• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
You watched the whole thing?
Oh hell no. I skimmed through it. Saw they had that actress whose name I can't remember doing a somewhat typical role for herself, caught the Marbury bad acting emotional crying scene complete with the aforementioned actress saying "god has a plan" or "these things happen for a reason" (Can't remember which), and dash of other poorly acted scenes between starbury and his Chinese friend.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif
This is a pretty good explainer for you.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh hell no. I skimmed through it. Saw they had that actress whose name I can't remember doing a somewhat typical role for herself, caught the Marbury bad acting emotional crying scene complete with the aforementioned actress saying "god has a plan" or "these things happen for a reason" (Can't remember which), and dash of other poorly acted scenes between starbury and his Chinese friend.

So in other words you bore witness to a cinematic masterpiece.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't help but think there was some political pressure behind the scenes to combat the perception China is racist towards black people.

edit;

Never mind, I thought this was an award ceremony in China.

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
I thought that was more awkward than racist. It's funny though because I saw a recent interview of Frank Grillo promoting Wheelman and he was being interviewed by a Black media outlet, and the first thing he does is tell them how much percentage Black he is. LOL

However you want to interpret that. I'm not feeling the need to go out on a limb to convince anyone about how I feel about it.

FireFistAce

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I don't think so. What are the odds that Disney pulled some strings to promote Boseman so that Black Panther does better in China?

FireFistAce

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Both, either, take your pick.

Firsy, all Boseman has so far have been bit parts in movies, including 1 big movie that released 1.5 years ago in China. Not even in the US is the most popular actor.

The other part is just a question. Disney has enough pull and enough motive to make it happen. Why? To ensure that BP has a good WW boxoffice of course.

GLHFGodbless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I simply don't believe it. Dudes been in like 2 movies anyone would have heard of in the passed few years. This is a pretty obvious publicity stunt. I mean, it would be great if it were true, but it literally makes no sense.

Oct 27, 2017
B-b-but black film actors don't do well in other countries. I don't want to hear any more excuses from hollywood if BP is a smash over in China.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
they love him more than benedict cumberbatch?
mainland chinese loooooooooooooove sherlock afaik

Dai101

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Firsy, all Boseman has so far have been bit parts in movies, including 1 big movie that released 1.5 years ago in China. Not even in the US is the most popular actor.

The other part is just a question. Disney has enough pull and enough motive to make it happen. Why? To ensure that BP has a good WW boxoffice of course.

Dude. Your tinfoil hat fell down.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So apparently Chinese company "Super Hero Films" financed his latest movie, Marshall. I guess that's that.

WoollyTitan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Maldovarium
This is godamn weird in all the coolest and best ways. But you know what.....I LOVE BEING RIGHT!!!! >_<

I freaking KNEW he would go places since I first saw him on that episode of Fringe! He's just a damn good actor and I'm really happy he's getting to carry such an important character going forward and getting the recognition he deserves.