• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 11, 2017
India
From their Q1 2020 presentation -
Ef6rMXV.jpg

Right below it, we had this slide -

V9CP5BU.jpg

Last edited:

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
I hope they do in depths video like they did for Wtcher 3 (If I remember correctly, they has a series of 3/4 videos, presenting the world, side activities, etc.)

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Prominent Polish Youtuber already said they'll be having hands on on June 8th and then be sharing footage and dev interviews after the 12th.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
night city at night please
side activities
more companions/characters
preview of some of the radio stations would be nice too

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to this more than anything else during the June-July showcase window

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Geoff said there will be playable content at the Summer Game Festival. CP2077 would be perfect for that.
I am half-expecting a playable demo.

Just because you want it, right? I would want it too, but I just don't think it's realistic without giving away a store.

How do you even would go about making demo from game like 77 so it isn't data minable to hell and back, not give away whole map and still give full picture of the gameplay loop? They would need do so much time intensive scrubbing and walling to the game to me playable, free for all, demo. This late to development most likely just isn't worth it.

We all know that PC demo would be mined for all story mission, dialogue, subtitles, assets etc if it wasn't 100% scrubbed.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
There won't be a demo released to the general public. Media outlets, streamers, youtubers and other influencers will be playing the game at 8th June and they will be allowed to share their impressions on 12th with some new footage.

They did the same marketing strategy with The Witcher 3 as seen in below video
www.youtube.com

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt || Global hands-on event video

Get a behind-the-scenes peek at the biggest Witcher global hands-on event ever organized by CD PROJEKT RED.For more information about The Witcher visit:Buy n...

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
A public demo isn't happening, but it should. This isnt' a situation where they can fly people out to play the game, so why not allow everyone to try the demo?

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
I mean I get it, you don't want to be spoiled. But their games are usually so long that seeing 20-30 minutes of gameplay probably won't divulge much of the story/content.
I already bought the game day 1 when it was released for pre-purchase on steam. I already have vacation planned for its release (and even changed it when the release date changed). I don't need any swaying. :D

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
A public demo isn't happening, but it should. This isnt' a situation where they can fly people out to play the game, so why not allow everyone to try the demo?

• Data mining (story, dialogue, assets, map...)
  • Bugs
  • Not wanting to show too much pre-release, especially 4 months from release
  • Unfinished optimization
  • Etc
There is a lot pretty good reason not to do it, they would have needed to dedicate small team just for making demo for months most likely. As game enters final crucial stretch of QA and optimization.

Wasn't this already confirmed in May?

No. That was confirmation of digital event.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait.

All I want is a substantial chunk of gameplay like the E3 2018 demo. I remember watching it a bunch of times, hype was through the roof after that.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
But just how confident they are in what they have to give media hands on 4 months before release?

It will be either absolutely insane or most atrocious game ever, nothing between :D

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I'm so thirsty for more Cyberpunk info, especially since I've blasted through most of the RPGs I had in quarantine.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
I want to see console footage, at least of the Pro models.
All we have seen is PC footage and it looks incredible but that's like running on mega PC's.

I reaaally hope the console version aren't too severely gimped in comparison.
Other than that just gimme more CP 2077 :D

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
There won't be a public demo, come on people. Things like that take a huge pile of ressources, especially with an open world game.
And it certainly doesn't need one - we're seeing people waiting for the next gen consoles and buying new PCs just to be able to have a better experience with the game, it will sell pretty well at minimum.

Excited to see more of the game, I'm still not sure if I will be there at day 1 since I'm not really good with long, story driven open world games, but maybe I'll get caught up in the hype.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
We will most certainly see new gameplay. I mean the game is almost finished and it's releasing in September. They will definitely show it to everyone now.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Cyberpunk 2077 was announced the same year everyone was going goofy over Mayan 2012 prophecies.

Let that sink in.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Cyberpunk 2077 was announced the same year everyone was going goofy over Mayan 2012 prophecies.

Let that sink in.

With asterisk of development not starting before 2016-ish when TW3 and expansions wrapped up. Until then they had small team doing some work on it.

They did have intention to developed TW3 and CP77 in parallel with two teams, but requirements of TW3 development tied whole studio to it. They had a lot lessons to learn with that games development, we will see (hopefully) payoff of those in few months.

