• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

Changelog v.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holygriever

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I dunno if this is the best place to ask, but there is a post from a thread that shows up purple in my screen. I'm on Mobile. Why's that?

eot

Oct 26, 2017
There are some usernames that are long enough to create a line break in the thread listing. I think they should be cut off or something, because the unequal spacing looks a bit funky.

Vesves

Oct 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Everything looks really great. Some of these features I never knew I needed, but I love them. Hiding images/avatars was huge for me as a corporate peon.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to see some increase in size of the icons / tap zones for Mobile for things like quote, reply on posts and the quick to-bottom/top buttons on the page.

They're absolutely tiny and hard to hit correctly currently (iOS, iPhone 7).

klauskpm

Oct 26, 2017
I'd love to see some increase in size of the icons / tap zones for Mobile for things like quote, reply on posts and the quick to-bottom/top buttons on the page.

They're absolutely tiny and hard to hit correctly currently (iOS, iPhone 7).
This please.

I saw that you are improving paddings and sizes as times goes, but, it would be good that clickable things are at least 48x48dp (1:1 pixels in a normal density device)

Bankoiia

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Awesome updates all around! This place is just like that pair of good shoes that you just gets comfier the longer you wear them. Not the best analogy, but hey!

neoism

Oct 27, 2017
holy shit lol when puttting someone on ignore it makes the whole post disappear even when someone qoutes them..

goat fourm is goat LOL

Tathanen

Oct 25, 2017
Once you hit the mobile breakpoint and the avatars go above the posts, the post number should be getting absolutely positioned to the right of that area, pulled out of the post body area. As-is, it's just eating up a blank line when vertical space is at a premium.

Same deal on the forum index, the reply count is just a number floating in its own line, gotta get that pulled up somehow.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
the links to all the subforums on the top is great, but will it be possible to put them at the bottom too? I'm too used to it :p

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
I think maybe the purple post highlight would be better used for highlighting your own posts rather than the first unread. We're already having our quotes highlighted in purple, so it would make sense to do the same for our own posts. It would also be nice to see threads you created highlighted in purple on the threads lists. You know, like a certain other forum did? ;)

I like the idea of denoting a first unread post as well, however. Maybe just highlight it in some different way.

Really like the purple highlighted post, as well as the seperation of Sticky and Normal threads.
Only thing really missing now is the width of threads and posts. At GAF, things are a lot wider and smaller. This leads to a much more minimalist kind of exterior.
I dont know if that can be implemented?

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a way to set a default Resetera icon for people that don't choose one? The default question mark looks like an error message for "image not found". Figured we could class it up with the site's logo.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Msk / SPb, Russia
holy shit lol when puttting someone on ignore it makes the whole post disappear even when someone qoutes them..

goat fourm is goat LOL
Even more - if someone edit his post after you've quoted it the edits seem to appear in the quote as well. XenForo /edit test/ is a great engine, if a bit too busy on the layout but this is fixable.

Last edited:

eot

Oct 26, 2017
Even more - if someone edit his post after you've quoted it the edits seem to appear in the quote as well. XenForo is a great engine, if a bit too busy on the layout but this is fixable.
But that's bad though, you can't stop people from editing out hilarious shit from the OP, which inevitably happens

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Getting along well with everything so far, great work everone :)

Things I'd like to see (if I was being greedy):
- Dark theme.
- Highlight/colour own posts - a nice visual aid I found useful previously.

Oct 25, 2017
The new changes look awesome, the only thing I really want is for the main navigation bar to be at the bottom of the page as well rather than just being a "go to top button of page" button on the bar instead. So I can return to the parent forum in one click instead of 2.

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
- In Preferences - Option to turn off avatar/images. (Not yet embeds.)
Apologies if this has been addressed, but I am wondering if there is a way to separate these options? I'm fine with images loading in thread messages, but would like to turn off avatars on their own if possible. It's not a huge deal, though - just throwing it out there. :)

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Any eta on "mark forums read" on desktop? On mobile there is a option but on desktop (chrome) there isnt. :)

Mindman

Oct 27, 2017
In my opinion, having a 1 pixel border on the left and right sides of the layout would help the look a little bit.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will the dark theme work on mobile?

Anyway great chances! Mad props to the tech team, working so fast to add/change features/stuff and how they pulled it all off so fast to get the forum online and keep it online with the huge traffic.

Raptomex

Oct 25, 2017
I edited a post right after I posted and my post was in purple (I did not quote anything). I also was in another thread and saw that another member quoted somebody else and that, too, was in purple. Is this normal? I thought the color change only applied to posts that quoted you.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
I edited a post right after I posted and my post was in purple (I did not quote anything). I also was in another thread and saw that another member quoted somebody else and that, too, was in purple. Is this normal? I thought the color change only applied to posts that quoted you.
It just means that the post you edited was also the last unread post in that thread.

Last unread posts are highlighted in purple and so are quote boxes when someone has quoted you.

Personally I think it would be more consistent if your own posts, threads, and quotes were all highlighted in purple and last unread posts were denoted in some other fashion.

Raptomex

Oct 25, 2017
It just means that the post you edited was also the last unread post in that thread.

Last unread posts are highlighted in purple and so are quote boxes when someone has quoted you.

Personally I think it would be more consistent if your own posts, threads, and quotes were all highlighted in purple and last unread posts were denoted in some other fashion.
Ah, okay. Thanks.

Surfinn

Oct 25, 2017
USA

This. I would love this change!

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I agree i.e. purple highlight, should be for your own posts / threads.

Last unread post in light blue maybe?

As far as other suggestions, I think the top and bottom of each post needs a bit more padding (~10px?), right now the avatars all look too close to eachother.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Quick question:

I noticed that avatars are no longer being cropped into squares. Does anyone know what image size works best now? I want to re-upload my avatar so that it won't be compressed in the way that it is now. I uploaded mine before the change at 400x400 (twice the size mentioned in the Upload dialog box), but it's losing some clarity after being resized in my posts. It looks clearer/sharper on my actual profile page.

OP
OP
Sirpopopop

Sirpopopop

_ _ _ w _ _ _
Oct 23, 2017
Apologies if this has been addressed, but I am wondering if there is a way to separate these options? I'm fine with images loading in thread messages, but would like to turn off avatars on their own if possible. It's not a huge deal, though - just throwing it out there. :)
Future update.

Kiru

Oct 25, 2017
Quick question:

I noticed that avatars are no longer being cropped into squares. Does anyone know what image size works best now? I want to re-upload my avatar so that it won't be compressed in the way that it is now. I uploaded mine before the change at 400x400 (twice the size mentioned in the Upload dialog box), but it's losing some clarity after being resized in my posts. It looks clearer/sharper on my actual profile page.
I think 166x200 (and below 50 kb) maximizes both the best. Check mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.