• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sambills

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
That mentality certainly exists, and black people are "expected" to blindly believe certain things. But this isn't just a discussion about being conservative. There's nothing wrong with being a black conservative. But...Trump is not a conservative. He's a right wing racist fascist who dreams of being a dictator. He's actively fucking over various groups, including a lot of black people.

I can understand supporting some of Trump's policies, but when you simply praise him and display a MAGA hat...you're sending a message that you support the man. And the man is a disgrace, and a threat to a lot of people.

Do normal conservatives not actively fuck over black people or am i missing something

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
This is literally the example of the proverb "Just because you are correct doesnt mean you are right"

mernst23

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
He's a union-busting piece of trash who's just as happy to lie in bed with corporations as King Asshole Rahm. The two of them make quite the pair.

Illinois isn't bad because of Democrats, it's bad because it's Illinois.

As someone who works very closely with unions in chicago, honestly good. But it doesn't matter anyways considering he's an Illinois republican, unions being broken up will never happen in this state. Considering Illinois just raised corporate state taxes, I don't see how his opinion on something he has no control over matters in this situation. If he was holding that over the state as a reason for not signing a balanced budget, I would be there right with you calling for his removal.

It's the equivalent of asking federal congressmen and senators their stance on roe v wade, when they have no power to change that decision, what the fuck does it matter what their opinion is? Calling Rahm and rauner corrupt for trying to attract jobs to this cluster fuck of a state is incredibly short sighted. But the continued downward budget spiral is going to catch up with us, and with no creation of jobs to offset these deficits, this state won't be able to attract any new business with their high taxes, high cost of entry, and lack of intelligent people living in the city itself due to safety, infrastructure, and cost barriers. Honestly, the only thing that might save this city is if amazon comes here, but good fucking luck based on the attitudes of like inded individuals like yourself. We already pissed off Lucas from building his museum here, why would this be any different?

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I think the low voter turnout among black folk in 2016 was a pretty strong rebuke against the Democratic Party. You don't need to put on a red hat to send the signal that you want better candidates representing you.

Besides, Kanye didn't even fucking vote. And he has the nerve to complain about the state of Chicago.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
He's right, though. Black people don't have to be Democrats and it'd be nice if more of us realized that. I know that the Democratic Party is way better for black Americans than the GOP, but we keep seeing Democrats shift right, trying to court the racists, and the Never Trump conservatives despite us supporting them and winning them elections. There's not much we can do to change them besides agitation and exercising our right to vote to push the Democrats further left even if it means potentially withholding our votes or voting for third parties. Vote for actual progressives. Stop compromising.
Sheesh.

The one thing that has always been a weakness for democrats is that a lot of Black people are conservative.

They also are also pragmatists.

If white conservatives actually stopped caring so much about race that would easily split up a lot of Black and Hispanic voters. And I think they would sweep almost everyone from continental Asia.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Chance wants the mainstream. He wants to be the rapper you hear in the supermarket.
kitkat5f-1-web.jpg

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
You're right he isn't directly saying that. What he is saying though is to vote in a way that actually helps Republicans win. For better or worse the US system is a two party system.

Yep, if telling them to vote Republican gets you backlash, see if you can sneak an equally destructive message through the side door. Us oldheads have seen this shit before. Like one of them fucking raptors in Jurassic park testing the fucking fences for weaknesses. As soon as one approach doesn't work, these lost ass fools modify it a little and retry the shit. Then you get a bunch of dumbasses going "Well, he isn't saying vote Republican tho!" because no one ever taught their asses to connect the dots.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
This is maybe badly timed but to put this on par with Kanye's latest fuckery is some dumb shit.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who works very closely with unions in chicago, honestly good. But it doesn't matter anyways considering he's an Illinois republican, unions being broken up will never happen in this state. Considering Illinois just raised corporate state taxes, I don't see how his opinion on something he has no control over matters in this situation. If he was holding that over the state as a reason for not signing a balanced budget, I would be there right with you calling for his removal.

It's the equivalent of asking federal congressmen and senators their stance on roe v wade, when they have no power to change that decision, what the fuck does it matter what their opinion is? Calling Rahm and rauner corrupt for trying to attract jobs to this cluster fuck of a state is incredibly short sighted. But the continued downward budget spiral is going to catch up with us, and with no creation of jobs to offset these deficits, this state won't be able to attract any new business with their high taxes, high cost of entry, and lack of intelligent people living in the city itself due to safety, infrastructure, and cost barriers. Honestly, the only thing that might save this city is if amazon comes here, but good fucking luck based on the attitudes of like inded individuals like yourself. We already pissed off Lucas from building his museum here, why would this be any different?

