• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

I watched it when it was uploaded in the other thread. Overall hits all the good points, though in trying to keep to a consistent narrative (that Spoony was brought down by his own personality) it paints a couple things a bit weird. Most notably, it actually portrays his fanbase in a fairly positive light, when it was notorious (especially back in the day) for its toxicity.
Also the Lord Kat part is pointless because he didn't give enough context or information
This is somehow not surprising to me.

1jCiHHN.png
lol

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I watched it when it was uploaded in the other thread. Overall hits all the good points, though in trying to keep to a consistent narrative (that Spoony was brought down by his own personality) it paints a couple things a bit weird. Most notably, it actually portrays his fanbase in a fairly positive light, when it was notorious (especially back in the day) for its toxicity.
It's uncritical because the absolute shitheels who made up Noah Antwiler's fanbase back in the day are now the primary audience for videos like Down the Rabbit Hole.

Rmagnus

Oct 28, 2017
Outgrew NC but still addicted to Lindsey and the snob. Its sad to see so much shit under the screen.

LeroyOctopus

Oct 29, 2017
I only really follow Brad. It's nice to see he doesn't really seem to be brought up a lot in these docs. I've actually met him, and he always seemed like a good guy. He also has a lot more talent than many of the other producers on the site.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I only really follow Brad. It's nice to see he doesn't really seem to be brought up a lot in these docs. I've actually met him, and he always seemed like a good guy. He also has a lot more talent than many of the other producers on the site.
It seems like everyone's on pretty good terms with him.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If there are more videos of interest, please share them. I'm pretty fascinated by all this but I think a video with linked examples/commentary would be more engaging.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
That may be the most generic apology I've ever seen. It's like they asked Clippy to help them write it.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit that apology is atrocious. Slight bit of not giving a fuck. Another slight bit of victim blaming. Slight bit of this being half-assed 3am writing and shitting it out.

I thought classic "sorry you felt that way" line would be the worst thing they could say but they one-up a few sentences down with the "need constructive criticism" shit.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Why the hell is "I'm sorry for what I did" so hard to say? Every single time an asshole apologizes, it's the same non-apology bullshit.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
"our prior always had been to help content creators succeed and help them follow their dreams"

Which is why we fire a guy for being one day late, don't properly address concern, refuse to allow patreon until been forced to to address issues with adds, treat certain producers like shit .......

Oct 25, 2017
I briefly looked st the responses to that post on twitter and they all are negative or are asking "what happened" so now those not in the loop are going to find out because of this terrible statement. What a joke.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
I don't follow Channel Awesome, but I had to comment on that pile of shit they call an apology.

Also, bonus points for this line "We thank our content creators, team, and fans for truly making our Channel Awesome."
They really couldn't stop themselves from making a stupid joke could they?

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Just finished reading the doc

Wow, just...wow. Having it all laid out like that makes me appreciate just how much shit was going on behind the scenes, big and small.

Also read the fan posts. I remembered that drunken livestream and Spoony hanging up on that guy! I think someone broke their foot that night, can't remember who though.

Oct 25, 2017
lindsay za gawd. I used to avoid this channel like the plague because doug walker's general deal, the name "nostalgia critic" and the name "that guy with the glasses" gave me uncontrollable douchechills

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell is "I'm sorry for what I did" so hard to say? Every single time an asshole apologizes, it's the same non-apology bullshit.

I'm guessing it's a legal thing. Admitting culpability in any way is a kiss of death if anyone involved decides to push the issue into a court of law. Wouldn't be surprised if some lawyer wrote that.

And yes, I do think if that's the case then that makes them even more jerkish.

Arkle

Mar 26, 2018
Rialto, CA
I don't follow Channel Awesome, but I had to comment on that pile of shit they call an apology.

Also, bonus points for this line "We thank our content creators, team, and fans for truly making our Channel Awesome."
They really couldn't stop themselves from making a stupid joke could they?

That is a pun Andy Saltzman would've taken a hard pass on.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's...... a lot of drama. I really enjoy most of the Nostalgia Critic's output and can separate character from artist. I just hope this doesn't hinder his future work. It is a shame so much was mishandled behind the scenes. I've been a follower since that AVGN vs NC "fight" they staged like 11 years ago.

Oct 25, 2017
Even in the twitter replies, there's barely of the usual stupid "i'm just going to separate the art from the artist" nonsense. Edit: one in this thread though. lol.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Y'know, it's been most of the day and I still can't stop thinking about the whole immediately firing people for not posting enough videos in a single month after years of great work thing.

Just... why even do that?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Y'know, it's been most of the day and I still can't stop thinking about the whole immediately firing people for not posting enough videos in a single month after years of great work thing.

Just... why even do that?
one day late too and due to medical emergency with his wife

like ......why

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing how everything shitty on the internet ties back to GamerGate.

vAo234M.png

sRzXhk7.png

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just read a bit of the document, the Dr Gonzo section of the document makes me really mad.

I don't see this youtube "company" lasting much longer

Also I'm shocked Doug doesn't own the rights to NC. He honestly should

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've come to the conclusion that Doug really is just a more intelligible Tommy Wiseau.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't read the whole thing yet, but isn't the "separate the art from the artist" kind of weird here because the artist isn't even taking the bulk of the criticism, here? It's the owner.

it's the best way to say "I don't give a fuck about any of this actually" and boast about being proud of not giving a fuck about any of this