• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Good luck getting that to run on Switch both with an acceptable resolution and acceptable frame rate. Their optimization is garb even on the most powerful console.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I'll play on my Switch at 1 fps? With textures loading in when the game is ending? Nice.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The concept works on mobile with touchscreen controls ffs, battle royale will rule everything soon.

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do they want crossplay too? There's a platform manufacturer out there does seem absolutely intent on limiting their players within their own base.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Given the performance on One X I've managed to capture some footage of the game running on Switch. It's 1080p and a fixed 1fps. Beautiful

3206260-pubg+3.jpg

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Well fortnite is already doing that and eating their lunch. I wouldn't be surprised if Fortnite even came on switch before the ps4 version of pubg even releases

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I understand that they want to beat the iron as long as it's red hot,but maybe first fix the problems with the versions that are already out before planning ports?

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Since the quote in the OP literally says they want to focus on the Xbox version before this happens, Im ok with this.

It isn't greatly optimised currently sure, but it's a fun ride. Would like it on PS4 eventually

MajinArekkusu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Well duh. They would be really stupid not to cash in on the biggest console userbase with the ps4 at the moment after microsofts timed exclusivity runs out.

Meanwhile the free to play fortnite battle royale will grow and grow and getting all of their money.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
No surprise just MS first as preview program then PS4 when the console version hits 1.0 and finally switch if they can get it working on there.

chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User was warned for console war derailing
But, but "console exclusive"...

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
so, work wont start on a ps4 version until 1.0 hits xb1.

probably at least 12 months before playstation/switch? users get to play this

EkStatiC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greece
Make it turn based for the switch:
You roam the island and when you see another player the game shift to pokemon style battle.
The pokemon game that anyone wanted is here...

Nov 3, 2017
By the time Xbox One exclusivity runs out + dev time for other ports, everyone will have moved on to the next big thing

The Inventor

Oct 28, 2017
The humor in this thread...thank you, thank you very much.

They're right about trying to finish the game for the Xbox first, so they can start charging for it.

Oh, wait, that's the reason why I haven't bought it yet.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
50 million of sold copies incoming!

PUBG will reach that well before a potential Ps4 release in 2019.
I fond the regional differences and challenges he was talking about the most interesting.

Xbox and PC is not that strong in Japan compared to other platforms, but they obviously don't want to miss out on the third biggest gaming market in the world.