• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

EDIT: the dlc chapter is titled "farewell", here's a teaser with some new music.

the game will get a physical release once the new chapter is out

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Never playing Celeste again.

Loved that game, but it literally fucked up my hands for a week.

The little bones on the back of my hand hurt.

I think it's because I was so stressed, and putting pressure on them or something.

Celeste is awesome though.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have a timescale on the release? I have been waiting for this for months.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be a little rough getting back into the swing of things with this game.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I read this as nine new chapters at first and got real excited. I'm still hyped to get more celeste though.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017

I think it's because I was so stressed, and putting pressure on them or something.

Celeste is probably the first game in generations to make my hands sweat and I play a good deal of difficult games.

JoDa

Jan 12, 2018
That's cool and all, but I don't wanna go back to celeste man, I already closed that painful chapter of my life.
chapter 7 c side still shows up in my nightmares once in a while

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
cf4bA-O95IkEEN0jW9vVzX__dg8=.gif

I can't take another C side, not tied to an actual numbered chapter, I'll feel pressured to beat it!

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i'm still planning on going through the b-sides, i've only finished a few. but c-sides seem a bit much. i'll check this dlc out and it's awesome they're doing it for free, but it's probably gonna be too hard :(

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
...still stuck on summit c side.
Ill beat it someday.

A new chapter sounds great though, I would love more content.

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
I did everything minus the C-sides. After beating all the B-sides and getting all the strawberries, I felt very content calling the game finished. Not sure I really want to go back to it, but we'll see.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

yeah, I'm the same. the game is great, but after beating it the first time without completing all the hidden collectible, when I found out there's a whole other set of harder stages, I just quit. also, while the feeling of beating a stage is satisfying at first, it didn't stay long and I realize that the only reason I beat it is because of extreme repetition. if I go back and replay it again from the beginning, I'm not sure I'll have the patience to beat it this time. so it didn't really feel like I beat the game because of my skill or anything. mostly because of luck and muscle memory

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome that it's free for fans. I don't think I'll ever get back around to the game after bombing out on one of the B-Sides.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if this will have achievements.

I loved Celeste. My #2 game of 2018 and #2 game of the gen (the first is Hellblade).

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
This seems like a great reason for me to do a replay of Celeste - definitely my favorite game of 2018. Psyched

Roukira

Dec 1, 2018
France, Paris
I'll check it out, I cleared all B sides (with extreme tryhard) but I instantly gave up when I found out there were harder tracks called C side.

shem

Oct 25, 2017
Path of pain is easier than that level simply because you can pause at more points

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
yup, here's my recording of the hardest c-side (it's not full since you can only capture 30 seconds on switch) :

i died so many time on that screen

Damn that looks really hard.

One thing I really disliked in this game, which is also present in that video, is how the game freezes briefly once you touch that green thing that grants you a extra jump.

Completely fucks up my timing, I died so many times because of it. It's a shame they don't give you a option to disable it (Katana Zero for example gives you that option), or at least I didn't see it.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait! I replayed the game to get the Platinum a few months ago and I'm more than happy for another reason to dive back in.