• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's celebrate the month of Halloween by talking about some of our favorite horror games.

My pick? Splatterhouse. You play as Jason's little brother Rick and have to save your girlfriend from some evil nonsense. This game was hard as hell but oh so fun. The graphics in particular were super gruesome but very satisfying.

giphy.gif

HeartofWinds

Oct 25, 2017
I've never been that into horror games but playing the entirety of Dead Space Halloween weekend some years back was a great time, even if it did become a bit formulaic towards the end.

OP
OP
TI92

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never been that into horror games but playing the entirety of Dead Space Halloween weekend some years back was a great time, even if it did become a bit formulaic towards the end.

The first game was dang good. Never played the sequels so can't comment on them but the first and the Wii spinoff were super great.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Castlevania is a great horror series, because you have the entire golden era of monsters encapsulated in a mashup.

mugendee

Oct 25, 2017
Dead Space 1. Always was and always will be a favourite of mine. Combining sci-fi and horror in one. Everything about it was fantastic! The setting, the weapons, the monsters and the story. I wish I could play through it again. I would love a remaster on PS4 or even just a port of it.

16.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
so92eNX.jpg
GtcKzgj.jpg

Personally, I think Haunting Ground has the the most frightening and tense gameplay of any horror title I've seen.

REmake is probably a close second.