• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Edit: Ah, here's a page:

https://www.nintendo.co.za/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Cel-Damage-HD-1535296.html

Edit 2: NA:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/cel-damage-hd-switch

###

Apparently this is from an email being sent out, there's even a pic of it running on Switch: (Edit: eShop might just be the eShop page?)

Grain of salt of course but it looks real to me. I REALLY hope they at least give it the option of restoring the game to the GC version's style, since the HD version is based on the PS2 Overdrive release. This had adjustments to weapons (no 1-hit KOs as an example).

But MAN I was just thinking about this like a couple weeks ago! :D

Last edited:

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
Hehehe. I love these type of games. Really something from the GCN era. Goods news for me. It would be terrific to get a port of some others niche gamecube games like Alien Hominid, Billy Hatcher, or Gotcha force!

Last edited:

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Megaton! I didn't know there was an HD version! I spent hundreds of hours on this game with my friends back then, I think we broke a Gamecube controller because of it. Insta buy.

Mipmap

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Damn, that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.
I wonder if they'll add any extra content. I loved the game but it was pretty bare bones.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
Megaton! I didn't know there was an HD version! I spent hundreds of hours on this game with my friends back then, I think we broke a Gamecube controller because of it. Insta buy.

Yeah it came out in 2014. For reasons unknown it took until now to reach a Nintendo system. It was exclusive to PS3, PS4, and Vita until now.

Edit: Oh, apparently it got an XBO release in 2016, news to me.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
cubivore!

edit oh atlas only published it over here it's a intelligent systems game my bad

Technically IntSys only did the GC port. It was created by Saru Brunei, one of the Marigul teams. Going by the copyright, it seemed Saru Brunei owned the IP? Though with their closure, I'd have hoped Nintendo would get a hold of it.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
What the hell? This is so random.
Was it a good game back in 2001?
It...has it flaws. But its a fun concept (an arcade style combat vehicle game), something that has been missing for years on the major radar of video game spectrum. Last attempt of something similar it was Twisted Metal for PS3, i believe. Personally its a genre i love because its reminds me of good times with friends.

I played the hell out of Cell Damage and San Francisco Rush 2049 battle mode back in the day :P

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Such a fun little game. Had a lot of fun with the original, and then with the Vita version. Crazy it still hasn't gotten a PC version though :(

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Sorry to bump an old thread, but this seemed like the most suitable place for it.

I used to adore this game for its multiplayer back in the day and picked it up after randomly discovering it on the eShop.

But after the first match started, something felt completely off. The gameplay is radically different from the Xbox/GameCube original. No slicing cars in half with chainsaws, polishing off your opponents with wood grinders, or burning them to a crisp with the laser. No more frantically trying to escape your opponents or strategically choosing weapons. What happened here? Without this over the top battle system it is a completely different – and, frankly, dull – game.

Personally I think it's misleading to advertise this as "Cel Damage HD", same box art and all.