Changelog v.1.3

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Sirpopopop, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Crushed

Crushed Member

Something weird is going on where page contents won't change when I click on a link, I have to manually refresh. This is true for forums and threads. Otherwise, if I just click on the breadcrumb, I see a minute old page or thread and have to refresh to update it.

I'm on Firefox.

2. Likewise on my end (Firefox as well), deleted all my cookies related with Resetera but still screwed up.

3. 2Blackcats

2Blackcats Member

Can confirm something is screwy. Threads aren't updating without an extra hit of the refresh button.

Edit :Nevermind, maintenance.

4. Ryuhza

Ryuhza Member

Is the maintenance over? 'Cause I'm still getting what you all were talking about.

5. SolidSnakex

SolidSnakex Member

Clear your browsing data for the past hour or day and that should fix it.

6. Ryuhza

Ryuhza Member

Thanks, that seems to have done the trick. :)

7. Coolwhip

Coolwhip Member

Not sure if this is useful, but I liked how gaf looked a lot more. The dark theme with the black and purple looks very ugly on my ipad. Not sure why. Maybe gaf was more subtle in dark mode? And it seemed to be more minimalistic.

8. Melhisedek

Melhisedek Member

Is there a way to "mark forum as read"? Love that on the other forums

9. Tunesmith

Tunesmith Member

Button next to "Watched Threads" in the top menu bar.

10. Melhisedek

Melhisedek Member

Thanks a lot mate, I was expecting a button. Now all is perfect :)

11. chidrock

chidrock Member

Nevermind - I think my issue with watching embedded YouTube videos has something to do with my cellular connection. It works fine when I’m at home on WiFi...

12. BraXzy

BraXzy Member

Is development on the theme of the site done with or is it still being tweaked? Not been keeping track since the first few big changes happened.

13. Selina

Selina Lady of Dragonstone Administrator

Still being worked on.

14. Any chance we can get Vimeo added to the list of embeddable media in the media tag?

15. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member

Why does the site render in a serif font first before re-rendering in a non serif?

Why not set the non serif as default?

16. I see we have an option to hide images, but it turns it into a link. Is there any way to have them hide, both media and images, but have it act like the spoiler tag?

17. Pokemaniac

Pokemaniac Member

Probably because it downloads the proper font while the page is loading. Web fonts are janky like that unless you pre-load them.

18. lupianwolf

lupianwolf Member

Can we have the ability to save threads?. I want to be able to check certain threads, but not get alerted whenever someone comments. It’s annoying trying to search for them.

Also the threads I’m talking about are the Microsoft and Sony developments which I like reading. I don’t know if it’s the right place, but it seems like they should be put in the vault(with the ability to still comment).

19. Fuzzy

Fuzzy Member

Watch the thread and change your alert preferences to whatever you want. For example, I only get alerted to my watched threads when someone quotes me or mentions me in a post. I also set it to automatically watch any thread I post in. If I'm sick of seeing a thread pop up on my watch list I unwatch it later.

20. Hasney

Hasney Member

21. Accoun

Accoun Member

It's probably old, but is there a reason why highlighting my posts/quotes of me is mobile-only? Can't find it as a setting either.

22. Fuzzy

Fuzzy Member

You sure you're not running a custom theme? I run a custom theme because I don't like the colour of the highlighting (or most of the purple on the site) but if I turn it off I see it.

23. Accoun

Accoun Member

I used to, but not anymore. Only see the first unread highlighted.

[​IMG]

[EDIT]
    Doesn't work on FF-based Basilisk Browser either (and that's a fresh install), but works on the Chromium-based Vivaldi and only that from browsers I have.

24. Deimos

Deimos Member

Any news on changing the Watched Threads link to go back to New Watched Threads instead of All Watched Threads?

25. Fuzzy

Fuzzy Member

No idea what to tell you, works perfectly here on FF 58.0.2 (pictured) and Chrome 64.0.3282.167(not pictured).

