• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Apologies for going slightly off topic but I'm looking for recommendations on a controller for the Switch. Wanted to get the pro controller but the d-pad issues are putting me off along with differing stick drift reports and they're still pricey for something with issues like that. I was looking at some of the PowerA ones but seen a lot of patchy reviews on those too. Haven't a clue what I should really go for, or if I should even bother with a Switch controller at all, maybe I should just get an adapter for my PS4 controllers. I was thinking of getting another set of joycons initially but I only really need the extra single controller for when my brother in law comes over and I figured having a standard controller would be useful too but almost everything I look at has a lot of complaints.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Apologies for going slightly off topic but I'm looking for recommendations on a controller for the Switch. Wanted to get the pro controller but the d-pad issues are putting me off along with differing stick drift reports and they're still pricey for something with issues like that. I was looking at some of the PowerA ones but seen a lot of patchy reviews on those too. Haven't a clue what I should really go for, or if I should even bother with a Switch controller at all, maybe I should just get an adapter for my PS4 controllers. I was thinking of getting another set of joycons initially but I only really need the extra single controller for when my brother in law comes over and I figured having a standard controller would be useful too but almost everything I look at has a lot of complaints.
Iirc, if you want a 2D controller, meaning d-pad quality, best choice is the 8bit 30 sn (the snes-like one, name is surely off).

SeriuzBiznus

Jan 14, 2020
London, UK

Get the SN30 Pro+ by 8bitdo. It's not just a great controller for the Switch, it's one of the best controllers I've used for anything.

rabathehutch

Nov 1, 2017
Does anyone know the best place to get steam gift cards? CDKeys was the best I could find with £50 for £47.99 but I'd prefer a slightly smaller amount.

diegdm

Feb 6, 2019
The Division 2 costs 3€ both in Epic Games Store and Uplay. Only until Monday
store.ubi.com

null

Han pasado siete meses desde que un virus mortal azotó Nueva York y al resto del mundo, diezmando la población. La aparición del virus hizo que se activase The Division, una unidad de agentes civiles durmiente, la última línea de defensa. Desde entonces, los agentes de The Division han luchado...

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Emblem: Three Houses Season pass £17.50 on shopto (emailed code), £5 cheaper than eShop.

www.shopto.net

Buy Fire Emblem Three Houses - Expansion Pass SWITCH NINTENDO DIGITAL - ShopTo.net

Buy cheap £17.85 Fire Emblem Three Houses - Expansion Pass SWITCH - NINTENDO DIGITAL (UK) ✔️Shop Fire Emblem Three Houses - Expansion Pass SWITCH ✔️Instant Delivery 24/7 ✔️Fantastic price ✔️Digital ✔️Finance Options Available

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Mate, they are still genuinely fine. Don't worry about it!
In case it helps, I can also 100% vouch for them - I've used ShopTo on numerous occasions over an extended period and they're consistently excellent.
Alright, thanks.

Anyone after a Switch Lite, Amazon is selling the turquoise model for £169. I think this is the cheapest I've seen it. Link below:

Nintendo Switch Lite - Turquoise https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SJFW9T3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_grrsEb78SC78K

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, thanks.

Anyone after a Switch Lite, Amazon is selling the turquoise model for £169. I think this is the cheapest I've seen it. Link below:

Nintendo Switch Lite - Turquoise https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SJFW9T3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_grrsEb78SC78K

You can get one with a game (even Pokemon Sw/Sh) at https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb...o-switch-lite-yellow-and-select-game/b/800427 for £199.

It's on sale at £169 in quite a few places atm.

Oct 27, 2017
I see PayPal is an option now, so I guess I'd feel a lot safer.

You're safer using a credit card to pay ShopTo directly because it's the CC company's money.

When you use PayPal to buy something using a CC as the funding source, there are effectively two transactions. 1) PayPal taking money from your card, and 2) PayPal using that cash to pay the merchant. You have zero cover from your card provider for the PayPal>>Merchant transaction and are wholly reliant on PayPal's terms as to what they'll do in the event of problems.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Is the OG (improved battery life) Switch having stock issues in the UK? I haven't see it available on Amazon UK for a few days, just third party sellers.

Dec 2, 2017
Tesco has a lot of clearance sale on right now if you can find it

87473750_2548814261911347_4201160163668787200_n.jpg

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Tesco has a lot of clearance sale on right now if you can find it

87473750_2548814261911347_4201160163668787200_n.jpg

i saw last night on hukd that someone had got a green n2ds xl for £12 tried it for myself and like usual with my crappy tesco there wasn't anything and one of the staff thought i was after a switch until someone younger came up to help me and looked in the back and found nothing but also mentioned it was atleast a year or two since they probably last sold them

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hate those yellow sticker stock clearance deals in Tesco as they are store specific and my one never does it, like I'd definitely pick up F1 2019 for that price(and the others I guess for that matter but would probably sell them on, yeah I'm that bitch who would)