have discussed this first with the mods?

Just report the thread if you feel like this is inconsistent and it'll be closed if it should be.

Not to defend them or anything, they already look pretty bad but why would they respond to this? I mean, is it their fault that community is full of toxic and immature people?
They court these people. Not to mention their game is incredibly immature and more edgey than Dimitri from Fire Emblem Three Houses.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I mean sure. As I said, this thread was made before by someone else and deleted.

No, you said "closed/merged." Mods don't generally delete threads.

Again: this is not a hype thread. It is something that deserves a spotlight because it it "new news" that includes the company lying about their response while continuing to ignore the transphobic issues within the game and the fact that critics have been given death threats.

It shouldn't be ignored. It needs to be pointed out and discussed.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

There was another thread about this "apology" as well and it was merged.

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
I'm feeling especially bad for the employees right now. Imagine slogging your guts out for so long to get a game done as quickly as possible, only to have this happen at launch.

Poor devs. Must be soul-destroying.

May 9, 2019
So should I wait it out? I got it digitally and I am planning on getting a PS5 so it seems like I should just keep it...

The few minutes I played wasn't bad and I did kinda enjoy myself but this update to fix PS$ can be empty or take forever.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
To be fair, the game looked *awful* before the release patches . . . After which it looks, uh, a *bit* better. They clearly squeezed this out just to get it out in time for the holidays.

Game is okay outside of its representation issues, but feels like early access or a beta for a live service/ongoing title.

Jun 17, 2018
Read that as 'sorry for not showing the game off on base consoles, even though we are fully aware how fucking awful it is, we don't give a shit and like money!'

Hey CDPR, screw you and your shitty business practices and thank you for saving me £50.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
No, you said "closed/merged." Mods don't generally delete threads.

Again: this is not a hype thread. It is something that deserves a spotlight because it it "new news" that includes the company lying about their response while continuing to ignore the transphobic issues within the game and the fact that critics have been given death threats.

It shouldn't be ignored. It needs to be pointed out and discussed.
Then take it up with the mods first. I dont really disagree but the decision to keep CP threads locked and do everything in the OT was something done after the trans community here pushed for it. I dont get why you're trying to circumvent that rule on your own judgement alone.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's pretty much entirely their fault, yeah.

When you pander to the "gamers rise up, anti sjw" crowd, you're going to inevitably end up with situations like this.

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
So, they are really telling people that the best time to try and get this title will be in February 2021 after the two huge patches are out?

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
lmao yes

They lovingly fostered that kind of fanbase, starting years ago, through their social media
Hell there was a Reddit post on launch day gushing about how even the terms of service was fun to read through, and how that shows how awesome cdpr is.

It got tens of thousands of upvotes.

Their fanbase was definitely molded to be more like a cult.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Clown shit going on over at CDPR. Between this, the abhorrent transphobia and representation problems, its a right fucking mess.

Cant wait for them to emerge the heroes for fixing the issues and being communicative with the playerbase. Despite them blowing smoke up everyones ass.

I dont know whats worse. CDPR doing this shit or game reviewers virtually ignoring it and continuing to hype this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.