Custom theme on:
    [​IMG]

Custom theme off:
    [​IMG]

Normal theme looks horrible which is why I abandoned it long ago.

On another note, wish we could just click on a poster's name/avatar and pick "Mention" to mention them instead of having to start typing out their name.

26. E.T.

E.T. Member

I really wish the Next Page, Previous Page buttons were more friendly to mobile users. Neogaf had an excellent implementation. Page numbers are also so miniscule and requires too much precision on mobile. Other than that keep up the good work.

Oh PS. Images that are posted or quoted, completely mess up all of the proportions on the page when I click them to enlarge. Its frustrating.

27. GuitarGuruu

GuitarGuruu Member

Huh in Etcetera on mobile the pages seem to be reveresed. The older threads are being displayed first for me and the newer ones are on the very last page.

edit: now it's back to normal. Not sure what the issue was there.

28. PtM

PtM Member

There's a sorting toggle at the right of that bar above the first thread.

29. famikon

famikon Member

I don't see that option ^

30. Fuzzy

Fuzzy Member

It was later turned off.

31. Einchy

Einchy Member

When’s that 2.0 coming, doe

32. Selina

Selina Lady of Dragonstone Administrator

[​IMG]

33. Kanhir

Kanhir Member

Is there any way to search within a thread for posts by the OP (other than trawling through the OP's post history)?

34. alr1ght

alr1ght Member

[​IMG]

35. Number45

Number45 Member

It may have changed, but this wasn't possible on mobile in the past.

36. MRYEAH

MRYEAH Member

My content is empty and I'm not seeing any post go up

37. Hasney

Hasney Member

It always was in landscape mode. I still can't in portrait.

38. Madjoki

Madjoki Member

Posts seem to be in wrong order, new posts appers in middle of page and like that.

39. ElyrionX

ElyrionX Member

I’m not sure where to ask this but this seems like the most appropriate place.

Does browsing this forum consume A LOT of mobile data for everyone else? I think it has to do with embedded videos automatically preloading. Is there any way I can manage this?

40. sibarraz

sibarraz Member

I have trouble when I try to expand a quoted text, sometimes it cuts a lot of text that I can't read. And with embedeed videos is worse, since it will always cut them at half

41. Ferny

Ferny FutureERA Administrator

What do you mean by preloading? The videos stream as you watch them and they do not autoplay so those wouldn't impact you. It could be images and such?

42. Number45

Number45 Member

I wonder if they're mistaking GIF/WEBM for videos? Would make sense and I assume could be resolved by setting the preference to link images rather than display them directly.

43. Pokemaniac

Pokemaniac Member

Embedded videos typically don't preload (except maybe Twitch, those look like they might preload a bit). Images, including gifs, typically do, and, at least on Firefox, you can tell the browser not to load images on mobile data if you want.

Ads may also be contributing. I don't have any mobile measurements, since my data is unlimited, but I do at least know that RAM usage of ResetEra jumped a ton on my Desktop when ads were enabled.

44. ElyrionX

ElyrionX Member

Thanks guys. I’ve definitely seen Twitch videos preload before. But Twitch videos aren’t all that common here.

How big typically are webm files?

45. VitalNonsense

VitalNonsense Member

Is there a way to customize ignore behavior? The fact that it also removes quotes but leaves no trace whatsoever can make certain posts impossible to follow.
    Removing the entire original post without a trace is fine, however I think there should be some sort of "ignored quote" placeholder when someone quotes that post, something simple to at least clue me in that they're in reply to something. It can lead to misrepresentation and misunderstandings to have no idea that a post is being made in reply.

Examples:

No filters:

Current settings with the puppy hating user on ignore:

With a placeholder for ignored quotes:

46. Oldmario

Oldmario Member

is there any way to change it so clicking on your avatar at the top takes you to your profile page instead of profile settings?