• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy moly! I'd say I'm "excited", but it's more like terrified. I'm sure this will be yet another crazy story that somehow has zero effect on Trump though.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
gonna double post from the entrapment thread:

I wonder if that's just them bragging or if they're stupid enough to actually go into full detail to some rando about it

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
RJEG38b.gif

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
Here we go.

Also, surely Facebook will have even more attention now not just from Mueller but also other agencies worldwide? Fuckers are complicit.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
I remember a piece on CA that aired on one of the MSNBC shows during the campaign, can't remember the name (the hosts were two intensely unlikable DC insider types), but I seem to remember someone from CA in that piece saying that they were winning the election.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
If this is proven true then it spells the beginning of the end for Trump's presidency. Congress will either fold in the face of the evidence or commit political suicide for the coming elections.

avaya

Oct 25, 2017
London
I hope the entire terrorist playbook is used on these cunts. Document and proof of beneficial ownership requests backed up by national security concerns - will get to the bottom of the shell companies and reveal all.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Knowing most data companies, they're likely full of shit. But that said, if they want to make that claim against the data leak that just came out, then sure. Let's do this. Fuck facebook.

hEist

Oct 26, 2017

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
They were talking about hiring prostitutes, bribing politicians, and creating fake identities in today's video.

Lord only knows what they said in tomorrow's.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Channel 4 does some pretty good investigative pieces. I'm curious to watch this tomorrow.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
They were talking about hiring prostitutes, bribing politicians, and creating fake identities in today's video.

Lord only knows what they said in tomorrow's.
What if....the peeing prostitutes were hired by CA to get blackmail on Trump :o

iapetus

Oct 26, 2017
Not that interested in their Trump links - Trump's done enough without them to take himself down. Their impact on Brexit, though - if that can be brought front and center we might have a chance to get out of that clusterfuck.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
What authorities?

Report: Cambridge Analytica trying to block exposé by U.K.'s Channel 4

Cambridge Analytica is trying to prevent London's Channel 4 News from airing an undercover report in which the firm's chief executive speaks frankly about its practices, according to the Financial Times. Channel 4 says their reporters posed as potential clients and spoke with senior members of Cambridge Analytica's team, including CEO Alexander Nix. The exposé is scheduled to air Monday evening on Channel 4

Carole Cadwalladr, a reporter for the Guardian, told CBSN on Saturday that Facebook and Cambridge Analytica threatened to sue the paper in a bid to prevent the publication of its exposé on the data. The Guardian story, based on interviews with whistleblower Chris Wylie, a former employee for the firm, was published online on Saturday.

"This continual pattern that we've seen with Facebook -- trying to shut the story down, finally when it has no choice, acknowledge it. They've just really got to do better," Cadwalladr said.

Oh.

SaviourMK2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CT
What does this mean in the long run? Will there be consequences for this?

I'm ultimately looking for consequences at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.