• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
dowlsoaxcaa8dpnevje1.jpg

GAME, both Xbox and PS4 versions. There's even a thread for it around here, but I'll add that half-price for one of the best single player campaigns released this year, a mere month after release is downright depressing.

CEX are currently offering £26 cash and the trade-in value is expected to plummet within a few days as a consequence.

I mean, they could want 10 bucks for that censored piece of shit and I wouldn't buy it.

Give me the uncut one for such a price and I'm all in.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Isn't all Nazi references, logos and stuff cut out of the UK/Pegi version too? I think so.
Therefore, not worth buying.

Pretty sure that's just the German version, where showing the Swastika and the like is against the law. The UK version, or indeed that sold anywhere else, doesn't have any 'censorship'.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't all Nazi references, logos and stuff cut out of the UK/Pegi version too? I think so.
Therefore, not worth buying.

If you're buying the UK version, everything should be uncensored. I've got the French version (PEGI) and there's no censorship whatsoever.

The only censored versions are the ones sold in Germany and Switzerland, as far as I know (dunno about Austria).

Also, my New Order copy was bought in the UK, and is uncensored as well, so you should be fine.

Have at it!

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
It's just the German one, because it's against the law there to display it. I've got the UK one and if that's censored, then the stuff that got cut must be literally mental.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Pretty sure that's just the German version, where showing the Swastika and the like is against the law. The UK version, or indeed that sold anywhere else, doesn't have any 'censorship'.

Well damn, seems like you're right. It's damn irritating since the Austria version is Pegi too and that is censored, also the first South Park game was censored everywhere in Europe even UK.

But good to know, easier for me to import.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well damn, seems like you're right. It's damn irritating since the Austria version is Pegi too and that is censored, also the first South Park game was censored everywhere in Europe even UK.

But good to know, easier for me to import.

Even in South Park there were two different censored versions. Most countries in Europe got the Nazi zombies still, while the German version had thst part cut.

meadowdrone

Oct 27, 2017
UK
As it's black Friday, I'm on the lookout for a new console for work. We've had an Xbox 360 and FIFA 15 (though people have also fallen for Rocket League on a laptop) for years so we're looking for either a PS4 or Xbox One S with FIFA 18. More controllers on the cheap are a bonus too.

Seems like Xbox One S with 2 games for £200 is the main deal going round...
Link
Same on Argos, or Rocket League + Forza 7 + extra for £220: http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7589878/specialoffers/E25223

Can't find any PS4s beating this price yet. I have a budget of £240 but can afford more controllers in the new year. Please let me know any more good budget console deals pop up!

Last edited:

meadowdrone

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Worth pointing out that Black Friday is next Friday, not today. Most sites just start running offers now to milk it for as long as possible whilst also probably avoiding their servers getting hammered on just one day.
Ah I'm being silly, lots of sites with "BLACK FRIDAY DEALS" going up, on a Friday, threw me off. I'll hold off until next Friday but also see what comes up over the next week. Thanks.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
These Xbox One bundles frustrate the hell out of me lol.
Can't they just drop them down to £120-150 without any games?

Keep an eye on Amazon warehouse deals, I got one last year that had the game code missing so I asked if I could have a refund to the value of the code on Amazon. They said yes so I got an Xbox One S for under £100.

Deleted member 62

Xbox One + SWBF2 + Assassin's Creed Origins -> ~205 Euros
https://www.microsoft.com/de-ch/sto...89dc696ce011)(81561)(2130923)(0b003b4sp95b)()

You can also chose Forza Horizon 3 incl. Hot Wheels instead of AC Origins.

For SwissEra there is an even better deal (I think? Everything is greyed out on that MS site, eventhough I'm from Switzerland, lol) at alcom.ch:

The bundles are still available outside of the AC Origins 500GB option.

mantis

Oct 25, 2017
Cross post from the Xbox One X OT, for anyone looking for a cheap external drive to have more storage for all that 4K goodness:

"Headsup GermanERA: The Western Digital store has recertified My Passport Ultra external hard drives for sale. They pop up every now and then in different storage (1 to 4 TB) and different colors.
The cherry red and the white one with 1TB are currently available for 27€ with free shipping (I at least didn't have to pay for shipping despite the store saying free shipping only starts with items 50€+). The black one is 33€. The 2 TB white drive is also up for 52€. If you don't like what's on offer right now, just bookmark the page and check back every now and then. The blue 2 TB is 35€ once on sale, unreal price.

https://www.wdc.com/de-de/products/wd-recertified/my-passport-ultra-new.html#RWDBGPU0010BBY-EESN

I went with the 27€ cherry red 1TB myself, that should be more than enough for now. Btw these drives of course are recertified and you get 6 months warranty on them. Considering losing only installed game data wouldn't be as bad as losing private data due to a hardware failure, I personally don't have a problem getting a "used" external drive for my One X. Probably wouldn't do it for my PC, but in this case it should be fine.

