• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Apollo Justice goes from being a boring protagonist in the worst game in the series, to being the best thing about AA6. It's a great ending for him if they decide to end his character arc there.

Xiyng

Oct 31, 2017
I don't think I've ever seen a bad character evolve into a good character. I've seen some good characters become even better characters (e.g. Nathan Drake, Revolver Ocelot, Big Boss), some good characters become bad characters (Yuna and Rikku from Final Fantasy X to X-2, and Raiden from MGS2 to the newer games), but never have I seen a bad character become a good character.

My remark about Raiden probably deserves an explanation. He wasn't a likeable character in MGS2 but he was definitely well written. In MGS4, he was poorly written, and his only redeeming factor was coolness. I haven't played Revengeance, but I imagine he's not a well-written character even in that game.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't dislike him, per se, but Resident Evil 4 Leon doesn't make sense as a character when we consider that at the end of RE3, he is shown about to swallow a (metaphorical) shit sandwich in exchange for his life. In RE: Damnation, RE6, and RE: Vendetta, he course corrects into a suicidal alcoholic sinking deeper and deeper into a morass of self-loathing, hatred for America, and general apathy. I like my character to make sense. RE4 Leon just doesn't make sense.

MidiPour

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
The characters in Banjo Kazooie were much more fleshed out in the sequel, as there was more of an emphasis on the dialogue and narrative points.

And the most obvious, Raiden.