Changelog v.1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure where to put this, but I'm starting to get advertisements that take over the whole page and redirect me to different sites (desktop version if that makes any difference). I just got one now that was made to look like some error screen, then started playing audio of some dude pretending my computer is at risk. I had one a couple days ago that also tried redirecting me to another site, but once it took me off resetera.com, my ad blocker turned back on and prevented it from going further. I didn't copy the URL, though, but if it happens again I'll do so if that would help.

Oct 25, 2017
Beaverton, OR
hydro: I changed the overflow from hidden to auto. That might be why that's now possible.

StarCreator: I don't have an answer to your question. Sorry.
It’s super annoying. The whole point of the scroll wheel is to remove excess movement, and with this enabled I constantly have to move my mouse because if it gets over a quote box the scroll stops. Please revert.

pa22word

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I uh, don't want to unnecessarily warn anyone because this might just totally be on my end but I was messing around with a few things and noticed my CPU usage on this site jumped from around an average of about 25-30% to about 3-8% when I had a browser add on that won't be named enabled.

Reason I'm asking is because I read that quite a few services are doing cryptomining via CPUs...not that I'm inherently blaming era or am I thinking it's era at all (might just be a bad ad), but worth posting I think.

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Sorry if I'm asking at the wrong place:

But has anyone else noticed that people randomly gets added to their Ignore list?

Doesn't happen super often (happened 2-3 times so far in like 4-5 months). Is it something I do without noticing it, or could it be some kind of bug? I never had to put anyone on my ignore list so far.

Oct 25, 2017
For the past few days I've had ads autoplay video and now I just had one that completely redirected to another webpage without touching it at all.
It linked me to
Code:
https://lehwfisdofiwe.info/4/?c5ab7f4679da5a0ftfn1d5ab7f4679da8f=(877)%20358-2230
Guess I got to use my ad blocker now. If you do fix these issues, please make an announcement.

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this was mentioned before but I was going mad for the last 2 days while using ERA on phone. If you use GBoard/SwiftKey with Chrome there's currently issue with having broken suggestions with no option to fix your words, only deleting them and rewriting them from start. It can also break your sentences while writing.

I found this post on Xenforo forums which references this issue. There s also a Chrome bug tracker link posted there.

Swiftkey should already have a fix in place. With GBoard I'm still experiencing this issue even on latest update so we'll just have to wait.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/latest-android-chrome-keyboard-suggestion-issues.142504/

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017
Hi babes, i just realized that the hide button has seemed to be disappearing lately. Why is it removed? The hide button while not many people do not use it, it's pretty useful itself.

1. We may exchange gametag id in public forum, the hide button can be used for that. Instead of via private message which is limited to two people, i can still use the hide button in public thread without being concerned by outsiders

2. Sometimes there is a riddle thread where you can play something like "guess the game", in that kind of thread i can give hint through hide button without revealing too much

Oct 25, 2017
London
has this been mentioned? I am sure it has but just making sure. Has anyone else seen that when you see a quote with an embedded video inside, they video box bleed out of the quote box covering someones reply?

I have noticed this on both chrome on my mac and on my mobile

Here is a screenshot as an example:

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Hi babes, i just realized that the hide button has seemed to be disappearing lately. Why is it removed? The hide button while not many people do not use it, it's pretty useful itself.

1. We may exchange gametag id in public forum, the hide button can be used for that. Instead of via private message which is limited to two people, i can still use the hide button in public thread without being concerned by outsiders

2. Sometimes there is a riddle thread where you can play something like "guess the game", in that kind of thread i can give hint through hide button without revealing too much
1. You can still type it out in that situation.

2. Use the spoiler button. Hide is dumb for things like that because you have to jump to the bottom of the screen to see it then back up to continue reading the thread.

It's should've been moved into the + menu but at least this is a start.
It's should've been moved into the + menu but at least this is a start.
See, which makes more sense in this case?

Oct 25, 2017
The prominent location of the hide button was leading people to think it was the spoiler button and causing it to be used as such more often than its intended use. It has been mentioned the optimal solution was to swap the spoiler and hide functions, but apparently this is technically difficult. Removal of the hide button entirely was apparently easier, and resolves the larger issue of its misuse, which was making intended spoiler tags prohibitively difficult to read.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
As an iPhone user with old eyes, I would sincerely hope there are plans to implement font size options in the user preference. It was a life (eye) saver on the old site. :)

Dec 8, 2017
Hello there, I'm not sure where I should report this but in the past couple weeks I've been getting pesky redirects activating unwanted premium crap and charging me 5€ each time while browsing resetera.

It's those moonlight mobile thieves, I don't know how they haven't been arrested since there are traces of their bullshits dating back to 2013 but there it is.

