• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Raven - Blade:
wesley-snipes-blade-raven-tekken.jpg

Bryan Fury - Roy Batty
1497281819172.jpg

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
When Devil May Cry came out, i thought that Dante looked pretty similar to Xion from Bloody Roar 3.

953035-xion2.jpg

latest
See, me and my friends found out about Bloody Roar after DMC, so we thought Xion was a total ripoff of Dante.

Though I look at him now and from the waist up all I see is Ragna the Bloodedge with his hair down.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Not exact lookalikes, but Stocke's new look in the Radiant Historia remake reminds me of Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles:

radiant-historia-5-2-470x310@2x.jpg

And Reyn from Xenoblade Chronicles reminds me of Wakka from Final Fantasy X:

latest

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Derenden

Oct 30, 2017
I think they did the same with Dante and Leon. I saw a picture that illustrated it pretty well, but this is the best I could find at the moment.

dante_dmc4___leon_re6_by_dantefreak-d5finbw.jpg

I've always loved their similarity, considering that at some point Devil May Cry spawned from what was RE4 before it went to become the game that we know today

Leon from the beta -> Final RE4 Leon and DMC1 Dante
latest
si1Grl.jpg
latest

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
That Persona 4/Danganronpa one is still the most blatant one I've seen.

Samsquanchewans

User Permed at their request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
#NOTJAPAN
Saber - the design so nice they used it t̶w̶i̶c̶e approximately one billion times.

EDIT:

And yeah, at least 80% of these are clearly different characters, just in the same pose.
Its not that too, just like one of the comparison, comparing Sylens and Martin Hatch, and Norman Reedus from PT/Death Stranding. Like no shit they're gonna look like each other. When they are being played by the same goddamn person.

They completely miss the point of the OP.

RobbRivers

Jan 3, 2018
All the blue characters in the fire emblem series seem so similar to me that i never know who are they and what game do they belong too:

Ike, Chrom, etc.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Its not that too, just like one of the comparison, comparing Sylens and Martin Hatch, and Norman Reedus from PT/Death Stranding. Like no shit they're gonna look like each other. When they are being played by the same goddamn person.

They completely miss the point of the OP.

I think that most of those are obviously jocular in nature and thus any point-missing is firmly intentional.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Son of a...

I thought the first pic is also Dante from DmC, lol.

Mine is:

latest

Kazuma Kiryu of Yakuza series & Jordi Chin of Watch_Dogs.

Not exactly the same face, but.........

Concerning that Yakuza games already released even before the first Watch_Dogs game, I almost convinced that the developers probably inspired from Kiryu.

*SHRUG*

Yeah this was so uncanny. Chin is the only fun character in Watch Dogs too.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
So you're making some not good Anime game and you need a fresh character design. Do you.....

A. Make something original?
B. Just steal Aiden Pearce's design despite everyone hating it? Particularly his iconic cap.
AidenRender.png

Unfortunately, the developers of Dangan Ronpa picked option B. and now we have a fucking game with anime Aiden Pearce in it.
Danganronpa_V3_Shuichi_Saihara_Fullbody_Sprite_%28Hat%29_%281%29.png