• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
Glad to see some of you guys jumping on the WD recertified deal :)

Just a reminder that both prices and availabilites change all the time. Just check back every now and then to get what you want.
My cherry 1tb one should arrive tomorrow :)

woo

Nov 11, 2017
Glad to see some of you guys jumping on the WD recertified deal :)

Just a reminder that both prices and availabilites change all the time. Just check back every now and then to get what you want.
My cherry 1tb one should arrive tomorrow :)

I missed your note to search for 'recertified' initially and thought I had missed out but actually taking the time to properly read your post set me straight :). I am swamped with choices though so will dive into it tomorrow when I'm feeling more compos mentis! I might plump for a desktop EHDD if they're cheaper though as I don't need a portable one for my purposes. Unless there's some other benefit to the Passport that I am unaware of other than convenience of size and portability?

Seep

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Wolfenstein 2 + steelcase at Game £29.99

Yakuza 0 at Argos £20.49

Is Yakuza worth it at that price?

meppi64

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is so difficulty to resist ...

I must no give in. I want my monitor first. :S
WvMVmU0.gif

Oilvomer

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And have PS+.

By all accounts, yes. My only reservation was that we might see it go cheaper over the next few weeks but I figured a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Either you like me are getting on a bit, or your parents taught you to speak proper English.

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
I'm going to give a controversial opinion on Yakuza. I bought it based on the hype on this site (and the previous site) and whilst it's good, and there's a lot to do, for some reason I can't get into it. It feels too disconnected and artificially padded.
It's weird because I like the main characters. I like most of the side activities. I like the action parts of the story (even though they are sparse - I'm up to chapter 7), but something still doesn't click. I think it's because I don't have much time as it is to play investment games like this and there are a lot of instances where the pacing is very off.

I may go back to it over the Christmas break when I have a few days to myself.

That aside, it was £16 on Playstation Store, and for that price I would recommend it.

Monty Mole

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to give a controversial opinion on Yakuza. I bought it based on the hype on this site (and the previous site) and whilst it's good, and there's a lot to do, for some reason I can't get into it. It feels too disconnected and artificially padded.
It's weird because I like the main characters. I like most of the side activities. I like the action parts of the story (even though they are sparse - I'm up to chapter 7), but something still doesn't click. I think it's because I don't have much time as it is to play investment games like this and there are a lot of instances where the pacing is very off.

That aside, it was £16 on Playstation Store, and for that price I would recommend it.
Yakuza isn't for everyone, it's the definition of niche.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox One + SWBF2 + Assassin's Creed Origins -> ~205 Euros
https://www.microsoft.com/de-ch/sto...89dc696ce011)(81561)(2130923)(0b003b4sp95b)()

You can also chose Forza Horizon 3 incl. Hot Wheels instead of AC Origins.

For SwissEra there is an even better deal (I think? Everything is greyed out on that MS site, eventhough I'm from Switzerland, lol) at alcom.ch:

Xbox One S 500Gb + FH3 + Hot Wheels + SWBF2 for 199CHF

https://www.alcom.ch/index.php?hm=suche&um2=det&artnummer=ko56875

Xbox One S 1TB + AssCreed Origins + R6 Siege + SWBF2 for 229CHF

https://www.alcom.ch/index.php?hm=suche&um2=det&artnummer=ko56878

TeamLeftMatch

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if any Xbox 360 wired controllers will go on sale for black Friday?

It's seems unlikely but you never know.

OP
OP
Saoshyant

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
dowlsoaxcaa8dpnevje1.jpg

GAME, both Xbox and PS4 versions. There's even a thread for it around here, but I'll add that half-price for one of the best single player campaigns released this year, a mere month after release is downright depressing.

CEX are currently offering £26 cash and the trade-in value is expected to plummet within a few days as a consequence.

Mr. Sam

Oct 26, 2017
Man, that thing must really not be selling. I'm not sure launching it a week out from the new CoD was that business savvy.

Mr. Sam

Oct 26, 2017
If there's copies left by the time I get out of work tonight, I'll probably grab a copy. I wasn't huge on the gunplay in the first but I think wacking it down to easy should make it more enjoyable for me.

Trickstar

Oct 30, 2017
once again that's just either store specific or a bad tag, almost every game store i visited didnt have that price and its been wideley discussed on other forums.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017

I bought it on the same premise: the hype. I ended up loving it! Was a breath of fresh air for me since it is quite different to other games. Story was top notch and kept me hooked till the end. Yakuza 0 that is. Been playing 1, and it has not clicked yet with me as much as 0 (still enjoying it). Defo try 0 for around the 20 mark I would say.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
DOUBLE-POST!

PSVR looks like it'll be £250 everywhere from tomorrow for a week or so. With the camera, and either Skyrim or GT. I'm tempted, almost. Worried about investing money in what might soon be dead technology though, I have no idea how the VR market is going at the moment.

Bendz

Oct 30, 2017
UK
once again that's just either store specific or a bad tag, almost every game store i visited didnt have that price and its been wideley discussed on other forums.

Selling for that price in Game Glasgow. If you can stand the miserable assistant manager. To be fair if I had Zelda tattoos that look like they've been inked by a 5 year old I'd probably be in a permanent mood too....

Sakujou

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yakuza isn't for everyone, it's the definition of niche.
i wouldnt say so. there are so many moe/pantsy games, such as the atelier games or the senran kagura games.

i find yakuza the very definition of a 90s action-adventure game. story, a bit of fighting, a lot of shit to explore as well as tons of side quests.

i think the only downside is the very heavy japan-based-setting as well as the cheesiness which might turn off a lot of people.

Professor Pew

Nov 14, 2017
Germany
Germany only:
Nintendo 2DS XL Pokeball Edition for 149 euro (167 at Amazon DE) at Mueller via their online store: https://shop.mueller.de/nintendo-new-2ds-xl-konsole-pokeball-edition-2214504

Caveat: you can only order this to pick up and pay for at a Mueller location. No costs for shipping as you pick it up.

They also have Pokemon Ultra Moon (Ultramond) for 39.99 which is one the cheaper places if I pricecheck it on Idealo.

----------
There is an optional bonus 5 euro discount coupon if you sign up for the Mueller Baby membership, but I tried that and didn't realize it's a physical coupon they mail to you when your baby is born or something. So you could try that and see if you get it in 1 day if you select your baby to be born tomorrow? I set my baby randomly to the future so I guess I'll get some baby stuff early next year...

You can register for that here: https://www.meinbaby.mueller.de/mitgliederbereich/anmeldung.html

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Yep, thanks - seeing that earlier in the day is what has me tempted. I need a bit more time to fully convince myself, though - in theory my launch PS4 is still working just fine, and the upgrade would be a bit of a hassle, and there's always the possibility of something better coming up next week... but that deal's certainly a possibility!

Bendz

Oct 30, 2017
UK
Asked in another thread so apologies for cross posting...

I have the 30 day code for Xbox Game Pass that came with the Scorpio. Can I stack that with the £1 for 30 days deal and if so in what order should I redeem them?​