• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
This is surprisingly emotional. He's been with us for years of gaming news and his jokes were always shared because he could see the funny side of all the crazy stuff that we sometimes take far too seriously.

Godspeed, fake Kaz and real Mark.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Colin Moriarty is obsessed with himself lol. This is his tweet:

"Your account was brilliant. It was amazing how many people thought the account was mine over the years (as if I'm that clever).

I'm sad you're shutting it down, but I am wishing you the best. Thank you for the laughs!"

First sentence says the account was great. Second sentence is him trying to associate the account with him.

Anyway, I loved this guy's sense of humor. Sad to see him go!

bar_bar12

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So Kaz Hirai's origin story was that none of his friends got his nerdy E3 gaming jokes. That man represents all of us :')

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for all the laughs, Mark/Fake Kaz.

That Twitter account was easily one of the most consistently amusing feeds I've ever been fortunate enough to follow for quite some time. It will be sorely missed.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
I always wonder how well if he ever does stand up comedy. I can believe he can easily write a few hours worth of good material based on real life events.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
He genuinely brought laughs and smiles to so many people's faces. Farewell my friend. You will forever be Sony Ex CEO.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Man digging through the old tweets.....fun times. Glad I live through this whole thing!

Take care Mark!

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
He did a masterful job, and from reading the polygon article he seems like a top bloke too. You'll be missed KazHiraiCEO, but also remembered with great fondness.

Legends say that one day, in our time of greatest need, he will return to defend consumers of digital entertainment...

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks, Mark. Sweet way to end it all. Must've been fun trying to explain to friends you have a popular fake twitter account about video games, haha

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goodnight sweet prince

We shall await His prophesied return when the PS5 is announced

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
Pretty funny guy. Could probably get work as a joke writer if he ever tires of his day job.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder who is was on there? (Someone should try and dig up some screens of when he admitted it was him, followed by all the deniers).

The thread on neogaf where it's most likely that he reveals himself is a bit of a mess with various deleted posts, so it may not be there anymore. That said, there are a couple of likely candidates in it but I don't think it's fair to start posting screenshots here trying to out him. I'd bet if he's here he hangs out in football era though.

DXB-KNIGHT

Oct 27, 2017
That's sad :(
Appreciate all the splendid jokes.

Wonder if someone will be holding the touch as I can't see any Twitter account that's holds a candle to him.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017

"Your account was brilliant. It was amazing how many people thought the account was mine over the years (as if I'm that clever).

I'm sad you're shutting it down, but I am wishing you the best. Thank you for the laughs!"

First sentence says the account was great. Second sentence is him trying to associate the account with him.

Now's probably a good time to say this, but I randomly tweeted something about how KazHiraiCEO followed CM (and how shitty that was), and I got a DM from KH saying it was from back in the Kinda Funny days and wanted me to delete the tweet.

I'm tempted to tweet that at Colin, but he's blocked me.

I bet Colin only said that because he noticed KH followed him.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Now's probably a good time to say this, but I randomly tweeted something about how KazHiraiCEO followed CM (and how shitty that was), and I got a DM from KH saying it was from back in the Kinda Funny days and wanted me to delete the tweet.

I'm tempted to tweet that at Colin, but he's blocked me.

I bet Colin only said that because he noticed KH followed him.
Does Colin block a lot of people? How did you get blocked?

Adamastor

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Hopefully some one picks him up for social media manager. The sonic account is amazing, maybe Sony should get him and run a Nathan Drake account. Or just PR in general.

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Thank you for this beautiful ride, Mark. I hope you can enjoy your retirement or get a job doing PR in the industry, depending on your preference!

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
From one Mark to another..godspeed my friend and thanks for the laughs.. ya know that Phil Spencer guy is still out there....

Is he on Era? I'm sure that Kaz thing is enough to get a title...

iamsgod

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

of course he is