• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do you believe will be the end result at Ohio State?

• Urban gives a sternly worded Press Conference

• Urban gives a remorseful Press Conference

• Urban Resigns/Fired/"Health Issues" Come up

• Nothing

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
urban-meyer-sad-pizza.gif

CFB Era's Official Podcast- The Decided Schematic Advantage- Records live in our Discord every Wednesday @ 9 PM EST

The new podcast is now up. Subscribe in iTunes here or find The Decided Schematic Advantage in your podcast app of choice

Episode 47 - OPE! Another podcast appears ::smirks::

We're a little rusty but, Ope! We're back. We check in on how the FPI is doing in this preseason and find so much B1G virtue in the top 12. We also check in on the Pac 12 to see if we can remember who is in the conference. Then we answer some listener questions about our conferences.

Enjoy.​

Screen_Shot_2018_01_02_at_2.07.42_PM.0.png

Stop fucking with my OP goddammit.

fomtpqwmbcm8nojn2jic.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
UCF, following a storied college football tradition established in 1869! Gosh I love tradition, don't you?

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's the '17 offseason though. UCF is the 2017 champion.

That feels weird. Always figured the offseason was the year the offseason actually fell in. Like last year was the '17 offseason leading into the '17 season. It's just neater that way.

Why am I arguing over this? Lmao nvm me

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Gonna be a long 8 months. Bold Prediction for next year: I am going to get everything wrong....like I always do. So nevermind.

My Way-Too-Early CFP prediction in 2018

1. Alabama
2. Auburn
3. Notre Dame
4. Georgia

Auburn loses the iron bowl finishing 11-1

Georgia loses the SEC-CG to Alabama but still get in based on being the SEC runner up

Notre Dame finishes 11-1 or maybe 12-0

DopeToast

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats to Alabama, even though I hated to see you win. Congrats to UCF for doing what you did.

Go Bucks. It's gonna be a long eight months, but I got so many other dang sports to keep me occupied.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK

1. Alabama
2. Auburn
3. Notre Dame
4. Georgia

Georgia loses the SEC-CG to Alabama but still get in based on being the SEC runner up

Damn. Can't we just find a way to get a fourth SEC team in there so the rest of the country can literally go fuck itself?

Also, will we still have to deal with people complaining about "anti-SEC media bias" if this happens?

Don't mind me. I'm just venting. I'll be better....later.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017

1. Alabama
2. Auburn
3. Notre Dame
4. Georgia

If Auburn loses to Alabama again, I feel like Gus is gone.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
So who gets the #1 recruiting class this year? Alabama again? Georgia?

Georgia for sure. Though, I think there's too much focus on rankings and not enough on the quality of the kids. Basically, you have a few tiers:

- Georgia, OSU, Bama and USC are all pulling really high-quality kids. Bama and especially USC are further down in the rankings not because of the quality of their class so much as the size.
- Texas, Miami, Penn St., OU, Clemson and Auburn are kind of in the next tier. Florida could probably be included, too. Tiny class for them, but good kids.
- Pretty much the rest of the top 25.
- Everyone else.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Eason officially gone to UW. UGA treated him like shit, the fans treated him like shit, and Kirby lied to the poor kid. He never wanted him but was desperate to have another option other than than loser who couldn't hack it at a 3rd-rate ACC school.

I hope he throws for 4000 yards, 50 tds, and is the first pick in the draft and never lets us forget what we did to him.

Congrats Huskies. We ran off the wrong QB.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Georgia for sure. Though, I think there's too much focus on rankings and not enough on the quality of the kids. Basically, you have a few tiers:

- Georgia, OSU, Bama and USC are all pulling really high-quality kids. Bama and especially USC are further down in the rankings not because of the quality of their class so much as the size.
- Texas, Miami, Penn St., OU, Clemson and Auburn are kind of in the next tier. Florida could probably be included, too. Tiny class for them, but good kids.
- Pretty much the rest of the top 25.
- Everyone else.

Texas is definitely in that top group. Quality wise we have the 4th best class, and overall we have the 3rd highest ranked class.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
Texas is definitely in that top group. Quality wise we have the 4th best class, and overall we have the 3rd highest ranked class.

Depends on where you look.

Rivals has Texas tied for #11 when sorted by average player rating. Scout * 24/7 would have them 4th behind Georgia, OSU and USC (like I said). Can't tell with ESPN because they lock that shit behind insider access and they don't let you sort by anything but their arbitrary class rank.

While we're on the subject, you could just as easily take my first two tiers and just stick 'em together. The difference between the #3 class and the #8 class in reality, two years from now when most of those kids are on the field, is basically nothing. How well they've been coached up is a bigger deal than what some goofy ranking service came up with when trying to compare some high school kiddie from Maryland with one from North Dakota while assigning a made up number to 'em.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Depends on where you look.

Rivals has Texas tied for #11 when sorted by average player rating. Scout * 24/7 would have them 4th behind Georgia, OSU and USC (like I said). Can't tell with ESPN because they lock that shit behind insider access and they don't let you sort by anything but their arbitrary class rank.

While we're on the subject, you could just as easily take my first two tiers and just stick 'em together. The difference between the #3 class and the #8 class in reality, two years from now when most of those kids are on the field, is basically nothing. How well they've been coached up is a bigger deal than what some goofy ranking service came up with when trying to compare some high school kiddie from Maryland with one from North Dakota while assigning a made up number to 'em.

Actually you also had Alabama in the top tier, and Texas has a higher avg player ranking than Bama. And I use 24/7 because they are aggregate based.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
Actually you also had Alabama in the top tier, and Texas has a higher avg player ranking than Bama. And I use 24/7 because they are aggregate based.

That's fine by me. Swap out Texas for Bama if it makes you smile bigger. If I were going to change anything about my prior post, it would just be to collapse the first two groups into one anyway. People get too hung up on the order of the rankings inside of the top 10, IMO.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017

Hard to imagine a coach kicking THAT to the curb just because he can't run but that's exactly what Kirby did and it's going to cost UGA down the line. Fromm did a good job managing games and did a good job making some plays vs OU, but when he had to make throws against a good defense he fell to pieces.

UGA will regret this for a long time.

Bucknuticus

UCF Super fan! Go Knights!
Oct 25, 2017
We finished ahead of the real national champs, which makes use national champs. Lets go for 2 in a row next season.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Eason was never beaten out by Fromm. There never was any competition. Kirby and the coaches picked a guy and that was it. There was a good bleacher report article right before the OU game about Eason accepting his role as the backup, and it made very clear that there never was any chance for Eason to get his job back no matter what.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...w-jacob-eason-faced-up-to-season-on-sidelines

But Fromm demonstrated week after week that he was a capable starter. Eason cheered on Fromm while he was sidelined—there's never been any discernible tension between the two, coaches say—but he also believed he could still re-establish himself.

Healthy enough to play late in the blowout at Tennessee, Eason committed himself the following week to again win the job. He treated the week of practice leading up to the Vanderbilt game as if each day were a Super Bowl preparation.

Nothing changed, however. Fromm retained the job. Eason mopped up late in the team's decisive victory at Vandy, completing all three of his pass attempts for 24 yards.

That wound up being the last time he threw a pass in a game. It became increasingly clear to Eason that there was not really a competition.

Last edited:

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017

Resist and become our H-back, Jalen.

I firmly believe if there is one dude who would do it and be that guy he would. Hell Urbs convinced Braxton Miller to become a WR. I wonder if Nick will ask Jalen or if he'll suggest it? I don't think anything is settled until A-Day though. Imagine Jacobs/Harris/Harris all being completely under used in the backfield next year....

Status
Not open for further replies.