• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/CDPROJEKTRED/743999686377051-release-manager

Release Manager
  • Warsaw, Poland
  • Full-time
Company Description
Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard earned cash. We'd love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we're working hard every day to make that happen.
Job Description
We're looking for a quality-focused and well-organized Release Manager to support us on our current and upcoming projects and to take part in coordination of all global product releases. As release manager you will cooperate and communicate with all stakeholders from the CD Projekt involved in the release and take active part in organizing whole process. It includes submissions to first party console manufacturers, oversee compliance certification process and working with partners on publishing process on multiple platforms.
Daily responsibilities:
  • Active part of overall product launch process.
  • Interface with global release manager to ensure successful product release.
  • Coordinate communication and key dates between various development and publishing groups.
  • Ensure communication between external partners and the development team, coordinating and negotiating development plans, exceptions, sales/mktg/publishing content, as well as releases.
  • Scheduling, coordination, quality control and external certification process across multiple platforms and products.
  • Submitting builds to external partners inside and out, and overseeing all aspects of external build certification.
  • Create and manage the release checklist.
  • Assist with submissions to age rating agencies.
  • Provide reports on release progress.
  • Working closely with dev team, production, QA, and Live Ops teams on identifying and resolving risk related to releases.
  • Working closely with Live Ops team to coordinate and publish frequent builds, hotfixes, and patches.
  • Help coordinate project teams involved in the product development process.
Time to get hype?

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I must admit that after all this years, I never knew this was a position on a videogame company, thought PR and marketing where the ones in charge of releases haha.

RandomDazed

Oct 27, 2017
This is a standard job in the lifecycle of developing a game.

Work for this type of job can start very early in dev and it does admittedly get more complicated at the end of a project when dealing with 1st party subs, heavier build production, and additional teams such as PR, Marketing, Publisher deadlines etc...

Source: I've been a release manager in multiple studios / publishers.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
No release until 2020, plz.

I need the holiday sales of 2019 to upgrade my rig (last upgrade was before Witcher 3, so my PC basically lives and dies according to CDPRED's release schedule).

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
It's coming 2019.

There are no super big profile games in autumn this year I think, it's CDprojekts chance to get all the sales before the next generation rolls in, and they release an updated version.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Dont they have an unannounced game that's supposed to launch this year? Dont get to excited.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Almost there.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
The assumption you all are making is that this is a role that didnt exist before that they're advertising.

Porky

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Mar 16, 2019
Forgive my rampant speculation but could this earth-shattering find mean that the game that they have worked on for several years is planned to be released at some point in the future?

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
It's coming 2019.

There are no super big profile games in autumn this year I think, it's CDprojekts chance to get all the sales before the next generation rolls in, and they release an updated version.
Doom Eternal?
Respawn's Star Wars Game?
Gears 5?
-and apparently according to the rumour mill,, Last of Us 2.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Job Description makes it sound like you need to split yourself five times to be everywhere at once

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
if the OP's implication is that Cyberpunk is about to be released very soon, that's not what I take from it lol

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
Or, what if, what if... their previous release manager just left.

This means literally nothing.

Cathcart

Oct 29, 2017
lol why is release manager in quotes? It's a pretty common job at software companies. OP makes it sound like they invented a job to fake people.

Next thread: Rockstar hires a "HVAC contractor".

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
if only there was some way you could read what the role involves before getting unnecessarily excited

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Y'all, a release manager isn't what you think it is.
It's a mix between producer and QA manager that coordinates the "release" process for external builds. Think of it as the go/no-go guy. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Release_management

This seems to suggest that CDProjekt is heading towards GaaS titles, because that's where proper release management becomes a necessity.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Watch Dogs 3 is not a sure bet at all, Fallen Order is not an rpg or even open world game, so no correlation there. Pokemon - ehhh.

"There are no super big profile games in autumn this year I think."

That's what you said. Now you want to throw all these restrictions on it. Star wars will be huge, watchdogs 3 (which is taking the place of assassins creed this fall) will be big, pokemon will easily be one of the best selling games of the year. Borderlands 3 is coming in September too.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
This thread is kind of funny...

They are hiring a logistics person.
You need release management processes just to even get concept approval from 1st parties, which could mean anything from like, 2-3 years out...

to every process with getting your titles up and ready for distribution.
you need a good release management team to just function, so maybe they are just replacing someone or growing the team for more self publishing work ::shrug::