Edit: Scratch the German only note! WD has stores in several countries. You can change the website on the top right, just choose your country and search for "recertified", you should quickly find the Passport Ultra ones.

https://www.wdc.com/en-gb/products/wd-recertified/my-passport-ultra.html#RWDBZFP0010BTT-EESN

UK link for example. Slightly more expensive at ‎£27 for the 1TB variant, but still a good price. Other countries all seem to have different availablities and prices, so it might be worth to check it out.
"

Some are available again. 4TB for €80 for example.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Need help people. Just bought a $15 xbox gift card but it wont let me redeem it on my account. Region is set to usa and billing address is US too. Getting the message "this code is for another region".

NVM, sorted it.

Last edited:

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
Still waiting on those XB1X deals. Any really good Black Friday deals up? I have Prime but if I'm honest I find Amazon a total maze to navigate and I'm worried I'll miss good deals. The website is shite.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting on those XB1X deals. Any really good Black Friday deals up? I have Prime but if I'm honest I find Amazon a total maze to navigate and I'm worried I'll miss good deals. The website is shite.

They're so new and selling well enough that I wouldn't hold your breath.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Are you sure? Every article I Google says swastikas are banned from video games there.
look up the recent thread on the Wolfenstein 2 censorship here, it's been explained in there.

they're not banned in video games, that's the big misconception that's being spread everywhere. publishers are just super scared and remove everything out of fear of having to go to court.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
look up the recent thread on the Wolfenstein 2 censorship here, it's been explained in there.

they're not banned in video games, that's the big misconception that's being spread everywhere. publishers are just super scared and remove everything out of fear of having to go to court.

Oh, okay. Weird. As long as you're not fighting on the side of the nazi's in the game, I don't really see the issue.

Socrates

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't seem to be able to buy films through the Playstation store website anymore. Ie there is no longer a film section of the website visible for me. Has this happened to anyone else?

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
With the various console bundles around, I'm considering upgrading my original model PS4 and Xbox One to a Pro and 1TB S respectively (I posted yesterday re the PS4)... looking at trade-in offers, I see £89 for the Xbox and £117 for the PS4 from CeX (I have the box). Is anyone aware of anywhere offering better prices? My preference would be to sell to a retailer, to avoid any potential issues coming back to me if the consoles were to fail post-sale.

Oh, and on a completely separate point while I'm here, my mouse is starting to fail on me so I'm looking to replace that as well. I've used higher-end wireless Logitechs for a while now (currenty using the Performance MX) and am on the lookout for the MX Master (or updates "2S" model). If anyone has any idea of where I might be able to find this for <£50 I'd be very interested. I'm watching Amazon prices for now, as it fell to £43 last year; failing that, the best that I've found so far is £45 for a refurbished model (with warranty) from an Amazon Marketplace seller.

Last edited:

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
As it's black Friday, I'm on the lookout for a new console for work. We've had an Xbox 360 and FIFA 15 (though people have also fallen for Rocket League on a laptop) for years so we're looking for either a PS4 or Xbox One S with FIFA 18. More controllers on the cheap are a bonus too.

Seems like Xbox One S with 2 games for £200 is the main deal going round...
Link
Same on Argos, or Rocket League + Forza 7 + extra for £220: http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7589878/specialoffers/E25223

Can't find any PS4s beating this price yet. I have a budget of £240 but can afford more controllers in the new year. Please let me know any more good budget console deals pop up!
Might want to consider this
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/sto...-and-extra-controller-only-22999/8nsrt4cttrhz
Would be pretty easy to trade Battlefront 2 towards FIFA.

Edit:
Or £10 more to swap Rocket League for Forza 7 if you prefer
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/sto...-and-extra-controller-only-24999/8mg69j3zlb79

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Buying games on release at this time of the year is a mug's game. Even successful games see discounts for BF/Christmas/January sales so GT Sport is not necessarily a sales flop, just a critical one maybe!