• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see this thread back.

When did Amazon start to send new releases by Royal Mail in the UK? Their tracking is useless - it is apparently 'on the way to your local delivery office' at 5:39 am, which sounds very like it won't be here today :(

I'm super pessimistic

I pre-ordered Lost Legacy & Yakuza Kiwami with them. The former came by courier whilst the latter was delivered by Royal Mail.

Not sure who they normally use, as this was the first time I had ever used them for preorders.

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
I pre-ordered Lost Legacy & Yakuza Kiwami with them. The former came by courier whilst the latter was delivered by Royal Mail.

Not sure who they normally use, as this was the first time I had ever used them for preorders.
Yeah, not sure why they'd use a 2-3 day service and post it 2 days before release when it really needs to be a guaranteed delivery date.

Not sure I'll be using Amazon for pre-orders in future.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon Prime Now has AC: Origins for £46. Doesn't sound great, I hear you say, but what about a FREE 4 PACK OF MONSTER ENERGY WITH THE PURCHASE?!

Deleted member 5167

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My 3DS just broke on its hinge, which means even with some duct tape DIY repairs its awkward to use and sleep modes not gonna work.

What are peoples thoughts on a replacement? Is it likely I'm gonna see some stock clearances before christmas of older models? If I'm getting a replacement I'd sort of prefer a "new" line version, but more than £100 with no game for the New 2DS line doen't seem worth it

Amazon Prime Now has AC: Origins for £46. Doesn't sound great, I hear you say, but what about a FREE 4 PACK OF MONSTER ENERGY WITH THE PURCHASE?!

smf5XRq.gif

:p

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
My 3DS just broke on its hinge, which means even with some duct tape DIY repairs its awkward to use and sleep modes not gonna work.

What are peoples thoughts on a replacement? Is it likely I'm gonna see some stock clearances before christmas of older models? If I'm getting a replacement I'd sort of prefer a "new" line version, but more than £100 with no game for the New 2DS line doen't seem worth it
Dang, that sucks, sorry to hear it. Maybe trade up? https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0753H9DY5/?tag=e100-21

This will hold value much better too.

Deleted member 5167

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
Glad to see this thread back.

When did Amazon start to send new releases by Royal Mail in the UK? Their tracking is useless - it is apparently 'on the way to your local delivery office' at 5:39 am, which sounds very like it won't be here today :(

I'm super pessimistic
I was right to be pessimistic. I've been sat on my arse all day and then I get an email at 6-ish saying there has been a delay and it will be 'a day or two late'. No shit, Sherlock. If you're using a 2-3 day service try sending it 3 days in advance!

Utter rubbish.

I rang customer services, bought the digital version and requested a refund for the difference in cost.

Feel extra stupid because I could have been playing it since last night instead. Lesson learned I guess.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I was right to be pessimistic. I've been sat on my arse all day and then I get an email at 6-ish saying there has been a delay and it will be 'a day or two late'. No shit, Sherlock. If you're using a 2-3 day service try sending it 3 days in advance!

Utter rubbish.

I rang customer services, bought the digital version and requested a refund for the difference in cost.

Feel extra stupid because I could have been playing it since last night instead. Lesson learned I guess.
Sad to hear. :/ When did they ship it out? They shipped my copy on Wednesday and it arrived today for me, fortunately.

But yeah, most of my pre-orders are delivered by Royal Mail from Amazon. They usually only use Logistics if it's a big parcel, or if I've bought it the day before and selected next day shipping. They used to be pretty terrible for release day delivery a few years back, where they'd ship via royal mail on the Thursday and it didn't arrive till Sat. Luckily, they've improved since then, at least in my area.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
I had my ACO shipped out yesterday, but I didn't get any notification at all about my Destiny 2 PC pre-order earlier this week.

I complained on release day, Tuesday, and they said that they shipped it out on Monday. Considering I haven't received it yet (unless it arrives today), I'm thinking that was a big fat lie.

Utterly useless company. After the pre-orders I've got with them are done, I'm not dealing with them again.

Edit: My Destiny 2 copy did actually turn up, so I'm slightly less annoyed.

However, considering Mario Odyssey came out, I dunno if I'm gunna find the time to play it much.
It does seem that orders arrive - eventually - they're just very, very slow, despite claiming that they aim for release day delivery.

I contacted their customer services myself today, having still had no shipping notification, and they're clearly getting a lot of questions about this as they had an initial auto-response that orders were shipped yesterday. Apparently "Our website has some issues with emails at the moment. We are fixing it." and, as for potential delivery tomorrow, all that they could say was " hopefully yes."... which doesn't fill me with confidence. Still, I know that it'll be worth the wait!

I did have one delivery today, but that was just ShopTo being ridiculously fast as usual, from an order late in the afternoon yesterday. It really does make for a very stark comparison!

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
It does seem that orders arrive -eventually - they're just very, very slow, despite claiming that they aim for release day delivery.

I contacted their customer services myself today, having still had no shipping notification, and they';'re clearly getting a lot of questions about this as they had an initial auto-response that orders were shipped yesterday. Apparently "Our website has some issues with emails at the moment. We are fixing it." and, as for potential delivery tomorrow, all that they could say was " hopefully yes."... which doesn't fill me with confidence. Still, I know that it'll be worth the wait!
Unless you paid for the better shipping, I doubt you'd get it tomorrow. :P As I said, they claimed my copy of Destiny 2 shipped on Monday and it didn't arrive till today (Friday).

That response is so bogus though, it doesn't even update in your orders to say it's been shipped. That ain't an email issue, that's a failing to update the order status issue.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Unless you paid for the better shipping, I doubt you'd get it tomorrow. :P As I said, they claimed my copy of Destiny 2 shipped on Monday and it didn't arrive till today (Friday).

