• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
The solution can be found in a later level. It's not possible to solve this level without progressing a fair ways past it first

A hidden area in the submerged cave level provides the answer.
Okay, so, I'm guessing you misread what I said, because that didn't seem to be anything to do with collecting the first Crystal Heart XD What really threw me off though was that the cave level is full of birds, and colourful bunting in the background, so I was convinced it was something to do with those. I thought maybe I had to collect the strawberries in a certain order or something, in line with the colours of the satellite. I ended up googling it and it was...

Yes, you have the right room.

The birds are telling you what to do.

There are only so many actions you can take in this game. Keep trying them.

...as simple as this. If only you'd have posted before Aurongel I wouldn't have got so confused :P

...aaaaanyway. Just need the Crystal Hearts on Chapter 2 (something to do with that cryptic poem...), 5 & 6 (no idea where these are, gotta explore more) then I can finally access the last B-side...

Oct 25, 2017
I think I spent a good 12 hours on 7C.
Okay, so, I'm guessing you misread what I said, because that didn't seem to be anything to do with collecting the first Crystal Heart XD What really threw me off though was that the cave level is full of birds, and colourful bunting in the background, so I was convinced it was something to do with those. I thought maybe I had to collect the strawberries in a certain order or something, in line with the colours of the satellite. I ended up googling it and it was...

...as simple as this. If only you'd have posted before Aurongel I wouldn't have got so confused :P

...aaaaanyway. Just need the Crystal Hearts on Chapter 2 (something to do with that cryptic poem...), 5 & 6 (no idea where these are, gotta explore more) then I can finally access the last B-side...

So, for Chapter 2, it's really hard to give a hint without just telling you. But I'll try.

Its relatively easy to find the heart after you wake up, but it's impossible to collect it unless you're in the dream.

How many different ways are there to get your dash back? You can touch the ground. You can collect a dash crystal. You can exit a dream block or bubble. But there's another way too.

A screen transition will give you your dash back.

Chapter 5 and 6: you said you still need to explore, so you probably won't need much by way of hints. Chapter 5 is just huge is the only challenge.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
I think I spent a good 12 hours on 7C.

So, for Chapter 2, it's really hard to give a hint without just telling you. But I'll try.

Its relatively easy to find the heart after you wake up, but it's impossible to collect it unless you're in the dream.

How many different ways are there to get your dash back? You can touch the ground. You can collect a dash crystal. You can exit a dream block or bubble. But there's another way too.

A screen transition will give you your dash back.

Chapter 5 and 6: you said you still need to explore, so you probably won't need much by way of hints. Chapter 5 is just huge is the only challenge.
Got 2 and 5 now, didn't need any of your hints! Feeling pretty proud that I've only needed hints to find the final strawberry I was missing and the Chapter 1 Crystal Heart, haha.

I was looking for a scene during the chapter where Madeline sleeps, then towards the end it's mentioned that the entire thing is a dream (which I forgot about) so I knew I had to access it at the beginning of the level. I was wondering if the screen wrapping would ever come into play like that, I don't think it was needed for any of the strawberries or during any of the B-sides...

Spent ages on this. At first my thinking was I had to light up every lamp, and that would do something. But then I noticed the hidden floor which led to a lock, so I knew I had to find a key, or find a way of getting one of the previous keys up to this point. After a while I noticed the secret which let you bypass the previous lock, so I knew I just had to take the key to that point.

Just the Chapter 6 Crystal Heart now, then I can access the final B-side...

I thought I found it, spent awhile trying to get to that area above the lift...cool easter egg, but would rather have the heart, ha. Think I'm ready for a hint for this one now tbh...

EDIT: Got it! Now to tackle the new challenges unlocked...gulp

Last edited:

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
If there's a mechanic I didn't like, it definitely was the feathers. I felt like they made you move way too fast to manoeuvre accurately around the obstacles. I'm pretty sure I stopped with the Side Bs once I got to the level with them.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

We're on the home stretch of development for Chapter 9: Farewell. It won't be out in April, but hopefully it won't be much longer. For the physical release, we decided to hold off on printing until Farewell is finished. This DLC will be a free update on all platforms!

