• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
How does donating and such work to get the latest version and if you don't how long does it take to be public? I wouldn't mind buying it like mIRC all those years ago but a recurring donation is a bit much for me.

Edit: nevermind found the info on patreon, you get every release a week early if you give at least $5 a month. Nice, they're making 30k a month just from those. I wish I had a skill the public wants :P

Oct 31, 2017
How does donating and such work to get the latest version and if you don't how long does it take to be public? I wouldn't mind buying it like mIRC all those years ago but a recurring donation is a bit much for me.
Donating works as for any Patreon: you select a fixed amount to pay every first of the month. The 5 dollars/month are the minimum that gives you access to the early release.
Paying gives you immediate access to an early build (if there is one), and you can withdraw your "subscription" at any time.

Each CEMU release comes out on Patreon first, then exactly a week later as a public release.
In this specific case, "one week later" is tomorrow.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
Are there alternative donation methods, I can't really do recurring but I wouldn't mind giving them $10 at random intervals whenever I feel I can (after I get a WiiU game to try). Don't care for losing the early access in that case.

pestul

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to try 1.11.3 on my 6 core Xeon 5650 (4.2GHz). With hook and FPS++ I'm pretty close to 30fps most of the time, but a 3 core compiler should be a huge difference.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Looking at the compatibility list, Wind Walker, Twilight Princess, Xenoblade X all run, with the latter having some issues. Tokyo Mirage unfortunately doesn't even boot and Wonderful 101 boots up and that's about it. Hmm... this is actually pretty cool as I kept these games and their rips when selling my WiiU. BOTW I have on the Switch so that's actually one game I am not worried about :P.

I will throw in for Patreon in couple of months once the backlog is lessened but I really want TMS out of all the above since that's the only game I haven't played that much before getting rid of the console itself.

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
BotW is such a perfect game for this. It hugely benefits from the added hardware power and even if shit goes wrong and stuff crashes the game saves so often plus you have quick save plus reboot and load times are lightning fast it's really not that big a deal.

Burny

Oct 26, 2017
This is bloody cool! I've finally gotten to installing the Homebrew channel on my WiiU and started to dump all my games using ddd - which includes DLC and my safegames. The way to get there is somewhat convoluted and I was thoroughly confused by which tool to use to dump the damn games, but I got there in the end.

Low and behold, my mid range PC can even handle them surprisingly well! The stutter when some shader seems to be compiling is annoying, but that happens only the first time it's required (are complete shader caches available somewhere?). Apart from that, BotW runs reasonably well.

Since I now have BotW running on the PC and my safegame transferred, I think I'll tackle the DLC, which I haven't touched yet, on the PC. Will test the performance a bit more. If it doesn't hold up at 1920*1080, I may have to go down to a lower resolution. What's more interesting is not having the nasty FPS drops I'm experiencing on the Wii U in towns, the lost forest etc.. Lastly, I'll have to look into using the Steam Controller's gyro to emulate the one of the gamepad. Gyro fine aiming FTW! ^^

The only other one of my games I'd like to play through Cemu is Wonderful 101. Which doesn't get beyond the menu for me unfortunately. :/ The couple of other games I have, namely MK8, Smash and Mario 3D World, are nice to have dumped to the PC for completion's sake, but the convenience of having the WiiU and all controllers still connected to the TV can't be beaten.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
Man I just downloaded this. Fucking amazed. I almost bought a WiiU for way more than it should be worth. My 5 year old has been dying to play Mario 3D world so he's stoked lol! I can't believe how easy this was to set up

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Encountered my very first crash in BotW XD. well thankfully the game autosaves often.
One odd thing though: The game maxes out at 30 FPS when I'm out in the field and doesn't go any higher. What's causing this?

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Encountered my very first crash in BotW XD. well thankfully the game autosaves often.
One odd thing though: The game maxes out at 30 FPS when I'm out in the field and doesn't go any higher. What's causing this?
The game uses a double-buffered Vsync by default, limiting framerates to factors of 60. Not sure if it's just that, or if there's also a 30fps cap employed on top of that by default, but in either case, you want to use the FPS++ graphics pack to uncap the framerate.

Last edited:

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I've only just started using CEMU but holy shit is it incredible:
1ScGSxK.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3ElTXMmXbw

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Huh so VSync is the reason I've been getting this FPS issue. Disabled it and now the FPS is increasing better.

