• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Wii Party U with a real Wii Remote, IIRC it's only been relatively recently that these Mii heavy games have been stable

Yoshi's Woolly World, shader cache is infinitely faster here than OpenGL. YWW is pretty notorious for shader gen stutter

Oct 26, 2017
I just got to say, CEMU is awesome! I just got it set up yesterday. It was easier than I expected. I've only tried BotW so far but I can't believe how well it plays. I have my gaming PC downstairs but I never play there, and instead do all my gaming through Steam Remote Play, and CEMU works great through it. I've been playing BotW in 1080p through my projector in the living room and in my bedroom on my phone. I can't quite get 60 fps, usually around 40-50 so I ended up just locking it down to 30 fps. I have an i5 4690k, gtx 1060 6gb, and 16gb of ram. I should have set this up sooner.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Haven't been following CEMU in a long time. Has there been noticeable improvements in the last year or so? I remember Zelda for example being near perfect last winter.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't been following CEMU in a long time. Has there been noticeable improvements in the last year or so? I remember Zelda for example being near perfect last winter.
You have to be running a pretty lower mid tier to lower tier gaming PC to be reaping any more benefit at this point performance wise. The benefits for something like Zelda are pushing it way past the game's original capabilities like getting it to 60fps from its original capped 30fps.

Oct 26, 2017
Is everyone running OpenGL or Vulcan?

I have a 1060 6 gb so I'm running OpenGL as I understand Vulcan doesn't run as well on Nvidia, but now I'm reading reports saying Vulcan is great this release, so not sure if I should switch.

Edit: Looks like Vulcan is faster than OpenGL now on Nvidia gpus if you normally play with drawdone on, which I do. I guess I'll give it a shot!

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
They perform more or less on par now, with the bi advantage for Vulkan of being WAY faster to compile shaders.
Which makes Vulkan my default option now, since it's too much of an advantage even if it should cost me some fps occasionally.

It matters just for BOTW anyway, since I'm capping everything else on the intended 30 or 60 fps regardless of the API.

Oct 26, 2017
They perform more or less on par now, with the bi advantage for Vulkan of being WAY faster to compile shaders.
Which makes Vulkan my default option now, since it's too much of an advantage even if it should cost me some fps occasionally.

It matters just for BOTW anyway, since I'm capping everything else on the intended 30 or 60 fps regardless of the API.

Sweet. I just updated and am going to try out Vulcan.

Oct 31, 2017
Well, yes, shader compilation IS faster, but make no mistakes: you are still supposed to have a precompiled shader cache if you want a smooth experience.
Otherwise you'll have to go through the "pain" of having to build one over time yourself.

Oct 26, 2017
Well, yes, shader compilation IS faster, but make no mistakes: you are still supposed to have a precompiled shader cache if you want a smooth experience.
Otherwise you'll have to go through the "pain" of having to build one over time yourself.
I've read that if you just download a shader cache, sometimes you can get incorrect shaders so some effects could be wrong. Maybe that's not common. The shader compiling doesn't bother me that much. If it starts to I'll see if I can find a precompiled cache.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hello people
After finishing BOTW about 5 times on the wii U, I was thinking of playing it on PC now.
Few questions:
  • How much of a bottleneck can the CPU be ? Mine is kinda old (i5-4460, 3.2 Ghz). I don't think my GPU (Gtx 1070 Ti) will be a problem.
  • How hard is it to rip wii U discs ? Do you need a BR reader or just a DVD reader is enough ? My PC currently doesn't have a BR drive :( Any alternative otherwise ?
  • Can you unlock the DLC on cemu ? I have it bought on the console but I doubt you can link your nintendo account or whatever to the emulator :P
Thanks in advance :)

edit: figured it out with some help. Now just gotta fiddle with graphics settings.

Last edited:

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but the 60fps patch and removing the offline tag on Xenoblade Chronicles X just don't work for me, any help?

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dumping information across FTP from my WiiU is both an incredible feat in and of itself and also very slow. 😆 All I want to do is run Breath of the Wild and Super Smash Bros, and I endeavor to have both! I don't think it will be too hard, there's incredible video documentation of how to do it.

I might just download the digital version of Breath of the Wild instead of ripping my disc, I'm unsure which will be easiest.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2317

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aaaaand it's installed successfully! Just grabbed some great shader comps as well floating out there, and everything is looking stunning!

Breath of the Wild is a sight to behold, that's for sure. Really impressed with the emulation efforts of what's capable, can't wait to see how Smash Bros looks.

Deleted member 2317

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone want to trade / gift some shader caches? 😆 I found a great one for Breath of the Wild but my Pikmin 3 and Smash Bros WiiU shaders are sorely lacking. 😢

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
1.18.1 improved considerably performance with iGPU. Should I expect more improvements with 1.18.2?

Deleted member 2317

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have any Mario Maker, Mario Kart, Super Smash WiiU, Pikmin 3, or Xenoblade Chronicles shaders to share?

NuMiQ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Does anyone have any Mario Maker, Mario Kart, Super Smash WiiU, Pikmin 3, or Xenoblade Chronicles shaders to share?
Trading shader caches is seen as piracy afaik? Its strictly forbidden in the Cemu discord, so I'm not sure if we should be allowing it here.
On the upside: the new builds should have some insane reductions in shader stutter, so hopefully you shouldn't have too many issues.

Deleted member 2317

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I wonder why it's considered piracy? Truly, not being facetious- they're files generated from CEMU, not the games themselves, and besides, they're generated from my legally transferred game files... Oh well.

RE: The upside: Yeah, the newest Vulkan processing has fucking put lightning in the shader processing for me, it's wonderful.

Also, if someone wants to PM me about trading anything at all, I have lots to trade for whatever it is that I obliquely seek. And this post will be the absolute last time I speak of it.

Last edited:

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone able to speak to how Wind Waker HD is going with CEMU? I heard there were some bugs with the pictobox quest thingy