Changelog v.1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Great updates. I never understood the big fuss over dark themes....and then I just tried it. Awesome!

I will continue to champion for these changes on mobile but ya'll are doing a great job. Just completely anal suggestions of mine. I know most of these will be familiar with what we had on the other site but I feel it really does make usability better and just removes a bit of clunkyness.

- Getting rid of the quick reply box and just having the post reply button and being taken to a seperate page. (This could be optional maybe for users who prefer either or)

- This bread crumb thing seems like it can be done in a better way than the current icons. Text may look better than the icons? Gaming | Off Topic. Also the off topic icon I am not sure how it symbolizes off topic lol.

- The thread page having the name of threads be a darker color when you haven't viewed it. I really miss this one.

Oct 28, 2017
Threads you visited need to be highlighted. Or some type of way to let you know you've read that thread. It's confusing finding the thread you just browsed.

Just saw that the dot besides threads disappears afterwards. Ok didn't notice that and thats the problem.

Last edited:

seiki

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 27, 2017
I have an issue, don't know if official Dark Theme is causing this but now (on mobile) my alerts are right next to my profile avatar so I cant click on alerts directly without bringing up the profile options up. It might be my fault though, don't know

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Am I the only one that (on mobile) taps the icon next to the forum category and wait a few seconds before realizing "oh, I'm supposed to tap on the text title"? The big purple icon to the left of "Announcements", "Video games" and "EtcetEra" really looks like a button. My brain steers my finger towards that instead of the fiddly title.

Oct 25, 2017
Your Mom
the OP tag is definitely too prominent, it's oddly distracting for me every time it shows up. It's a good idea, but something smaller and more subtle would probably be preferable

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
After a day of trying it out, my biggest complaint about the dark theme is the lack of clear indicator that a thread it updated in the watched thread list. There's only the dot, but it's not bright enough to see at a glance. I think it would help if the titles of the updated threads are white instead of grey(ed out). Like this:

I also want to repeat my question for a 24-hour option for the timestamps.

Oct 25, 2017
Realized today that the dark theme is apparently an account setting on this forum. At the old place it seems like it was a local cookie, meaning I could have light theme at work (blends in better) and dark theme at home simultaneously. Not here unless I manually change it every time.
I don't imagine that's going to change, though. :(

Proper in line spoiler formatting coming soon I hope.

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to view single posts? My bandwidth is super limited and some of the image heavy threads kinda destroy my internet.
Can't you just disable images under preferences? I think it turns all images into links. Unless I'm not understanding what you're wanting.

Oct 27, 2017
Great update. The addition of the bar on the bottom is all I wanted. No longer a chore to navigate, so I can definitely spend more time here.

Oct 25, 2017
-New plugin that allows you to disable avatars, as well as images selectively. To do so: go into your account profile --> preferences --> NSFW Options --> select all the time --> then select what you want to hide.
thanks for the Dark Theme!
any chance disabling avatars/images to only work on mobile?

Nov 6, 2017
Dark theme is way better on mobile than on the other site.

I love all the neat QOL features on this forum, but could you make the icons and buttons a bit bigger on mobile? It's almost like playing Xenoblade Chronicles X on the gamepad. Or I suppose... Like buttons for ants! :-P

anf

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco, USA
Updates are awesome. Two tiny nitpicks to add to the list:

• The thread list could be a bit bigger on mobile.
  • Is there an option to not go back to the latest read spot in a thread when opening it back?

Status
Not open for further replies.