• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
Being a pc gamer that also owns a launch Xbox One X I have been flipping back and forth on picking up an X. After seeing the comparison videos for Halo 5 (which I am yet to play through) and the promises of better performance overall I am on board with picking up a console. As much as I hate Gamestop I want to get the $100 for my Xbox One trade in towards the X. The problem is online preorders that can be picked up in store are no longer available. What are the chances I could walk into Gamestop on Tuesday which my Xbox in hand to trade in and there be an X available to purchase?

Radishhead

Oct 30, 2017
Obviously it's impossible to say for sure, but I'd say it would be possible to find an Xbox One X if you really looked around for one. It wouldn't be easy, though. Finding a Scorpio Day 1 edition will be impossible.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
Look for high volume Target stores in your area.
They usually get bigger directed higher stocks of items than the ones who have less foot traffic.
For example several target stores in my area
received 200-300 SNES on launch while lowe volume stores didnt receive any at all.

edit: whoops didnt read u wantsd gamestop
Id do the same thing but for gamestop.
Stores with more acfivity usually receive higher quantiities

Oct 30, 2017
Obviously it's impossible to say for sure, but I'd say it would be possible to find an Xbox One X if you really looked around for one. It wouldn't be easy, though. Finding a Scorpio Day 1 edition will be impossible.

The gamestop store I frequent is getting 3 extra Scorpio editions. No idea if they're actually extra or just cancelled orders though.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Pretty sure that won't be a problem. They are still readily available online at various retailers.

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is a $500+tax machine. I doubt it'll be that difficult if you promptly go launch day. Wouldn't hold my breath for the Scorpio though. Last year I feared they would sell out of PS4 Pros and there were literally stacks of them in Best Buy.

OP
OP
hlhbk

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
If I were to drive to gamestop today and trade in my system would preorders still be available? What is the difference in the scorpio edition?

RockRueda

Oct 31, 2017
On launch day I think chances are on the Slim side. But give it a couple of weeks and there shouldn't be a problem.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
The Gamestops in my area, Orlando, have told me that the preorders have been gone for weeks and they didn't know yet how many extras they would have as of yesterday because they still didn't get their delivery. The store that gave me specifics said that they had 40 preorders before they were cut off. I'm lining up after work at 6pm but I'm not confident at all I can get one.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will be shocked if people have a hard time to finding a XB1X on release day.

OP
OP
hlhbk

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
Am I correct that I have to trade in my xbox towards a preorder to get the full $100? I could preorder an X from amazon right now still.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they'll be too hard to find. Matter of fact, I think the SNES will be the only real hard to find system this holiday. Even the Switch should be pretty easy to come by. Wal-Marts near me still have Splatoon 2 bundles and all the Targets in my area have like a dozen units between neon, black, and mario red.

Wake up early and you should find one.

CSX

Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/CSX142857
Saw a few tweets saying that preorders are still available last night. Personally I'm waiting out a bit. With the Pro, there were online retailers that already sold it at a $40-50 discount on launch week and more importantly, free shipping + no tax. Hoping for similar scenario with the X

Viavi

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it'll be an issue. There's plenty of online availability and lots of stores are still doing pre-orders at this moment.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You shouldn't have a problem overall. This is a highly priced mid-gen refresh.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you're willing to stay up late, just go to Target's website around 3:00am when they add hardware to their systems and choose a store to pick one up at. It's a 500 dollar console being sold at a time of the year when people want deals. This will not be hard to find.

Gizmo

Oct 27, 2017
San Diego
I think you will have a slim chance of getting one launch day. However, after Black Friday, I think you will be able to find them all over the place.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
From what I understand from Microsoft's comments so far, online preorders aren't indicative of retail availability come the 7th.

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
At my Gamestop, the amount of preorders they got was their stock. No extras from them though that might be because they're a smaller store. The bigger ones might have them more readily available though.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a $500+tax machine. I doubt it'll be that difficult if you promptly go launch day.

You shouldn't have a problem overall. This is a highly priced mid-gen refresh.

Basically this. I'm not expecting demand to be high enough based on the type of people this targets. A premium product like this isn't gonna make the Xbox One explode in sales, so you won't have any trouble finding one at launch unless MS wildly undersupplies the thing.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Depends, where you live I guess?

You could walk into any store here and pick up a Switch on launch day and beyond here in Europe.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You better be fast...for example,on launch day,the Best Buy's in the Province of Quebec will have 500 for all their stores,which isnt that much per store...not sure in the U.S. though...

Can you provide context on other console launch allocations?
Ps4 Pro, Switch, original Xbox or Ps4?

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's going to be readily available, a $500 console isn't going to fly off the shelves

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Called around to the Gamestops again and they still couldn't say exactly how many extras they will have. Couple estimated 5ish but they weren't sure because they expected another shipment tomorrow. They will start ringing people out at 6pm so they said you get there no later than 5:30. So at least you can go home until they release them at midnight.

OP
OP
hlhbk

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if I have to purchase an xbox one x to get the trade in value at gamestop for my Xbox One?

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of online retailers here in UK are showing as sold out, but the status seems to change as supply is replenished. I'm pretty sure stores will have an allocation of stock ready for in store purchase.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
I think the chance would be pretty good.

Doubt its gonna be nowhere one on the shelf.

Its not a launch of entirely new console like the switch after all.

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I am pretty sure you will be able to get one easily

OP
OP
hlhbk

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
FYI Just called my local gamestop and they said preorders are done, and they plan on only having 3 extras. You do have to trade in your Xbox One towards a purchase of an X to get the increased trade in for it. Ugh. Now I am debating on ordering through Amazon.