• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/CDPROJEKTRED/743999673753096-pr-manager-na

Job Description
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for a talented and creative PR Manager who will act as North America (NA) public-facing representative of our studio. You will create and implement NA public relations strategy for Gwent: The Witcher Card game and Cyberpunk 2077 and cooperate with our global PR team.

Maybe they fired the old guy or demoted him?
Someone from here should apply lol

Edit: Hmm looks like it's for CDPR not for GOG so maybe not

https://twitter.com/cdprojektred/status/1067077291056996352?s=21

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The way they're doing this on the down low while not publicly acknowledging the harm and ignorance of their actions tells me they got rid of the previous guy for causing a controversy and not because he was a transphobic ass.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If this is related it doesn't sound like they learned a thing, and more of a let's hire someone specifically to deal with NA because we are not changing and they keep having problems with that.

I'm still on the fuck them boat. Sucks I really wanted to play Cyberpunk but I guess that's not happening.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
CDPR =/= GOG. When will people understand this?

EDIT: Sorry forgot about CDPR's tweet.

Last edited:

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
PR wouldn't have anything to do with the running of their social media accounts. This is more than likely unrelated to the recent controversy(s).

Oct 27, 2017
That sounds like a higher level PR management role, not the guy running social media accounts.

Yeah. This is probably just a higher-up position, not the person who handles their Twitter account.

Hopefully this means less transphobic and pro-GG tweets.

You would hope, but we all know this won't change a bit.

CDPR =/= GOG. When will people understand this?

No matter which part of the company it comes from, stop defeding shit like this.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A company that big has more than just one PR manager. They're also looking for one in the UK

Oct 25, 2017
might be too little, too late. The fucks already let bullshit fly for too long. At that point it represents something endemic to the organization as a whole.

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
didnt we already have this thread? Or is this a new position?
We had one about how the GOG tweet guy might have been let go, since he removed it from his Twitter bio and people on forums were complaining. So kinda similar, I guess.

The Cyberpunk twitter did say stupid shit about transgender.
The "did you assume their gender ?!" shit
Yeah, but know nothing about what happened with them. Whether or not this opening is related to that or if they're just expanding.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Twitter etiquette is barely a blip on the radar for a PR Manager. This role is barely, barely related to what everyone is upset with CDPR for, if at all.