Changelog v.1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trekkie

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There should probably be a "new post/threads" option at the top of the forum so people will find it easier to jump into the latest topics with the most recent activity

dmaul1114

Self-Requested Ban
Oct 26, 2017
Wasn’t sure where to ask this...

Why are some posts (not mine or ones I was quoted in) in threads highlighted in color (whole post in a purple box in dark theme for instance)?

Edit: Per below, it’s highlighting the first unread post in a thread you go back to.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any sort of search function? I've been trying to figure out how to do it but I'm starting to realize it might not be there.
Dark theme looks amazing!

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
Also, i don't know if this came with this update but I just noticed that the "first unread post" is also highlighted - love this feature!

dmaul1114

Self-Requested Ban
Oct 26, 2017
Also, i don't know if this came with this update but I just noticed that the "first unread post" is also highlighted - love this feature!
Ah. That must be what I was asking about a few posts up.

Yep, checked a few threads and that’s what I was seeing.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
-Added a Dark Theme. To select it either go to profile Page ---> Preferences. Alternately, scroll down all the way below the bottom breadcrumb and click on the style chooser by Help.
-Mirrored the Bread Crumb on the bottom.
-Self-post highlighting.
-OP in a thread gets a special tag to notify as such.
-New plugin that allows you to disable avatars, as well as images selectively. To do so: go into your account profile --> preferences --> NSFW Options --> select all the time --> then select what you want to hide.
-Post Numbers should appear in Mobile.
-Increased size of Screen.
-Miscellaneous Spacing Issues.

We still have more work to do on Mobile compatibility. We've got some great ideas on it, but it's going to take time to implement. Same with getting a refresh button in there that we feel will work best for our users. Next update is going to take a while, but please hang tight. It will be worth it.
When will loading the new posts via Ajax on mobile to lower data usage implemented? I think it's a crucial feature for mobile users like me.

Oct 26, 2017
Changes look great.

I still think GAF looks better when you are just looking at the forum list of topics. The way ResetEra bunhces everything together (topic title, username, time of original post, page numbers) looks so busy and just an overload of info and the readability goes down. GAF spaced things out better.

Nov 1, 2017
Just got approved (thanks for that!) but have lurked for a little while now. Just wanted to say that the dark theme is fantastic - even though I don't usually use a darker theme for forums, for some reason I didn't love using the standard Reset Era theme

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Dark theme looks great, thanks for all the effort you put into this.

I was a 'light theme on desktop and dark theme on mobile' user myself. It doesn't differentiate any more. First world problems, I know...

Wait, I see animated avatars? Did I miss something?
Some users realized that animated avatars work and it started a wave animated avatars being used. A thread was made to find out what the community wants and in the end animated avatars were prohibited. You can still upload them but when a mod sees one the user usually is told to use a static avatar.

Oct 27, 2017
First unread post in a thread for you is highlighted in purple.
Your own posts are highlighted in a less purpulish purple now.
But sadly it isn’t the case for all my posts.

Still thank you for the quick answer

Edit
You are right it’s working. Thanks

Riviakn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Theme looks Beautiful!
Saw the DarkERA Theme announcement on Twitter but couldn't check it myself until now.
Thanks Everyone, you are doing God's work.

Status
Not open for further replies.