Remember when they said that 2012 CGI was their visual target for real time graphics and everyone laughed at them as it being unrealistic goal?

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
With asterisk of development not starting before 2016-ish when TW3 and expansions wrapped up. Until then they had small team doing some work on it.

They did have intention to developed TW3 and CP77 in parallel with two teams, but requirements of TW3 development tied whole studio to it. They had a lot lessons to learn with that games development, we will see (hopefully) payoff of those in few months.

Remember when they said that 2012 CGI was their visual target for real time graphics and everyone laughed at them as it being unrealistic goal?

Yeah, it sat in pre-production for a long time. Lessons were learned.

And yes, because it's true. Cyberpunk 2077 at the best of times still does not have anywhere near the fidelity of the 2013 CGI teaser. The game is gorgeous but the asset quality isn't a match for CGI triangle counts, texture detail, and passes over lighting/shadows/reflections etc.

Still, I'm super keen to see what the current build looks like. For a game as hyped as it is CDPR has been very cagey.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Probably a 20 minute demo streamed June 11th, and hands on impressions, extra footage from journalists over the proceeding days. Good move!

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Still, I'm super keen to see what the current build looks like. For a game as hyped as it is CDPR has been very cagey.
I understand we all want to see more but this sentiment always comes up that is hard to agree with.

- 48 mins gameplay demo
- 14 mins Deep Dive gameplay
- 50 screenshots listed on the official website
- Bunch of artwork, posters, concept art, wallpapers

Big releases in the coming months haven't nearly shown as much of their game.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing, I hope we can get footage of what this will look like on Series X/PS5 too. Or would that be too much to hope for?

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Please be a downloadable demo for PC and consoles.
Doubt it. I don't think it is as easy now-a-days to split up a section from a game, even an open world one, and have just that section be on the floor. They mostly have the full playable code and start and stop it and the correct times. They don't want folks to somehow break out and get access outside of the "demo area"

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
I hope media can get their own footage while free roaming the world. All we got to see so far was specific missions, but I want the media to try it themselves and report back on how good the game is actually to play.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Doubt it. I don't think it is as easy now-a-days to split up a section from a game, even an open world one, and have just that section be on the floor. They mostly have the full playable code and start and stop it and the correct times. They don't want folks to somehow break out and get access outside of the "demo area"
I hope media can get their own footage while free roaming the world. All we got to see so far was specific missions, but I want the media to try it themselves and report back on how good the game is actually to play.

With Witcher 3 they gave media and influencers full build of the game without any restrictions in place. Free to do what ever and go where ever. I think back then JesseCox mentioned dev told him that if they gave him enough time with the build he could finish the story from beginning to end.

I expect this to be same. They encourage media to do stuff in area X, but let them go wild too.

They can easily do a public demo via Stadia. No modding or data mining.

Service that barely handles finished and optimized games used to stream and play unfinished and unoptimized game?

What possibly could go wrong?

iirc they showed TW3 on consoles close to release right?
Can't remember how close though.

Hopefully we can see console stuff before release, no need to hide those shabbier versions away till day 1 haha

They did show it and pretty extensively if I remember right.

No reason to think they wouldn't do same with 77. Last marketing stretch starts in few weeks.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Service that barely handles finished and optimized games used to stream and play unfinished and unoptimized game?

What possibly could go wrong?

There are people playing Destiny 2 and Doom Eternal quite well on Stadia, among others. Why would cyberpunk 2077 be any different?

It'd still run better on Stadia than on base consoles, anyway.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
i really want to watch it but at the same time I kinda shouldn't cause spoilers... dunno what to do...

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
There are people playing Destiny 2 and Doom Eternal quite well on Stadia, among others. Why would cyberpunk 2077 be any different?

It'd still run better on Stadia than on base consoles, anyway.

Streaming a game has a lot variables they would have no control over and maybe it's different, but I would want as much control over variables as possible when giving hands on to dev build to media.

Crashes and hitches easier to deal with on-site tech with access to code and HW. Guaranteed desired performance because of controlled local HW, no random game streaming hitches and performance issues.

We still aren't talking finished game, but very much WIP game. Streaming it over something like Stadia to me just sounds unnecessary risk to take when it comes to guaranteeing quality of hands on experience.