Changelog v.1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
- This bread crumb thing seems like it can be done in a better way than the current icons. Text may look better than the icons? Gaming | Off Topic. Also the off topic icon I am not sure how it symbolizes off topic lol.
I agree with this one. I don't like the look of the icons although I get the concept of only showing the icons when displaying the site on mobile. I think plain text or a different styled layout might be better. That said, I think the up and down arrows without the 'Top' and 'Bottom' text as icons only might look cleaner overall even for the desktop layout. You could also possibly integrate the bottom navigation bar with the footer that contains the theme selection which is already there. The double purple bars at the bottom seems redundant.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it is a bit of an out there suggestion for a website, but is there any way the light/dark theme could be tied to our time settings and as such automatically turn on during the night? Say from 7pm-7am or something similar?

Oct 25, 2017
This probably isn't the right place to ask, but: does anyone have the guide for code related stuff, specifically how to put a [/strike] through post text?

Oh, hey look, I read a page back, nvm.

Oct 26, 2017
Oooh, theme switcher within the global footer, nice! Perfect for people like me who swap all the time depending on device. Thank you!

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
I think the text has gotten smaller.

I can increase the text size in chrome settings but it only changes some of the text.

It's a real strain on my eyes.

Oct 27, 2017
It's great to have a dark theme. A few issues / suggestions though:
  • When hovering over a link after this update, it's made bold. That reshuffles the text in the post, which looks bad.
  • The dark theme is a bit too low contrast in places. With alternating comment backgrounds, or when it highlights a post, text on the lighter colors could use a bit more contrast.
  • It really bothers me that there are at least three different purples being used for things like buttons and hovers. Colors could stand to be a bit brighter and more saturated for things like unread topic indicators. (which are still too small - especially on mobile)
  • On the list of topics, the topic name is dimmer than the additional post details. I still think a lot of those details are unnecessary and should be removed or at least moved out the way, but it's strange seeing the emphasis on those instead of the topic names.

Oct 25, 2017
On mobile.. in the top navigation bar with Forums, Profile, Message icons etc. Could we get a Watched Threads icon?

An 'eye' icon positioned in between the three line button and profile where there is empty space would be perfect for it imo.

Oct 25, 2017
So, asking again to see whether this is an issue on my end or not: is it normal that links are underlined and white, but purple if you hover over them, when using the Dark Theme? With the Light Theme they are purple and not underlined which looks better to me.

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
So, asking again to see whether this is an issue on my end or not: is it normal that links are underlined and white, but purple if you hover over them, when using the Dark Theme? With the Light Theme they are purple and not underlined which looks better to me.
Yep, white + underlined that changes to purple + bold + underlined when you hover. I don't really mind but purple by default in dark theme would be even better.

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, white + underlined that changes to purple + bold + underlined when you hover. I don't really mind but purple by default in dark theme would be even better.
Alright, so it's deliberate. Thanks. But yeah, would like only purple without the underline more too.

Oct 26, 2017
I like the dark theme but it sucks that it is missing the highlighting your own posts / quotes feature on mobile. Should have been implement immediately.

Bazinga

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Why is hide images options not working? Also please implement hide gifs funtionality. These gifs kills data way too fast for people on data caps.

Oct 25, 2017
I like the dark theme but it sucks that it is missing the highlighting your own posts / quotes feature on mobile. Should have been implement immediately.
Strange...even on mobile your posts should be highlighted. Are you only looking at your posts right after you post? Refresh and your post should be highlighted.

Why is hide images options not working? Also please implement hide gifs funtionality. These gifs kills data way too fast for people on data caps.
Have you selected by machine or all the time? If per device then make sure to name whatever device you are on. Gifs are disabled with the option to disable img bbcodes.

Oct 26, 2017
Strange...even on mobile your posts should be highlighted. Are you only looking at your posts right after you post? Refresh and your post should be highlighted.
Nope, unfortunately that doesn't help. Everything is just black. Light theme works perfectly fine.

phaeb

Alt Account
Oct 28, 2017
Is there a way to delete an account? On the old forums I feel like a lot of headaches would have been avoided if that was an option, instead we got ban requested threads which were still probably inevitable, but still!

Oct 25, 2017
UK
psnprofiles.com
Not sure if this is the right/best place to ask, but is there a way to view all your threads and see if any were bumped, or even the last reply time on them?

I know you can keep them in watched threads forever, but that makes that screen cluttered.

Is there a way to set up watched threads so it only shows them when they're bumped? It did this before the first update I think

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this is the right/best place to ask, but is there a way to view all your threads and see if any were bumped, or even the last reply time on them?

I know you can keep them in watched threads forever, but that makes that screen cluttered.

Is there a way to set up watched threads so it only shows them when they're bumped? It did this before the first update I think
Yeah, I remember there was an option to choose before one of the updates. You can remove the "/all" in the url of the watched threads. Just save it as a bookmark to get there quickly.

https://www.resetera.com/watched/threads/

Oct 25, 2017
UK
psnprofiles.com
Yeah, I remember there was an option to choose before one of the updates. You can remove the "/all" in the url of the watched threads. Just save it as a bookmark to get there quickly.

https://www.resetera.com/watched/threads/
Thanks, that will have to do for now, though it would be nice to have a toggle in options somewhere.

I follow a lot of threads that rarely get bumped, so I don't need to see them in watched threads if no one has bumped them lately, and the same goes for people who bump my old threads without quoting one of my posts, I have to keep it in watched forever if I want to see any updates

Oct 29, 2017
Ok this is a minor thing, but OCD takes it toll...
Would you kindly use capital E for the third e in Etcetera at the top/bottom quick access menu? Just like forums mainpage?

Status
Not open for further replies.