• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
The alternative mode that rearranges the game to be a linear action game is a fun bonus to check out too. I thought that mechanically the game played really well, so I enjoyed getting to play a version of it that leaned all in on the strengths of Chasm without the things that didn't click with me as much.

Thanks, that actually sounds pretty good. I definitely feel like I'd enjoy this more had it been a more authored, linear progression as sometimes it just felt like stuff was scattered around with no real thought or structure. I was looking at the trophies but I don't think I've got it in me for two more playthroughs (once on Hard, once on Mortal - and no way could I combine the two!).

Anyway, I finished a couple of nights ago and I spent some time cleaning up trophies. Really enjoyed it overall, despite a few frustrations which TBH I could probably say about most games in the genre. Mechanically it's really tight and my main problems were with level structure which is probably 90% down to the procedural generation. I also think the game withholds too much cool equipment until very near the end meaning you don't get much time to play around with it all. I played on Normal and found the difficulty quite high and save points too sparse, as outlined in my previous post above. Overall though I'm glad I bought it and it was a bargain for the £5-ish I paid for 12+ hours so far. Edit - annoyingly I seem to be stuck at 99.9% map completion! The only area I don't have a green tick on is the Keep but there's nowhere left to explore on the map, so I guess it must be a secret area.

I'm in the mood for more games in the genre now so I might play Bloodstained next.