• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Never playing Celeste again.

Loved that game, but it literally fucked up my hands for a week.

The little bones on the back of my hand hurt.

I think it's because I was so stressed, and putting pressure on them or something.

Celeste is awesome though.

I feel this too and the DS4 was rough so I changed to the Pokken pad which was much better with the big d-pad.
Really want to play the DLC but its gonna be a slow grind.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Never playing Celeste again.

Loved that game, but it literally fucked up my hands for a week.

The little bones on the back of my hand hurt.

I think it's because I was so stressed, and putting pressure on them or something.

Celeste is awesome though.
Celeste poisoned my water supply, burned my crops and delivered a plague unto my house. Stressful for sure, great game though.

Last edited:

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I think I'm really close of finishing the main story, I should really do it.

The b and c sides are way too hard for me.

Amazing game!

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cant speak for the other guy but I tried stick and had the problem of accidental diagonal dashes because any degree of diagonal seemed to trigger it
Yeah, stick is always kinda tricky with precision platformers, but the joy con D pad worked pretty well for me, it's my go to for games like Celeste and Tetris 99.

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
I played this all the way through 3 times back around release. I'm ready for some new action!

Oh, and personally I found the Reflections C-side to be the hardest. It's the only one I couldn't get a golden mushroom on... Mushroom? I mean strawberry! :D

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cant speak for the other guy but I tried stick and had the problem of accidental diagonal dashes because any degree of diagonal seemed to trigger it
yeah playing the game with joycon analog is very frustrating, and i didn't really like using the dpad separate buttons. i blame half my deaths on the lack of a good dpad on switch.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who did all the story, B and C sides and isn't very good at these type of games just in general. I think the idea of an even harder bonus stage coming makes my fingers want to curl backwards and shrivel up inside my wrists. I'll have to do it though.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Bought and beat this on the switch. Double dipped for the physical on PS4. Can't wait to go through the whole game with the dlc.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
cf4bA-O95IkEEN0jW9vVzX__dg8=.gif

I can't take another C side, not tied to an actual numbered chapter, I'll feel pressured to beat it!
Sums up the game for me perfectly. lol. I finished it, but goddamn if I didn't come close to dropping it a few times. Some of the sequences you had to string together were absolutely savage.

Good game though.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Bought and beat it recently on Switch, best game I've played on it since Hollow Knight last summer, can't wait.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
oh wow, nice! i hope this is a whole new set of "A Sides" & achievements

loved playing through the main game, but found the B / C sides too tough for me

Oct 30, 2017
Can't wait.

I want Celeste sequel... I enjoyed the game extremely much and seriously one of the most fun and best experiences in this gen.

smuf

Oct 27, 2017
Any word on how difficult this will be? I did fine on the b-sides but had to give up halfway through the c-sides.

May 5, 2018
Can't wait for this DLC! Celeste was my GOTY last year and I'm up for the challenge. My dream is that is ends up being a shadow drop announcement at Nintendo's E3 show (or it could be at Microsoft's too), but in actuality this will likely get released whenever Matt Makes Games is ready to release it.

Riddler

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing news! Loved getting through this game and the story blowing me away was a pleasant surprise.

Zarzolaon

Mar 16, 2018
OH
I think it's supposed to be as difficult or more difficult than the C-Sides
Where is this coming from? Personally, I would hope this is closer to what would be expected of a "chapter 9", but also have its own B and C-side. Unless it's already confirmed to not be the case, I haven't been following anything after the first announcement.

the_wart

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's supposed to be as difficult or more difficult than the C-Sides

Source? Just unlocking the C-Sides was for the hardest core of the hardcore, I can't imagine they'd develop a large amount of new content, including story content, for such a tiny sliver of their audience.

My guess is that the DLC will feature A, B, and C sides just like the main game.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
7-C is like poetry in motion when you watch it. Probably took me 800-1000 tries. LOL Never bothered me either. Game makes retries so easy that you simply don't have time to be upset. Can't wait to play the DLC!

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Source? Just unlocking the C-Sides was for the hardest core of the hardcore, I can't imagine they'd develop a large amount of new content, including story content, for such a tiny sliver of their audience.

My guess is that the DLC will feature A, B, and C sides just like the main game.
This really isn't true. Looking at Steam achievements, 41% of players completed the game. (Common enough even for very good games, considering the buying and consuming habits of most gamers these days.) Individual C-Side achievements aren't tracked, but 14.7% of total players completed the Chapter 7 B-Side, which is notably easier than the Chapter 1 C-Side, I think. That's over a third of players who finished the game are going on to clear very hard, C-Side content.

Golden strawberries and speedrunning are for the hardest core.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Where is this coming from? Personally, I would hope this is closer to what would be expected of a "chapter 9", but also have its own B and C-side. Unless it's already confirmed to not be the case, I haven't been following anything after the first announcement.

Thorson tweeted a while back that there will be no B-side (and presumably, no C-side either. The levels will also continue where the hardest Celeste levels left off.

Earthstrike

Oct 28, 2017
Any idea on how close we are? I am craving this so much. Maybe I should start trying for some of the golden strawberries to warm up and pass time.

Wowfunhappy

Oct 27, 2017
if I go back and replay it again from the beginning, I'm not sure I'll have the patience to beat it this time. so it didn't really feel like I beat the game because of my skill or anything. mostly because of luck and muscle memory

I actually think you'd be really surprised at how much easier it is the second time.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
100 levels?

Man, my thumbs will be killed by that but C levels were some of the most well designed levels in the genre, no doubt this will be magnificent

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Ok I want that art as a print lol.

Super excited for the DLC. Might have to play through the game again!

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I honestly loved the story more than the platforming (not a big platformer fan)

Having a legit epilogue to this story is going to be awesome.