Changelog v.1.3

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Sirpopopop, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Pokemaniac

Pokemaniac Member

I made a quick and dirty script to do that for myself. I've been looking into possibly publishing that as a browser extension.

2. Lain

Lain Member

Since yesterday (when I noticed), embedded tweets on Era do not load at all for me.
    I'm using Chrome and apart from an update to it I installed a few minutes ago, nothing else changed on my end.
    I cleared my cookies too but embedded tweets still don't load.

3. ratrosaw

ratrosaw Administrator

Hi! We haven't detected any problem on our end. Do you have any extension that may block social embeds installed, such as uBlock, in your Chrome browser?

#tech

4. Lain

Lain Member

I have AdBlock installed (although era is white-listed). I disabled it to test but embedded tweets don't seem to load anyways. I also disabled every extension to try and see if maybe one of them was causing the issue but nothing changed.

Edit: looking some more, chrome had cookies enabled but 3rd party cookies blocked (I didn't change or touch the option beforehand so it feels somewhat weird). I added twitter to the whitelist for cookies and now embedded tweets load fine.

5. Tomte Arme

Tomte Arme Member

Same on Firefox needs 3party session cookies enabled for tweets to work

6. Iso

Iso Member

I've always had 3rd party cookies enabled in Chrome and embedded tweets used to work but don't any longer. Cleared cache and added twitter to cookie whitelist but it didn't resolve the issue. No issues if I open Era in Firefox.

Edit: Of course seconds after I post it all seems to start working again. >.>

7. ghostemoji

ghostemoji Member

This may have been brought up in the past, but are there plans to address some of the issues with the "see more" style functionality of the quote system? If someone has quoted a tweet or an image that also includes an embedded link, it just opens a new window instead of expanding the comment when you try to do so. This is really frustrating. I'd like to be able to turn it off entirely if possible, but just being able to expressly expand the quote without activating the objects inside of it immediately would be a good start.

8. Accoun

Accoun Member

Had the same Twitter problem with uBlock Origin on Pale Moon - I think even regerdless of whitelisting ERA. I assume it's because that's a problem with an external script that handles the embedding? I've read Twitter changed something recently, although the extension creator supposedly fixed it. Or maybe it's one of the filters messing up after update?

Code:
    @@||platform.twitter.com/widgets/*$subdocument,domain=cdn.rawgit.com
    Seems to do the job for me.

9. Wowfunhappy

Wowfunhappy Member

Hey, if we're going to auto italicize quotes, could we please unitalicized text that was italics in the original post? Like books do.

Right now, I feel like information is getting lost. Whether or not a word is in italics can change the meaning of a post.

10. jett

jett Community Resettler Member

I'm not sure how possible this is, but on the previous forum someone made an extension that changed all the imgur gifs (and from other websites too) into their mp4/gifv versions seamlessly, thus saving a lot of bandwidth. I'm not of much help here, but I think it's an option worth looking into (or for some other kind soul to develop a similar extension).

11. Ferny

Ferny FutureERA Administrator

They actually ported it over here. I don’t actually have the thread link handy, but I did see the post here with the extension.

12. So apparently part of the 2FA system on Era is that you authorize the device to be "trusted" for 30 days. This is good. However this means that if you have 2FA enabled, exactly every 30 days you are logged out of the device and have to log in again. I don't know if this is intended behavior or not.

13. Strangelove77

Strangelove77 Member

Does imgur work on here now?

And maybe I missed it, but how exactly does “ignore” work? If I block them can they still see my posts and reply to them? Will someone quoting them show up for me too?

14. DBT85

DBT85 Member

Streamable.

yaaaaaaayyyy

Thank you!!!!

Love from
    FootyERA

15. T-Rex.

T-Rex. Member

Hopefully it doesn't stop working after a day again >.>

Streamable is fantastic.

16. Ferny

Ferny FutureERA Administrator

This is intended, yes. You have to reauth every 30 days with 2FA.

17. Disclaimer

Disclaimer Member

I believe they can still see everything of yours, but neither their posts nor their posts in others' quotations will be visible to you, and you also won't get notifications from their activity.

18. Tathanen

Tathanen Member

I still can't expand the vast majority of images shrunk by quotes. For example:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/wi...e-its-art-music-lots-of-screens-inside.15764/

None of the images in those quotes get larger when I click on them. I can click the "expand" link on the quote itself to show the full content of the quote, but none of the images enlarge in size when I click on them. It's a constant source of frustration, I regularly have to open shrunk images in new tabs to view them full size.

Extremely rarely, though, I will find an image that does zoom correctly when I click on it. But I can't find a pattern.

Chrome in Windows 10 here, 4K display with 200% scaling.

19. Hedon

Hedon Member

Thank you!

20. Katsubento

Katsubento Member

Embeded Tweets for me have never loaded except once. Chrome and Firefox(new) on Win 7, and Safari and Chrome on Mac either. NO ad blocking or anything. It's very weird since everything else will show.