That response is so bogus though, it doesn't even update in your orders to say it's been shipped. That ain't an email issue, that's a failing to update the order status issue.
Indeed, I certainly don't expect to receive any of my orders tomorrow - it's a good job that I've still got Shadow of War still on the go, I suppose! 3-4 working days late seem to be typical from my recent orders with them. All of my recent orders (not just this week's releases) still don't reflect the shipped status on their website, though I did at least get a dispatch notification for those.

DukeBobby

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Gameseek.

Sent a message to their useless support team, asking them to cancel my Wolfenstein order. Of course, they ignore it and dispatch it anyway.

Thankfully, I know somebody who is willing to buy it off me, saving me the trouble of sending it back.

mantis

Oct 25, 2017
Just in case you still wanted to know, I just tried Elex, and can confirm it's not forcing you to use Twitch (not sure about other games). I just went to the folder where it installed to, found the exe, and launched the game using that. You can also use this method to add to Steam.

The shortcut it automatically adds to the start menu does seem to launch the game through the twitch launcher though, so be careful with that.

Thanks. Good to know. But I will still wait for another sale. Wolfenstein and Mario should keep me busy for a while and my backlog is not going anywhere.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Gameseek.

Sent a message to their useless support team, asking them to cancel my Wolfenstein order. Of course, they ignore it and dispatch it anyway.

Thankfully, I know somebody who is willing to buy it off me, saving me the trouble of sending it back.
What did you use to contact them?

The contact form flat out doesn't work on the site (lol). Only way to contact them is via online chat.

DukeBobby

Oct 25, 2017
What did you use to contact them?

The contact form flat out doesn't work on the site (lol). Only way to contact them is via online chat.

I used the contact form. The message went through, but I guess there is nobody who reads them.

I'm not wasting my time with online chat now. I'll sell my copy and then never visit their site again.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I used the contact form. The message went through, but I guess there is nobody who reads them.

I'm not wasting my time with online chat now. I'll sell my copy and then never visit their site again.
Oh that's what I meant by not working. I tried using it back during the Marvel vs Capcom Infinite debacle, and while the message sent, I never got a response. Had to use online chat.

But yeah, their customer support is as shocking as ever.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With Black Friday/cyber Monday right around the corner, it will definitely get cheaper. Instore and digitally.
And yeah, you owe it to yourself. Amazing game.

I'll keep an eye out but the UK BF/CC deals are a mixed bag. Who knows, maybe the US PSN deals will be great. I would rather get a physical copy though as I own the other Yakuza games physically.

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
Sad to hear. :/ When did they ship it out? They shipped my copy on Wednesday and it arrived today for me, fortunately.

But yeah, most of my pre-orders are delivered by Royal Mail from Amazon. They usually only use Logistics if it's a big parcel, or if I've bought it the day before and selected next day shipping. They used to be pretty terrible for release day delivery a few years back, where they'd ship via royal mail on the Thursday and it didn't arrive till Sat. Luckily, they've improved since then, at least in my area.
Same day as yours, but I guess I got unlucky. I still don't think they should be using a 2-3 day service and posting it 2 days before it is due, though.

LasagnaForOne

Oct 27, 2017
Asking again:

Otherwise, does anyone know if Dixons Travels still carry consoles? Flying to Newcastle during the week, so wondering what the likelihood of buying a Switch at the airport is.

Last time (couple of weeks ago flying from Newcastle) I looked out for the same thing and definitely wasn't in store. You'd have to check the website/call them but wouldn't expect it.

Monogatari

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Asking again:

Otherwise, does anyone know if Dixons Travels still carry consoles? Flying to Newcastle during the week, so wondering what the likelihood of buying a Switch at the airport is.

Heathrow didn't have any gaming stuff at all in August. I was looking for a Switch myself.

I ended up getting one for £236 thanks to combining Amazon vouchers. That's your best for trying to get a good price imo.

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I want a Pro Controller to play Mario Odyssey with. I have £12 clubcard points to use on Tesco. Any Direct codes going around to knock more off it?

Can't believe it's £59!!! Daylight robbery.

Oct 25, 2017
Last time (couple of weeks ago flying from Newcastle) I looked out for the same thing and definitely wasn't in store. You'd have to check the website/call them but wouldn't expect it.

Heathrow didn't have any gaming stuff at all in August. I was looking for a Switch myself.

I ended up getting one for £236 thanks to combining Amazon vouchers. That's your best for trying to get a good price imo.

Thanks, guys.

Yeah, I'm thinking Amazon or Tesco will be my best bet. Hopefully one of them offers the £25 off £150+ they both had on last month again soon.

Monogatari

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, guys.

Yeah, I'm thinking Amazon or Tesco will be my best bet. Hopefully one of them offers the £25 off £150+ they both had on last month again soon.

Be sure to have a look at the promos they have going on at the moment for topping up your account ( Top up £X and get £Y free) as you'll be able to combine them with any potential £25 off £150 deals that may come up. That's pretty much what I did.

Oct 27, 2017

Yian

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Shopto is fine. They have a shitty website, but they've done more to fix their security issues than VGP ever has. Pretty sure that site still regularly leaks CC numbers

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Shopto is fine. They have a shitty website, but they've done more to fix their security issues than VGP ever has. Pretty sure that site still regularly leaks CC numbers
Yeah, wouldn't trust VGP with a card number.

As for shopto, their customer support is not that great, but besides that they're okay. They got Fire Emblem Warriors SE to me a day before release too, which I didn't expect, thought they stopped shipping stuff early.