Rahm is a garbage person who thinks that destroying the Chicago educational system and forcing parents to shove their kids into for-profit charter and private schools so he can help his construction buddies build more hotels nobody wants (or can afford) to stay in is the right way to go, and it's his wheeler-dealer "gotta make the most money possible for myself and my buddies" bullshit that scared Lucas away, not anyone else's. If Amazon ever starts to nibble, you can be sure that Rahm will fuck it up somehow in an attempt to get his. I'm sickened by the thought that I ever voted for him.

Really, Illinois' largest problem is simply the dichotomy between the metro area and the suburbs. The divide is too wide, and the population differences are too stark, and as a result the state can't be represented properly. Whoever's in control is either going to favor Chicago or the suburbs, but never both.

All said, though, we're off-topic. We're arguing about Illinois politics in a thread about Chance, so we should probably step back.

Djkhaled

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chance just joined kanye in my artists I'll never listen to again pile. Sell their souls once they get rich. It's a shame, I used to stan both of them.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Who was that woman that told Lebron to shut up about politics and play ball?

Think we'll see her speak about Kanye and Chance?

Retromelon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would be nice for Kanye to explain what resonates with him about trump's politics instead of just like feeling his energy and admiring a brash rich guy in power that says and does what the fuck he wants. Ranting about I'm on my trump shit is meaningless

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Chance has been fucking up for a while but people didn't see it. He's been planting for a damn great while.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
It would be nice for Kanye to explain what resonates with him about trump's politics instead of just like feeling his energy and admiring a brash rich guy in power that says and does what the fuck he wants. Ranting about I'm on my trump shit is meaningless

Lol what the fuck can Trump resonate with that's good?

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Sheesh.

The one thing that has always been a weakness for democrats is that a lot of Black people are conservative.

They also are also pragmatists.

If white conservatives actually stopped caring so much about race that would easily split up a lot of Black and Hispanic voters. And I think they would sweep almost everyone from continental Asia.

Republican leadership knows this and would even be open to it but they've done the math and I guess they figured they'd get more by pandering to bigots. Not sure how sustainable that is given demographic trends...

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

I really doubt there's anything about Trump's politics that resonates with Kanye. What resonates with him is that Trump acknowledged him. Or at least Kanye feels he did. When Ebro spoke about his conversation with Kanye one of the most telling things was that he said that Kanye told him that Trump gave him a meeting when Obama never would. Obama hurt his ego while Trump stroked it.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
ah. I must be tired.

I agree Chance is not endorsing Trump

It doesn't really matter. it's in response to Kanye going full MAGA. And this is a 2-party country, people need to stop with the bullshit. It's either Trump's Republicans or it's Democrats, so what exactly does he believe in?

He was all about getting people to register to vote to stop Republicans in 2016, so my question is what's actually changed, outside of playing defense for his idiot friend?

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really doubt there's anything about Trump's politics that resonates with Kanye. What resonates with him is that Trump acknowledged him. Or at least Kanye feels he did. When Ebro spoke about his conversation with Kanye one of the most telling things was that he said that Kanye told him that Trump gave him a meeting when Obama never would. Obama hurt his ego while Trump stroked it.
Yet K.Dot got a chance to meet Obama

Coincidence?

Cap G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Glad to know that democrats can continue to take the black vote for granted when the mere suggestion of considering otherwise is considered controversial.

If he posted MAGA that'd be one thing, but he is right that black people do not have to support the democratic party. To believe otherwise gives the party a free ride to largely ignore black issues because they are the only option.

Oct 27, 2017
Yea, I'm not seeing this as nearly as bad as Kanye.

This isn't even on the level of Common talking about "black people need to love whites to end racism" which got a collective "sit the fuck down, Common" response from the black community.

The tragedy of this Chance comment is the timing. In isolation, he's completely right, but within the context of Kanye's fuckery, it looks like he's "defending his homie" or some shit. I feel like, just like JCole, and Jaden, this is another subtweet that is more about the conversation around this Kanye incident, and not a direct response to him, since people seem pretty afraid of confronting him.

Virtua

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lol

The reactions to this have been hilarious. If you see it as good and the evil side of politics, you're the problem.

Deleted member 10908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol

The reactions to this have been hilarious. If you see it as good and the evil side of politics, you're the problem.
Shhhh, dont you know that if you dont see everything in black and white you are part of the problem?

Joking aside, the tweet is targeted against the DNC and is not pro GOP / Trump

SuperBlank

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Like usual I've no idea what Kanye is on about, nor do I really care.

But I agree with Chance. People can be whatever they want to be.

Oct 30, 2017
Lol

Take it from someone who has voted for candidates in both parties over the years, the open bigotry that I'm seeing in the GOP right now is unlike anything I've seen in the time I've been alive. I'm a pretty flexible guy on most policies but racism and sexism and other stuff like this is unacceptable to me. The only debate is from people who want to pretend like it's not there and people who call it as they see it, but it's there. It has parallels to what's going on in the UK with antisemitism and the Labour party.

Credit to Mia Love and Tim Scott for sticking around but I'd be out of there so fast.