• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Grand. Thanks. Been waiting for this update before starting. Just need to finish Gato Raboto and Creature in the Well, then I'll be diving in. Can't wait.

meadowdrone

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Just checking in to say that this game helped me. I'm not totally done, up to the wind screens in the level after
joining with anti-me
, but the messaging, the conversations up to that point...it made me feel better. ...Am I depressed? I didn't think so, still don't. But it really made me feel so ....relieved.
No I absolutely found Madeleine's story very touching and emotional, and hitting pretty close to home. Combined with the fantastic platforming, which is very much in my wheelhouse, and the amazing soundtrack made it basically a shoe-in for GOTY for me even when surrounded by a bunch of really great games.

Oct 27, 2017
Bummed about missing the physical from LRG. I think this is supposed to also be a Switch Best Buy release? Anyone know if someone else is picking this up for another run (ps4), Fangamer, SRG...

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
Any update on when the physical copies will arrive? I ordered mine over a year ago and have yet to receive it. I was told after the release of the DLC, but they did not give an exact date.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
Do all C-sides need to be completed to play this? I haven't even touched them.

Is the difficulty similar to C-sides? Or close to B?

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
Only the A side of chapter 8 needs to be complete to access chapter 9. Difficulty gets to C side level.
I don't even think I beat that, haha. I haven't played in a while gotta check!

I wonder if they'll ever release that level editor that Matt said he would during an interview with Tim Rogers. I would love love to toy with that.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit I guess I didn't do chapter 8 because I didn't want to find the crystal hearts. How long is that gonna take me?

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Some rooms I'd say are even more difficult than the C Sides. Even speedrunners of this game are having a hard time with Farewell. Would recommend assist mode for those who can't do C+side difficulty.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit I guess I didn't do chapter 8 because I didn't want to find the crystal hearts. How long is that gonna take me?
If you're just interested in playing the chapter I'd honestly just look up the crystal hearts, put on invincibility and infinite jump and go get them quickly. There's one of them that 99% of people wouldn't be able to get without looking up anyway lol

Chapter 8 itself is pretty tough but if you made it that far you should be good. Don't know how fast you did the rest of the game but it's certainly not longer than chapter 7, for reference

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
If you're just interested in playing the chapter I'd honestly just look up the crystal hearts, put on invincibility and infinite jump and go get them quickly. There's one of them that 99% of people wouldn't be able to get without looking up anyway lol

Chapter 8 itself is pretty tough but if you made it that far you should be good. Don't know how fast you did the rest of the game but it's certainly not longer than chapter 7, for reference

I consider myself pretty good at the game? So I THINK I will be okay but that could be my hubris talking haha. Thanks for the tips though, I forgot those options even exist so I'll probably do that and grab the hearts fast

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Think I might restart on PC because my joycons are away for repair and I never play my Switch docked, but there are worse things than replaying a game as good as this.

I did pick up the new Lena Raine music on Bandcamp and oh my god, Beyond the Heart might be the best song I've heard this year.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Booted up to play ch9 and it turns out I haven't even beaten ch8 yet. As above, guess I couldn't be bothered to find the hearts I needed! So I figured I'd just knock out a couple B-sides real quick and... I'm still in the same B-side.

Regret nothing though, a year or whatever later I'm immediately reminded how good the feel of this game is.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
Forgot you could wall climb in this game. Suddenly the game got a little, uh, more possible to beat.

Trails

Oct 28, 2017
Chapter 9 is really difficult. Played quite a lot, didn't have time to finish yet but yes, this is definitely c-side difficulty. I know it's mostly unfamiliarity but there's some screens that'll be difficult even if you know the route.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
never bothered to do any of the B and C sides but i'm gonna give this a go. freaking loved the game but was burnt out after beating the main story that I didn't have the energy for the others. The impressions are worrying me Lol. I don't have my skills anymore!

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Remember to Save and Exit when you stop playing to make sure your progress saves on any screen, and not just the specific checkpoint ones. Just lost a few screens progress because I forgot to earlier.

Nov 5, 2017
Obviously this level is much harder than previous ones, but I didn't have too much trouble with previous ones having my character go where I wanted her too and this time around my analog sticks seem to not be doing well. I've had trouble with drifting in other games, maybe I should do another controller or use the d pad. PS4 btw.

For example, since Chapter 9 is so difficult and you need to be almost perfectly precise with jumps and timing, like 90% of my deaths so far have been her jumping up and over instead of directly straight in one direction or vice versa, and I swear I'm pushing my analog stick directly straight, but maybe it's a little finicky.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been on a trip this weekend, so excited to get home tonight! Celeste is a top 5 game all time to me.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus, i forgot i could fast fall after the past year of not playing.

Made solving the 3rd room in (i think) quite tricky to figure out

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
There's so much on my plate right now but I gotta make time for this too!

Of course... I never finished C sides for 5-8, I think, and it's been a loooooong time since I came back to do 4 (which I'd already taken a big break before). So I guess we'll have to see if I can actually do any of those still first to warm up, hah.

Oct 25, 2017
So....gonna sound like an idiot here:

How do I get past the
blue beam with 4 empty hearts at the start of the Mountain Core? I'm just stuck there.
I'm assuming I have to get through that whole section/chapter to get to the Chapter 9 DLC?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
So....gonna sound like an idiot here:

How do I get past the
blue beam with 4 empty hearts at the start of the Mountain Core? I'm just stuck there.
I'm assuming I have to get through that whole section/chapter to get to the Chapter 9 DLC?

You have to find hearts in the previous levels. There's guides out there if you want to quickly find them.

kyo2004

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bogotá D.C.
Updated the game this morning but I have to wait until night to play it... It's gonna be a rollercoaster of emotions again suffering with this game (in a good way)... XD...

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Ugh, it turns out that Chapter 9 does actually have a Crystal Heart gate. I have to leave and finish off the last two b-sides that I never did before I can continue.

Oct 25, 2017
Chapter 9 is awesome but hard as fuck.

I just spent 15 minutes trying to get the upper exit from the first jellyfish screen. You have to get a pixel perfect horizontal boost jump and I kept just missing it over and over again.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Chapter 9 done. 1900 deaths and took 4 and a half hours. Amazing.
WsEdoBS.jpg

Last edited:

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
I beat the game plus all B and C sides, but this was a year ago. So now I'm feeling pretty lost with this new chapter. Can't even figure out how to pass one of the first few rooms, the first one where you can see it in its entirety by pressing a button in the beginning and scrolling... :/

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I just looked back in this thread and... yeah, I did 3C and 4C a full year ago, damn. I didn't think it was quite that long somehow.

So the rest of those Cs and this are gonna be a struggle, it seems. But hopefully a fun one; this game was always a really enjoyable challenge, so...

Vibed

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I am going crazy on this sheer cliff section. Wavedashing and that wall bouncing technique together is so hard to time.

Edit: Got it, with some luck. Hopefully there isn't a ton more.

Last edited:

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, this is rough. I should have gone back to play a few levels beforehand!

In related news, I had no idea that you could hold down to speed up your fall.

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
I adore this game. I started up Farewell today. The story setup seems really good. But playing it... it might be too hard for me... haha. I'm going to try and chip away at it, but I never got into the B/C-sides very much, so I'm not sure I'll be able to finish this one. Seems like a really cool piece of content though from what I've played so far.

Dink

Oct 31, 2017
Pro tip: hit the jump button after you dash into the
fish
to go further... I died so many times lol

Last edited: