Changelog v.1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
It's great to have a dark theme. A few issues / suggestions though:
  • When hovering over a link after this update, it's made bold. That reshuffles the text in the post, which looks bad.
Is the extra space added before and after links intentional? It doesn't show the spaces in the preview.
These are the two things I currently have disabled via my personal user style. The padding around links is unnecessary and looks especially dumb when you have a link inside regular text. And the text shuffling on hover also looks bad - the bolding seems to be a dark theme exclusive "feature".

And just for convenience, this is what I have in my style to fix those issues:
Code:
    .ugc a:link {
        font-weight: normal;
        padding: 0;
    }

Oct 27, 2017
I've been using dark theme since available and it works really well for me. Not black but not too bright. Also my avatar blends really well with it. :P

Breadcrumb on bottom on mobile view is good too, but I'd like the option for it having text in mobile view, too. Sometimes icons are tiny.

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I notice I agree, this is important.
Could it be a partial solution to use a softer color for author/creation date? like this

Skyrim for the Nintendo Switch - Review Thread
JonnyDBrit, Today at 12:54 PM

(edited to show a text formatting more similar to the style on the forum )

Last edited:

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Since the spoiler tag is embedded under the + sign in the post menu and the hidden tag is in plain sight a lot of users are using the hidden tag to post spoilers which is super inconvenient.
Any way to move hidden to the + menu or pull spoilers out of it? I think people just don't realize it's there.

Oct 25, 2017
You know what would be nice? Having a icon for watched threads too in the breadcrumbs so you can access them quickly when you're at the bottom of the page. Could be an eye or glasses as an icon.

This has probably been answered already, but can you disable images on mobile only?
Yeah, add a "machine" called "phone" or whatever on your phone in the "Preferenes" menu and it saves the options for the different devices apparently. Haven't tried it out myself yet.

EDIT: Would be nice to be able to disable GIFs separately from images.

Oct 25, 2017
I like the author and time being below the thread title, but I wish there was more space between them (at least on dark theme, the text tends to blend together).

Oct 25, 2017
twitter.com
I mentioned this feedback in another thread, but I would really like it if I could see exactly when threads were posted. For older threads and posts we can currently only see the date, but not the exact time. Example: This exact thread was created on November 6, but I don't know what time.

Oct 25, 2017
France
I mentioned this feedback in another thread, but I would really like it if I could see exactly when threads were posted. For older threads and posts we can currently only see the date, but not the exact time. Example: This exact thread was created on November 6, but I don't know what time.
You can see the time if you hover over the date.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Why? Having more features seems like a good thing.
Xenforo 2 is different enough from Xenforo 1 that no styles or plugins from Xenforo 1 will work on Xenforo 2. Everything has to be made again completely from scratch. While styles themselves aren’t a big deal...plugins will are rather handy will have to be remade for Xenforo 2. Not quite sure of all the plugins era uses but I’m sure that a fair few haven’t been transferred over to Xenforo 2. Also, one has to be concerned about possible security flaws/bugs that exist.

Waiting for the product to mature a bit is the wisest course of action to take for era.

Oct 25, 2017
Posted in the wrong thread but hope it makes more sense here

Suggestion #1: Brighter-coloured Dot to indicate new/updated threads (use the brighter purple from the ERA logo)
- Reason: On the dark theme, the new threads do not stand out... it feels rather flat.

Suggestion #2: Put the dots on all threads (grey dots for read/old threads, coloured for updated threads)
- Reason: Better consistency?

Suggestion #3: Instead of the dot, could we use the ERA logo instead?

Suggestion #4: Can we shift the details on the thread starter to the right?
- Reason: Less clutter on the thread titles, make it easier to read on the main forum page.

Suggestion #5: Make the bread crumbs in line with the thread title
- Reason: Again, less clutter, easier to read the title without all the surrounding words and such.

Issue #1: Toast notifications cannot be seen on Dark Theme
- Details: The top notification (when you quote or complete your editing a post, a top overlay notification appears) and the bottom left notification (when you get alerts) cannot be seen on the Dark Theme. The white text is on a white translucent background.

PattonFiend

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You guys are doing a great job!! Mod team is really stepping up to take care of issues as well! Congrats everyone! Keep up the good work and thank you for all that you do!

Oct 27, 2017
There's something that's been bothering me for a while since I used the dark theme. The time stamps for posts are too bright, even brighter than the post text.

There're very distracting. Some of the few custom Stylish themes solve this but I prefer the official dark theme.

Sir Guts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wait. We could embed more than YouTube and Twitter? The button has always said you can only embed from those two sites.
Yeah we had a lot of stuff like embedding Streamable videos, Reddit threads and many more. I don’t know why it was removed though. Whenever I pressed the media button there was a lot of things you can embed, weird it appeared for you only twitter and youtube

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah we had a lot of stuff like embedding Streamable videos, Reddit threads and many more. I don’t know why it was removed though. Whenever I pressed the media button there was a lot of things you can embed, weird it appeared for you only twitter and youtube
That was probably a separate plugin that they decided to not pay for or whatever.

Fuu

Oct 27, 2017
The worst thing is that any posts that had embedded media (that aren’t twitter or youtube) now have a blank space instead, unless you go back and edit them.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna be nit picky, but anyway we could get a true dark variant on the dark theme?

Especially with the iPhone X now out there should be an even greater number of OLED users. So a true dark theme would be greatly appreciated with the black values being rgb(0,0,0).

Ferny

FutureERA
Oct 23, 2017
The only embeds we are supporting (and have from the beginning) at this time are Youtube and Twitter. The additional ones that were added were added accidentally when testing some things on the backend. There are no plans to add any further at this time.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
For a forum that's very media driven, denying the ability to embed from many different places seems like an ill-sighted move IMO.

Oct 25, 2017
Yea the embed thing is weird. It was there when the site launched, then vanished for a couple of weeks, then came back, then vanished again.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
A whole section of the site is dedicated to an entertainment industry, which usually leads to a lot of discussion centering around images and videos from around the web. And there are a lot more places those images and videos come from than YouTube and Twitter.

Ferny

FutureERA
Oct 23, 2017
A whole section of the site is dedicated to an entertainment industry, which usually leads to a lot of discussion centering around images and videos from around the web. And there are a lot more places those images and videos come from than YouTube and Twitter.
No one is arguing that. You can still put links to those places up so people can go to. You just can’t embed them is all.

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure where to put this but I just started getting an invalid security certificate message in Firefox this evening. Had to add an exception to even get into the site.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
No one is arguing that. You can still put links to those places up so people can go to. You just can’t embed them is all.
Embedding allows for easier sharing. If we can link it, why can’t we just go the extra step and embed it? Why disable it?

Status
Not open for further replies.