Chapter 9 almost done. That new (?) art is very nice.

AkimbOb-omb

Oct 30, 2017

We're on the home stretch of development for Chapter 9: Farewell. It won't be out in April, but hopefully it won't be much longer. For the physical release, we decided to hold off on printing until Farewell is finished. This DLC will be a free update on all platforms!

Chapter 9 almost done. That new (?) art is very nice.

Yas! Can't wait for more Celeste in my life, would've happily paid for this. Guess I'll just support them buy rebuying physical.

Easy_G

Dec 11, 2017
California
I didn't even realize this was happening! I never did finish the chapter 8 c sides. And if these levels are hard I feel like I'll need to spend a lot of time practicing just to get my feel back.

Doomburrito

Feb 9, 2018
I platted the game when it came out but there's no way I'm going to be able to develop my skills for this again lol.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
Finally playing this, it's pretty tough I'd say. Some of these strawberries are brutal.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I may go back and finish the B sides (and C sides, I guess) before that hits, just to get back into the controls/mechanics.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for this. Still need to clear up some of the C-Sides (not even bothering with the golden strawberries...) so the DLC will be a great excuse to do that too. And yet another Celeste-related OST to add to my vinyl collection...wallet am cry

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the update is live! (for the switch version at least)

edit: updated, the game is now version 1.3

2019090912313100-75a3yvkro.jpg

Last edited:

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just tried it. Man, these new screens really make you think. I got to the screen where some fish first appear, I'll continue tomorrow

Fast falling is your friend

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I should have replayed some levels instead of hopping right into chapter 9. The first few screens went well but now it's going downhill

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Played til three screens after the first new mechanic gets introduced. Really fun so far and also pretty hard. It was a wise choice to complete a second playthrough through the pc version a couple of weeks ago to get familiar with the mechanics again.

If this chapter really is that long the golden strawberry will be absolutely insane to get.

Also this is the worst possible time for my left Joycon to start getting drifting issues. -.-

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Is the DLC still intended to be utterly ball-breakingly difficult? I recall it was originally going to need the C-Sides to unlock. Even if it doesn't have that requirement, if it still has that difficulty level I won't be bothering.

get an electrical contact cleaner spray and fix it yourself. it's very cheap and easy.
It's not a permanent fix, it goes away for a while if you do this then it comes back with increasing frequency. Worth doing a few times though.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Haven't played this in almost a year and I'm really surprised with how quickly I've readjusted to this game. The controls are so tight, feels like I never put it down. I never did play past 6-B though, so it'll be fun to see just how tough this gets. I've already run into a few screens that had me scratching my head (partly because I forgot about fast falling) and my thumbs already hurt lol. This one is probably the toughest so far (spoilers for the 2nd new mechanic introduced):

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Just checking in to say that this game helped me. I'm not totally done, up to the wind screens in the level after
joining with anti-me
, but the messaging, the conversations up to that point...it made me feel better. ...Am I depressed? I didn't think so, still don't. But it really made me feel so ....relieved.

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
Made it in a few screens after the first new mechanic is introduced.
For those worried about difficulty... Yeah it's pretty difficult. But in a different way to the C sides? It's more a difficulty continuation of a lot of the B sides, where the screens are small, and the question is more how to get past them at all, rather than the C sides "the level is short, but there's only a few checkpoints, have fun".

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not a permanent fix, it goes away for a while if you do this then it comes back with increasing frequency. Worth doing a few times though.
i've done it a couple of times now, and each time it takes 3 or 4 months to come back. still using my joycons from when i bought the system, imo it's much preferable than sending your joycons for repair. and yeah eventually it's not gonna fix them and then i'll just buy another pair.

Oct 25, 2017
Downloaded the update this morning and started it on my bus ride into work.

The fish are really cool. I either am or am not looking forward to seeing what they do to a C-side run.