21. signal

signal Member

Awesome, thanks for the additional embeds. Streamable is great.

22. Lain

Lain Member

You also won't see threads posted by them, unless that was changed when moderators were made impossible to ignore.

23. Looks like I'm not seeing embedded tweets anymore either. I used to be able to until just a few days ago I think. I wonder if Twitter is now blocking this function or if something else is wrong.

OK, thanks for letting me know!

24. Fuzzy

Fuzzy Member

Any chance of adding a "Preview" button so we don't have to click on "More Options..." before clicking on "Preview..." to check that our post is how we like it before posting?

25. MrOblong

MrOblong Member

I can also no longer see embedded tweets, this is in both desktop and mobile Chrome.

This is happening with no AdBlock. Whitelisting Twitter for 3rd party cookies didn't help either.

EDIT: This worked after all the above, clearing the cache and restarting the browser a couple of times. Not sure which individual action sorted the issue (assuming it stays okay).

26. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member

When you ignore a user, the color scheme still stays the same. Meaning you see to of the same color posts back to back. Hinting at something. Any way to make that change?

Well there's a way to make that change, I mean what does everyone think about that?

27. ratrosaw

ratrosaw Administrator

That's weird :( Could you view this page without a problem? Thanks!

28. jett

jett Community Resettler Member

Why are URLs shifted to the right side slightly?

Like this
    Not like this

It also affect images that are linked to something else.

Oh that's great.

29. Unseen

Unseen Member

I too received the Cloudflare captcha out of the blue. It's a one click captcha to "prove you're a human and gives you temporary access to the web property". To prevent the captcha in the future, it tells you or the network administrator to scan for malware infected devices. "Another way to prevent getting this page in the future is to use Privacy Pass. Check out the browser extension in the Chrome Store." with a link to the extension. Bottom of the page shows a cloudflare id and ip.

I reset my network and the captcha didn't appear again. I guess this captcha is a legit security procedure? Basically advertising an browser extension is a bit odd though.

30. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Member

Will there be an option to preload all pictures on a page? I have a "slow" connection so I always open tabs in the background to preload. Now all I see are big spaces and it takes some time to even show if there is something loading :/

31. pa22word

pa22word Member

Wall of shame gone for anyone else?

32. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member

Just remember it's always me.

33. i-Lo

i-Lo Member

Will we see a return of the "Top posters" function?

34. ratrosaw

ratrosaw Administrator

Hi! We used Cloudflare to protect the site from a variety of attacks. It is legit and in general trustworthy but as a third-party service we have limited control over what they decide to show when one of their protective measures activates :( Feel free to disregard the browser extension, the site should work just fine with or without it.

35. alr1ght

alr1ght Member

Is it possible for click to load picture, instead of the way it is now where it just kills the IMG tags, leaving only the URL? Mostly talking about mobile.

36. ratrosaw

ratrosaw Administrator

Hi! Currently the images are loaded only when they are needed ("lazy loading"). It is implemented to deliver the page faster to visitors and help with some of the front-end tasks. We are aware that some members may prefer loading the resources all together, however at this moment there might be some technical difficulties to implement an option for that :(.

37. FTF

FTF Member

Yeah I saw it yesterday but it’s gone today :/

Wondering this too. Kind of liked it.

38. ratrosaw

ratrosaw Administrator

We detected some technical issues with the top poster feature recently and had to disable it until we have a solution for it :(

39. FTF

FTF Member

Ah ok, thanks.

40. i-Lo

i-Lo Member

Understood. The site has been quite sluggish recently and I guessed scaling back on certain features was an ad hoc measure to counter it.

41. i-Lo

i-Lo Member

By the way, will the Preference options will be functional? The options to hide avatars, images and signatures have no effect at the moment.

42. Pokemaniac

Pokemaniac Member

I noticed the "Top Posters" link seems to have disappeared. Was that intentional?

43. PtM

PtM Member

Works for me. You either need to specify a name for your current device or set the options to "always".
    Look above.

44. Pokemaniac

Pokemaniac Member

Wow, no idea how I managed to completely skim over that. Never mind, then.

45. i-Lo

i-Lo Member

Wow! I missed that segment! Thank you mate.

46. MrOblong

MrOblong Member

That page works for me A) with third party cookies enabled, or B) with third party cookies blocked but twitter.com and platform.twitter.com whitelisted.

Having done some more A-B testing, I assume I made some kind of mistake when manually whitelisting earlier.

47. Dream

Dream Member

Unfortunately, this is a known issue due to members having different PPP. Xenforo wasn't built around that function and as such I don't think that there is a solution though it could be looked into given time.

48. I thought that might be it, thanks anyway!

49. Sir Guts

Sir Guts Member

Cant access threads from mobile. Everytime I click a thread I get a blank page