• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Just DLed it and was trying out my TpHD and WWHD. I get 30FPS on TWHD, but only 20 FPS on WW. Anyone know what might be going on? I'm using a ryzen 5 2600 with a 1080ti

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hi. I want to "retire" my Wii U so I've been thinking of trying to set up emulation for its games and I've been impressed by the progress in this emulator in the past couple years so I'm thinking about getting into it soon. How hard is it to get games from my Wii U onto my PC legally and what would the steps to that be? I currently have some digital games on Wii U but most of them are physical so over the next few months I want to buy them again digitally cause I assume it'll be easier if my library is digital since I don't have a disc drive for my PC(but do let me know if that's incorrect or could be easily remedied).

Also, what kind of performance can I expect from Breath of the Wild with an i5-8600 and GTX 1060?

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, been trying to play my copy of Mario 3D World, but CEMU won't let me use my Switch pro controller or Dualshock 4. When i try to make a profle for them, it doesn't register any button presses at all. Anyone know what's up with that??

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys! I'm trying to play BotW at 60 fps with a 3440x1440 resolution. I remember hitting that somewhat consistently one year or so ago with a previous Cemu version (I think it was 1.12). But with 1.15 and the new FPS++ 2.2 it's just not possible anymore. Which doesn't make any sense to me.

Here's my setup:
- i7 4790 @ 3.6 GHz
- GTX 980 Ti
- 16 GB DDR3 RAM

Am I crazy or shouldn't I hit 60 fps with this?

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody play Breath of the Wild on a 144hz gsync monitor?

I played around on the plateau with a 144 fps limit through the dynamic fps++ graphics pack, until I got off the plateau and got tired of menu navigation being too fast at that framerate. I also noticed how broken the water physics were, with chests and enemies flying at 100mph in rivers. So I turned it down to a dynamic 72fps, which was somewhat better, but still bad. Bomb physics are also broken at framerates above 30fps, so rather than enemies being blown away by bombs, they're pulled toward them.

So now I'm playing at a static 30fps, and I was wondering if this had any negative affects on a 144hz monitor? I really don't like this framerate, but I guess if I want the game to behave how it's supposed to, I'm gonna have to deal with it. Also, is there a difference at this point between static fps and dynamic fps++? I noticed that at this point, FPS++ should have all the same benefits that static fps has. They both also don't seem to solve the issues I'm having at framerates higher than 30fps.

About to just go back to dynamic 72fps. I can deal with the broken physics and menu navigation easier than I can with the shit framerate.

Nickerous

Nov 2, 2017
I'm only getting 12 FPS on BoTW on my setup:

AMD FX-8300 Vishera 8-Core 3.3 GHz W/ 4.2 GHZ TURBO Socket AM3+ 95W Desktop Processor
16gb ddr-3 1600 ram
GTx 1050 2gb

Is that the best I can hope for? Would a 1060 6gb give me at least 30 FPS?

PGamer

Nov 28, 2017

AMD FX-8300 Vishera 8-Core 3.3 GHz W/ 4.2 GHZ TURBO Socket AM3+ 95W Desktop Processor
16gb ddr-3 1600 ram
GTx 1050 2gb

Your CPU is likely a bigger issue than the graphics card.

dsk1210

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh UK

16gb ddr-3 1600 ram
GTx 1050 2gb

That cup will struggle man.

Also Zelda is actually quite taxing on the GPU ,so try it at 720p and see what frames you get.

Nickerous

Nov 2, 2017
Actually, I changed to dual core and ran the graphics hack (whatever needs ctrl-f, maybe?) and now I'm getting 29-35 FPS on the plateau and nearly 60 in shrines. Even got mods working. I'm quite happy right now....even though my tower sounds like an airplane when Cemu is running.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I ripped my copy of Breath of the Wild. Will my laptop be able to play it decently?

It has a GTX 1070 I believe. Predator 17 laptop.

Einherjer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Cemu 1.15.2c is out

Changelog: http://cemu.info/patreon/changelog/cemu_1_15_2.txt
Additional fixes in 1.15.2c: A bug in CPU emulation fixed which improves sound in Xenoblade Chronicles X and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #Fe Fixed crash when online mode is enable.

Played TMS and XCX for a bit seems to be perfect now the audio was really bad before(crackling).

Last edited:

Einherjer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Doesn't run particularly well which is not surprising considering the weak cpu but impressive nonetheless.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
I've got BotW running at 1440p on an i5 4590 and a 1070 averaging around 40fps depending on the location and oh my god in heaven. My world has changed. It is night and day gorgeous compared to its Wii U/Switch counterpart. I'll be replaying the whole game plus the DLC, the latter of which for the first time.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
Does this play Bayonetta 2 perfectly? And if it does at what frames? I was thinking about buying the game on the Switch as well, but I'd rather play my Wii U version on this emulator if it runs faster and looks better.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing a few of my Wii U games on this and they work excellent at 4K. Wind Waker and 3D World look awesome.

Breath of the Wild looks unreal at 4k60. I have a small problem though, although it's locked at 60 most of the time, I do get occasional microstuttering, where the game drops 5 frames or so then goes back to 60. Any ways around that? I've turned off precompiling shaders and have the shader cache set up.

I'm on an i7 9700k, 16GB DDR4 RAM, and a 2080Ti.

Cathcart

Oct 29, 2017
Has anyone managed to import saves from SaveMii into cemu? I'm trying to pull my saves off of my Wii U and I had a hard time getting saviine to work. I read that SaveMii was pretty easy and I did manage to get a bunch of saves onto my SD card pretty quickly. But now I'm not sure what I have to do to get the games in cemu to recognize them.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Spent ~5 hours screwing around with Linux to see how much of an improvement the Mesa drivers for AMD made. BotW ran about 30% faster for a full 2 minutes before the whole thing came crashing down because it was using 7.9 of my 8GB's of ram.