• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
is 365games.co.uk good/legit?

I saw they have a USA physical copy of Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, I'd like to play on my UK Switch

PS: as an addendum I'm looking into importing some physical Switch games, impression I get from posts is that VGP and PlayAsia are both really good, any others?

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017

I saw they have a USA physical copy of Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, I'd like to play on my UK Switch

PS: as an addendum I'm looking into importing some physical Switch games, impression I get from posts is that VGP and PlayAsia are both really good, any others?
Amazon Japan is pretty good too YMMV on what games support english but it works out cheaper than the 2 above a lot of the times, only thing is you'll have to create a separate account as your UK account won't work on their site

PugSith

Mar 8, 2018

I've used 365 before and stuff arrived, would use them again fine.

I've also imported stuff using Playasia and VGP.

I imported my Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and the Etrian Odyssey physical edition with English from Playasia and it was fine.

ThrashPanda

Banned
Feb 22, 2024

They used to be fine but I recently ordered a game through them and it was 2 weeks without shipping, contacted them and asked for a cancellation, they said to wait, I told them I want it cancelled and they said they cancelled but a few days went past and it wasnt. Had to go through PayPal who instantly refunded me without any human verifying my claim so I imagine PayPal gets a lot of refund requests from them. Personally don't trust them anymore.

If you look at their trustpilot, that should tell you all you need to know. Some people waiting a month for their game to dispatch and it still not

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Should have preordered Unicorn Overlord for PS5 a few weeks ago. It was £44.95 at TGC then. Since they had a 5% off weekend last week it went up to £49.99 and now it's £52.95 :/ I mean I still have a ways to go with Reburth but that disappointing from TGC

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Should have preordered Unicorn Overlord for PS5 a few weeks ago. It was £44.95 at TGC then. Since they had a 5% off weekend last week it went up to £49.99 and now it's £52.95 :/ I mean I still have a ways to go with Reburth but that disappointing from TGC
Their best prices seem to come from the 20% off ebay codes. They do raise their game prices a bit on ebay during those discount periods, so you don't get the full 20% off but it makes it cheaper than they have on their website generally. I got UO PS5 for £39 from their ebay store last week using ebays 20% off code for the the leap day.

dose

Oct 29, 2017

I've had a secondhand game off them that was meant to have been new, so watch out for that.

PugSith

Mar 8, 2018
I'm conflicted because I want to get this, although with Rebirth I know I won't play it any time soon.

I operate on the Vanillaware policy ... which is "I'm going to want it one day and when I go to look for it I won't be able to get it at retail prices"

I've been wrong a few times but stock is so sporadic I just find it easier to get it while I can. I paid retail for Ogre Tactics and that just got cheaper and cheaper after I'd bought it.

Moon Parade

Oct 25, 2017
I operate on the Vanillaware policy ... which is "I'm going to want it one day and when I go to look for it I won't be able to get it at retail prices"

I've been wrong a few times but stock is so sporadic I just find it easier to get it while I can. I paid retail for Ogre Tactics and that just got cheaper and cheaper after I'd bought it.

I agree, and I'm currently facing that with a couple of PS4 VNs.

Recently I've been spectacularly wrong with both 13 Sentinels and Ryza 3. Though I'll admit, this is much easier to shrug off than the inverse.

Last edited:

PallasKitten

Jul 11, 2022
Not sure how many people here have used them, but has anyone ever gotten a "new" game from Coolshop before that wasn't factory sealed? I'll spoiler the details of my experience since it isn't particularly relevant to the thread otherwise, but would be interested to hear if anyone has had any similar experiences:

I bought a PS4 copy of Stonefly from them last month, and when I received it, it had no plastic wrapping on it at all, just a circular sticker on the section where you open the case. I've bought a few things from Coolshop before, not many because it often takes a week or more to receive items from them (I'm aware they aren't located in the UK), and they just use standard jiffy bags for their packaging so 9 times out of 10 with disc based games, the disc is loose in the case - so I pretty much only use 'em when I can't find games elsewhere or they have very good deals on pre-orders.

But I've never had issues with their games not being factory sealed until this one, and the weirdest thing was - Stonefly was a pre-order and it shipped on or the day just before release date. I've actually never received "new" games like this before unless it's been from Game, which I don't buy from any more anyway.

I've looked up listings for the game on eBay and it definitely seems like it should indeed have the standard factory seal with the Playstation trademarked tear strip on it. I don't think the game was tempered with in any way, and it still appeared new enough otherwise - though of course the disc was loose. I didn't care enough to return it since it's in fine condition otherwise, but it's just made me feel a bit iffy, and slightly cautious ordering from them again.

Anyway, more on topic with this thread: I've noticed Shin Megami Tensei V Vengeance is £37.95 on the aforementioned Coolshop recently. It was actually the same price on hit.co.uk until sometime recently (not sure when it changed exactly, but it was definitely that price last week or so), and Hit in general seems to have jacked up the prices on a few of their pre-orders around the same time sadly.

PallasKitten

Jul 11, 2022
never and they're my main supplier of stuff
Thanks for the response. No clue what could have happened with it that I ended up receiving it unsealed (and with a sticker on it).

I've VERY occasionally gotten new games shrink wrapped before, but half the time it seems like it's just how those games are sealed for some reason (quite a few of the NTSC Serenity Forge imports I've gotten have been like this), though some have been obvious reseals because there's dirt/imperfections on the case under the plastic.

I doubt I'll receive any more games like that from Coolshop, but I'll still likely not be buying from them very often anyway since I already wasn't buying much from them beforehand anyway.