Please, do something asap.
I'm in Italy btw.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else having their browser jump to the top of the page when going back a page? It's a bit annoying because I lose my spot all the time.
This happens to me whenever I back out of a thread and as soon as I go to scroll down it pops all the way to the top of the page.

Oct 27, 2017
Second time getting a redirect to beta test for a iPhone X after filling out a questionnaire. I tried to copy the redirect url, but it was too long and chopped off the beginning. I have a screenshot but not sure how to host it off my cell.

This was from loading the front forum page.

Exceptionally annoying because I could not navigate past the popup that it generated.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands, Spain

People were using it thinking it was the spoiler button and it was incredibly frustrating

OP
OP
Sirpopopop

Sirpopopop

_ _ _ w _ _ _
Oct 23, 2017

You can still use hide.

Just need to use it manually rather than on the menu - [‘HIDE] Text Here [/HIDE’] (Remove the quotes.)

See this!

Oct 25, 2017
has this been mentioned? I am sure it has but just making sure. Has anyone else seen that when you see a quote with an embedded video inside, they video box bleed out of the quote box covering someones reply?

I have noticed this on both chrome on my mac and on my mobile

Here is a screenshot as an example:

Yeah same problem on my phone with Chrome. Really annoying.

Speaking of the quote feature the other issue I've always run into on mobile is that is almost in possible to expand quoted post that contains a tweet. It just ends up opening the tweet instead.

Oct 26, 2017
Hey, I'm also having some issues with expandable quotes. If there is a Twitter embed inside the quote I can't expand it, it always takes me to the Twitter post.
Using Chrome on Android.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, I've got a minor annoyance to complain about. When using the bottom field to reply to a thread, after clicking "Post Reply" the cursor stays in that field, preventing any keyboard browsing. It would be cool if the focus could get back to the thread so that the cursor keys, etc. move the page, not the cursor inside the now-done-with reply field.

[edit] actually it's weird. The focus seem to get back to the thread, and the first keyboard input works, but then the focus goes back to the reply field. So if you type a reply, click the button, then press page up, the page will go up then immediately scroll back down to place a cursor in the field again. Using Windows 10 and Firefox 59.0.2 (64bits) if that matters.

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any way to turn off GIF loading in mobile version of the site? [I quote liked that GAF supported that option].

God of War preview thread decimated my monthly mobile bandwidth. :-/

Oct 27, 2017
What am I doing wrong as far as Privacy Settings are concerned? I've disabled the option for showing my online status and my "current activity", but it's still...showing my current activity--I immediately visit my own profile and it shows in smaller font exactly what I'm up to on the forums (that I'm viewing my own member profile).

Oct 27, 2017
What am I doing wrong as far as Privacy Settings are concerned? I've disabled the option for showing my online status and my "current activity", but it's still...showing my current activity--I immediately visit my own profile and it shows in smaller font exactly what I'm up to on the forums (that I'm viewing my own member profile).
AFAIK only you can see it. I certainly can't. I think you can always see your own activity regardless of settings.

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone else seen that when you see a quote with an embedded video inside, they video box bleed out of the quote box covering someones reply?
Not only I have the same problem on Chrome on Android, but every time I touch the click to expand text it starts the video instead. There is something in the reply box code that doesn't work as it should, clearly.

Oct 25, 2017
steamcommunity.com
Twitter embeds have been broken on Firefox mobile all day. They worked fine before today.

Since they're such an issue for many users, is it possible to modify the embeds to also put a plain hyperlink to the tweet under the embeds?

Oct 25, 2017
Did something change with the Youtube embed function recently? Threads with lots of YT links (e.g. the "worst songs ever" thread) make Safari crash on my phone (iPhone 7/iOS 11.2). And even on the PC side, while the page loads, the embeds take a lot longer to load than they used to. And if they're quoted, my mouse wheel gets stuck scrolling down the quoted post instead of scrolling the page.
Yeah, I've been having this problem too.

Is there any way to turn of youtube embed? There's threads I can't even load on mobile, it's annoying.

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I've been noticing a problem recently where whenever a person quotes an embedded YouTube video, the video breaks out of the quote box into their text:

Happens in every thread. Running in Chrome, dark theme. Tried clearing cache, etc as well

less

Oct 25, 2017
I've been noticing a problem recently where whenever a person quotes an embedded YouTube video, the video breaks out of the quote box into their text:

Happens in every thread. Running in Chrome, dark theme. Tried clearing cache, etc as well
This is a known issue with Chrome on Xenforo forums. Apparently Chrome is changing how they will handle CSS a bit so I imagine that one of the recent versions altered something that is messing up the video embeds in quotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.