Changelog v.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I just realized something: what if I want to unwatch a thread and also don't want to keep getting notifications for that thread when someone quotes me?

Oct 25, 2017
I swear I saw a bunch of sites in the supported media embed list like DailyMotion and Streamable yesterday, but they're not there now. What happened? :(

Ferny

FutureERA
Oct 23, 2017
I swear I saw a bunch of sites in the supported media embed list like DailyMotion and Streamable yesterday, but they're not there now. What happened? :(
It was enabled very briefly while we were working on some Twitter implementation. Unfortunately, they will not be back anytime soon. Just YT and Twitter for now.

Can you make it possible to turn off embedded tweets? They don’t load in my phone...
It's kind of an all or nothing type of thing right now in terms of the embedding. Because the mobile version uses the regular version of the theme - just scaled - there isn't much in terms of enabling certain things for one over the other.

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I just realized something: what if I want to unwatch a thread and also don't want to keep getting notifications for that thread when someone quotes me?
You can unwatch a thread (either delete it from your watched threads, or unwatch from the thread itself) but quote notifications are globally enabled I think.

Oct 25, 2017
snesmusic.org
It's kind of an all or nothing type of thing right now in terms of the embedding. Because the mobile version uses the regular version of the theme - just scaled - there isn't much in terms of enabling certain things for one over the other.
I'd suggest you to look into a solution that imports the tweets so not external data needs to be loaded for them and the tweets don't get lost once removed on twitter (the main reason why tweets were previously commonly included as screenshots instead just copied text with links).

Oct 25, 2017
First and foremost, this site, the updates, the transparency of changes, the moderation, the admins, etc. are all TOP NOTCH.

One suggestion: can anything be done about screen real estate on mobile (especially within each sub-forum)? The title of the first thread you can visit doesn't start until about 4/5 down the screen? I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S6 so it may just be me.

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible to see the thread when you're replying in the ''more options'' page? It was really useful in the other forum when you could see all the latest posts right before you reply. Also a link to go back to the same thread would be nice.

Oct 27, 2017
Great additions, keep em coming!

Not seeing the bottom bar with shortcuts on Safari desktop or mobile. As well as Chrome desktop or mobile.

(Only see Help, Home, RSS icon on the left, and Top on the right. None of the "Video games, Hangouts, etc." like the top one.)

Oct 25, 2017
You can turn off notifications when someone quotes you altogether, but I don't thing you can do it by thread.

Oct 27, 2017
Suggestion. Can we up the ammount of embedded media in one post? Now its limited to two embedded media. Where alot of times you have 3 or 4 media you want to embed. Now it just results in a double post. :)

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed I was mentioned in another post, but it didn't appear in my notifications. Was this disabled to avoid abuse?

Oct 25, 2017
Btw, is there a way not to have spoiler tags open up on a new line? It's breaks the flow of posts if you have spoiler tags in the middle of your sentences :/ Would be better as the usual grey/black bar like on other places.

I noticed I was mentioned in another post, but it didn't appear in my notifications. Was this disabled to avoid abuse?
Maybe they didn't add an "@" to your name.

Oct 25, 2017
I recall seeing something maybe a mod or admin post(?) indicating that a mobile update was on the to-do list. I can’t seem to find it in the latest community update thread, does anyone else recall seeing that? Or am I imagining things?

Oct 25, 2017
France
Btw, is there a way not to have spoiler tags open up on a new line? It's breaks the flow of posts if you have spoiler tags in the middle of your sentences :/ Would be better as the usual grey/black bar like on other places.

Maybe they didn't add an "@" to your name.
I guess you could use the color transparent to type the spoiler but since it's not a black bar people might not notice they have to highlight something.

Status
Not open for further replies.