• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I actually don't disagree so much, but here's the provocation: the clock didn't start ticking AFTER he made the statement, it started before. The nature of, not just social media, but how certain parties left right and center uses and abuses it, is simply too well known for someone of his prominence to claim ignorance. Even if he can't keep up himself, he should be utterly surrounded by people, boardroom or street, who should be able to tell him what's up.

You're right, we are too short attention'd. WE should all wait, but he fuckwits who took advantage of his voice here CERTAINLY didn't. That's the stake. But this isn't about him starting neutral and needing to see which way the feedback flows, it's him fucking up and starting from the red fro the get-go.

Honestly if the stakes are so high, just never post on social media...

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly if the stakes are so high, just never post on social media...

That's not an entirely bad idea a lot of times!

But this is the playing field. I think he's a good dude from all that I've seen, but it should be (ideally) common knowledge that having good intentions by itself REALLY isn't good enough.

It's egg on his face, but I hope he finds a way to turn it into a positive rally somehow.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
The new Chance tweet makes me want to give him the benefit(I kind of thought it was one of those moments when your just so emotionally attached to someone that you try make sense of their actions.) but the damage has kind of been done. I get it though if people don't forgive him. He fucked up. I glad he sees the problem. Now Kanye... he doesn't get to come back. It doesn't matter in the end. It happened and Kanye can do whatever he wants as long as he realizes other people have the right criticize him.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The new Chance tweet makes me want to give him the benefit(I kind of thought it was one of those moments when your just so emotionally attached to someone that you try make sense of their actions.) but the damage has kind of been done. I get it though if people don't forgive him. He fucked up. I glad he sees the problem. Now Kanye... he doesn't get to come back. It doesn't matter in the end. It happened and Kanye can do whatever he wants as long as he realizes other people have the right criticize him.

Chance CAN come back, but I want receipts.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah I saw a whole bunch of dodgy tweets from Chance before this so I'm not surprised. Sadly these sorts of reputations aren't easy to lose once acquired.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
What does that even remotely have to do with this?

Like the fuck kinda take is this?
?

- This is a thread about Chance.
- All throughout the thread people have called Chance an informant, plant, said he's on fuck shit, said he's not like he used to be and etc.
- People have been making jokes about Chance all throughout this thread.
- I said he's always been on fuck shit.
- I mention his Monique comment which, again, relates to Chance and how others view his comments.

What's confusing about this?

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
?

- This is a thread about Chance.
- All throughout the thread people have called Chance an informant, plant, said he's on fuck shit, said he's not like he used to be and etc.
- People have been making jokes about Chance all throughout this thread.
- I said he's always been on fuck shit.
- I mention his Monique comment which, again, relates to Chance and how others view his comments.

What's confusing about this?

Half those comments some low grade driveby bullshit. Which I figured had passed by now. Like really the whole plant shit.

Man, do better with your life.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Half those comments some low grade driveby bullshit. Which I figured had passed by now. Like really the whole plant shit.

Man, do better with your life.
Bruh...your post is the definition of a drive-by. You straight up asked what my post had to do with anything and then after responding you say "do better with your life", you need to relax.

Secondly, you didn't even get why I brought up the Monique reference. The reason it was brought up is because Chance immediately latched himself to Monique without knowing the full details of the situation and in turn people called him out on it. In relation to this, Chance latched himself to Ye without understanding exactly what he's doing. He's done this plenty of times with situations in the past which is why people have called him a fraud, opportunist and a disingenuous person. Hell, Chance straight up latched onto that SoundCloud shit last year and then immediately after he just made the comments on Twitter he called people to his IG just to promote his shows for the weekend. There's a reason why people call him these things.

If you disagree you disagree but in this case when the man straight up says he made a mistake then shit it is what it is. At the end of the day though you need to contribute more rather than question why people post what they post.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Bruh...your post is the definition of a drive-by. You straight up asked what my post had to do with anything and then after responding you say "do better with your life", you need to relax.

Secondly, you didn't even get why I brought up the Monique reference. The reason it was brought up is because Chance immediately latched himself to Monique without knowing the full details of the situation and in turn people called him out on it. In relation to this, Chance latched himself to Ye without understanding exactly what he's doing. He's done this plenty of times with situations in the past which is why people have called him a fraud, opportunist and a disingenuous person. Hell, Chance straight up latched onto that SoundCloud shit last year and then immediately after he just made the comments on Twitter he called people to his IG just to promote his shows for the weekend. There's a reason why people call him these things.

If you disagree you disagree but in this case when the man straight up says he made a mistake then shit it is what it is. At the end of the day though you need to contribute more rather than question why people post what they post.

How the fuck my post the definition of a drive-by... if I'm still here fucking talking to you. Like come on man. i asked cause shit had no correlation to everything else that was being discussed for the past two pages. It aint god damn hard to understand. And instead of explaining, which you finally did in this post. You went on a tangent of other people's fuckshit. You coulda been straight up from jump and all this fuckery coulda been avoided.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
man makes a couple spur of the moment tweets, in a reflex defense of a friend, later clarifies

clearly this means he should be dragged constantly from now on

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think he did the right thing and shouldn't really be chastised for it. He made a boo boo and admitted to it.