Lime

Banned for use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any easy guide on how to install mods on CEMU?

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
So, I just got started with Cemu this week, and I'm having an annoying issue where if controller disconnects from bluetooth while Cemu is running and is reconnected, either via bluetooth, or USB, Cemu doesn't recognize it until a reboot. Everything else recognizes the controller except for Cemu, and some Google searches pointed toward others having this issue, but no one has posted a concrete solution because no one ever posts solutions on the internet for problems they solve for some unholy reason.

So, anyone know of a way around this that doesn't involve restarting a computer?

Oct 31, 2017
So, I just got started with Cemu this week, and I'm having an annoying issue where if controller disconnects from bluetooth while Cemu is running and is reconnected, either via bluetooth, or USB, Cemu doesn't recognize it until a reboot. Everything else recognizes the controller except for Cemu, and some Google searches pointed toward others having this issue, but no one has posted a concrete solution because no one ever posts solutions on the internet for problems they solve for some unholy reason.

So, anyone know of a way around this that doesn't involve restarting a computer?
No idea, and honestly it's weird.
I have a wireless Xbox controller and a wired Dualshock 4 and both when disconnect accidentally (the first if batteries go down, the second when I accidentally let the cable detach) reconnect immediately. Weirdly enough it actually works better on CEMU that on some native PC games (i.e. Nioh, where hte controller takes up to 10 seconds to reconnect).

P.S. I need to investigate what are the PC options to use a DS4 wireless, because I swear this controller has the fucking worst mini-USB port I've ever seen. You can disconnect the cable by breathing too hard on it.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I have a wireless Xbox controller and a wired Dualshock 4 and both when disconnect accidentally (the first if batteries go down, the second when I accidentally let the cable detach) reconnect immediately. Weirdly enough it actually works better on CEMU that on some native PC games (i.e. Nioh, where hte controller takes up to 10 seconds to reconnect).

P.S. I need to investigate what are the PC options to use a DS4 wireless, because I swear this controller has the fucking worst mini-USB port I've ever seen. You can disconnect the cable by breathing too hard on it.
That's a bummer. Walking to the bathroom and coming back and needing to restart the computer because the controller disconnected and won't be registered anymore is kind of annoying.

dsk1210

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh UK
You should be able to enable the inputs again once you have the controller connected again, just bring up the options, go to input and select your dxinput or whatever.

Unless I am missing something?

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
How is Bayonetta 2 now? The compatibility on the wiki just has a ;) next to it, the same as Breath of the Wild.

abrasivemurk

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

The problem is the stock cable sent with Ps4. Just buy a new cable.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
Any news on getting Tokyo Mirage Sessions working? It's one of the Wii U games I want to play most but don't really want to keep dragging the Wii U out just for that.

Oct 31, 2017
Allegedly new compatibility improvements that should affect an undetermined number of titles are coming with the 1.11.4 (which is releasing on January 30th).
No mention of specific titles aside from Mario Party 10, which was the only one the devs tested.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way that's better than ddd and doesn't require connecting via network to your Wii U, or no? I think I'd end up wanting a USB network adapter to directly connect to my PC but that's... kind of a pain.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Has the purple textures issue been resolved in CEMU 1.11.6? I found a video where the issue does not persist, but it's only 5 minutes long.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
No. Graphically, they've said that game implements stuff no other game does, so I imagine getting to it has a lower priority.
I guess it's time I decide to play it on my Wii U before putting it back into a box. Was hoping at some point it would become a focus for the dev like Xenoblade seemed to be before Zelda release.

Dec 18, 2017
What is the most safe and reliable Homebrew I should be installing on my Wii U to get my game off of it, so I can try them with CEMU?

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Downloaded CEMU and after some trial and error managed to get Project Zero Maiden of Black Water running perfectly in 4k. Some weird graphical problems, like the characters being almost completely black during cutscenes and the hair being lit weird in general, but still really impressive. Took some screenshots in 4k (downsampled here to 1080):

1j0u12.jpg
3nbuwo.jpg
5hquxs.jpg

62guk8.jpg
7vtupe.jpg
4ekuqn.jpg

And the weird skin glitch:
2hzu7r.jpg