• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
www.gamesindustry.biz

Panic Art Studios CEO posts racist remarks on Twitter

Panic Art Studios studios CEO Elias Viglione has backtracked after posting a series of racist tweets allegedly inciting…

"I have bad ADHD and most likely schizophrenia; I am seeing a psychiatrist and trying to cope with life being overworked burned out and anxious all the time.
hmmm...

Doesn't seem to have much more than wasn't already reported, but at least it's being reported.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Well shit...

That's as racist as you can get. Goddamn, chill the fuck out.

Way to destroy your career, bud.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.gamesindustry.biz

Panic Art Studios CEO posts racist remarks on Twitter

Panic Art Studios studios CEO Elias Viglione has backtracked after posting a series of racist tweets allegedly inciting…

hmmm...

Doesn't seem to have much more than wasn't already reported, but at least it's being reported.
BRO HOW THE FUCK DOES ADHD MAKE YOU DO THIS SHIT???? I have difficulties with motivation and self-discipline, go on unnecessarily long rants on things I'm passionate about, and have restless leg syndrome, but ADHD doesn't make me a racist fuck. Fuck out of here with using your mental illnesses to hide how bad of a person you are. Being anxious and burnt out don't make you a racist fuck. I can't personally speak on what it's like to have schizophrenia; I'm sure it's terrible and difficult to live a normal life, but I don't think being schizophrenic gives you an excuse to be racist fuck either.

Fuck this dude.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have bad ADHD and most likely schizophrenia; I am seeing a psychiatrist and trying to cope with life being overworked burned out and anxious all the time.

lol so now he's the victim here. poor guy.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
I don't think he's playing the victim card. He's apologizing and, hopefully, coming to terms with his disease.
He's playing the victim card big time.

victim_card_monopoly.png

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, I simply meant he may actually be schizophrenic. Just cause you're schizophrenic doesn't mean you aren't racist as hell, but it does explain why he had an episode.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Man this kind of news just makes me so angry at the state of the world. In this case, I couldn't think of an easier situation to enact a boycott. Bye slovenly disheveled dimwit hate monger Felicia.

Livetohard378

Self-requested ban
Banned
Feb 17, 2019
"His disease" nah he's just a piece of garbage. More over I have family that's schizophrenic, so plz don't with this bullshit. This man is just a racist.

Mr.Vic20

Oct 31, 2017
Deeds over time always beat words in a moment. If he doesn't want to been treated as a terrible person, he should regularly contribute to fighting racism/bigotry. His track record to date does not reflect this. Pull up dude, life is hard enough without all the hate.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Dude, you're a fucking enabler.

Jesus. I think Garion was just being painfully naive, not willfully shitty. I think everyone let them know that pretty emphatically. I think we can take the rhetoric down a notch.

Remember who the real problem is here. It is the fucking Nazi. Not some summer child who believes every apology is sincere.

Last edited:

Nauren

Oct 30, 2017
Um I have ADHD and I've not once found myself being a racists piece of shit? And how does one not know if they have schizophrenia?

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Went on Steam to see if I had any of their games and permanently removed them from my account.

As someone who deals with mental health issues, they don't make me a racist piece of shit, fuck outta here.

PlzUninstall

Oct 30, 2017
"I removed the tweets as fast as possible, and my Twitter account to protect myself from this kind of situation."

I'll bet you fucking did. Couldn't handle the reality of being a giant piece of shit and people calling him out on it. FUCK this guy. Stop using mental illness as your shield. He needs to apologise and grow up.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Jesus. I think Garion was just being painfully naive, not willfully shitty. I think everyone let them know that pretty emphatically. I think we can take the rhetoric down a notch.

Remember who the real problem is here. It is the fucking Nazi. Not some summer child who believes every apology is sincere.

They're both a problem. We can address more than one problem at once.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I guess his ADHD caused him to scheme date rape. poor guy.

Well you know what they say... You may have ADHD if you have poor time management skills, struggle to focus on a single task, or occasionally attempt to rape people.

They're both a problem. We can address more than one problem at once.

Which is fair enough. However, multiple people addressed it and I am not sure if there is anything to gain from piling on someone who was being naive. That is all I am saying.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
"I removed the tweets as fast as possible, and my Twitter account to protect myself from this kind of situation."

I'll bet you fucking did. Couldn't handle the reality of being a giant piece of shit and people calling him out on it. FUCK this guy. Stop using mental illness as your shield. He needs to apologise and grow up.

The studio twitter account still has most anyone who even mentioned what happened blocked, too.

Just absolute cowardice and disingenuousness.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
And how does one not know if they have schizophrenia?

It's a part of the disorder, in large part because of the biological basis of the disorder. There's a wide range of symptoms that range from minor things like oversleeping to larger things like hearing voices. If someone is having the negative symptoms, meaning the stuff that doesn't involve hallucinating dead people, they won't know it's a disease making them paranoid or have flat affect. In some ways there's a lot of parallels between schizophrenia and being depressed. One could easily think they're just depressed only to later find out they're schizophrenic. Most folks don't wander around wondering if they're schizo and I'd imagine most want to believe they are anything but.

If this guy is truly schizophrenic I hope treatment allows him to realize his shithead views were just that.

nillansan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denmark

I am just so god damn used to the far right playing the victims and seeing idiots prop them up, which absolutely hinders any kind of justice and essentially makes it okay to be a bigot. I am tired of that shit.

It is extremely irresponsible to ignore people that enable and validate their behaviour and whatever sob stories they make up.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I am just so god damn used to the far right playing the victims and seeing idiots prop them up, which absolutely hinders any kind of justice and essentially makes it okay to be a bigot. I am tired of that shit.

I mean, you aren't wrong. Everything is subtext these days. Most people who say shitty things say them behind a vale of plausible deniability (a very thin one). Certainly this would be less commonplace if people called bigots out on their shit more.

Last edited:

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Give me a break blaming this on your ADHD and maaaaaaaybe having schizophrenia. That's not how those conditions work and if anything he is insulting people with those diseases by attempting to use that excuse.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
I have ADHD. In my experience, it actually does not cause racism. Who'da thunk it?!?

Fuck this piece of shit for using that excuse. He's leveraging a very real condition that plenty of us cope with in our own ways every day in order to vindicate his evil. I can't stand it when people leverage mental illness as a trump card for evil words and behavior, one of my major pet peeves.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Even less sympathy as he tries to use ADHD and potential schizophrenia to gain sympathy points and as an excuse for his being a racist extremist piece of shit.
Hopefully he gets help with all of his conditions.
But I'm pretty sure he'll continue being a racist and sexist piece of shit, just not on platforms that can be easily linked to him or his company.

ChristianH94

Apr 14, 2019
It's entirely within the realm of possibility this was just a psychotic outburst... well at least I thought until I read he has a history of doing this and never really apologizes outside of saying something like "that was disgusting I'm not saying it again." I feel if this gentleman cared he'd mention in his apology about the recent tweets that the people he wished death on are actual living human beings and that nobody deserves to be labeled and discriminated against in such a way, instead of that we get something along the lines of "this was just a psychotic episode and I said something nasty sorry guys!"

To be fair it probably was something involving his
Illness that truly made him post that stuff without realizing the potential repercussions it could have but his lack of awareness that his words are damaging in my eyes point to the fact he may have actually meant them.