• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mantis

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any place to buy cheap US PSN credit from Europe?

I know of vidaplayer, I've got Spanish cheap PSN credit there a couple times, and they sell other countries' cards too, but right now US cards are out of stock. Well there are 20$ cards but the saving is bigger with a 50$ plus a 10$ cards, which are both out of stock. I could buy 60$ credit for like 52,50€ anyway which isn't bad but, it's there a better place?

My idea is to get MHW from the US store with that nice 10% discount code they have. And to start playing tonight of course (anyway I haven't found a cheaper option for a physical copy which I'd prefer but also couldn't play tonight).

Edit: actually 52 euro for 60 dollar doesn't seem great exchange value... Shit.

https://www.spielekauf.de/playstation-store-guthaben-1#showAll

Here is a list with some options. It is in German. But should be easy enough to understand.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks mantis I'll look into that.

I discarded Amazon because I already have an account but my credit card probably wouldn't be accepted there.

ITSMILNER

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone still after Xenoblade 2, Argos also have it listed for £29.99 but it appears to be collection only. Luckily my local has it so just ordered and paid so just got to pick it up tomorrow

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone still after Xenoblade 2, Argos also have it listed for £29.99 but it appears to be collection only. Luckily my local has it so just ordered and paid so just got to pick it up tomorrow
It's on Amazon as well, though you may have to check the "Other sellers" tab on the right to find it at £29.99, sold by Amazon. Not sure why it's not the main one.

EricTheCleric

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Thanks mantis I'll look into that.

I discarded Amazon because I already have an account but my credit card probably wouldn't be accepted there.
Just create another account (with different email) for US digital purchases. I have done it and buy PSN credit with my Swedish credit cards without any issues even though I use them on my International shipping account too.

cre

Oct 30, 2017
The Surge Complete Edition (Xbox One Digital) is £11.99 on Amazon.co.uk right now. I bought it from Germany (UK billing address) a moment ago.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Just create another account (with different email) for US digital purchases. I have done it and buy PSN credit with my Swedish credit cards without any issues even though I use them on my International shipping account too.

Yeah that's what I did in the end. I even had an account from 2012 when I purchased a digital copy of TWD there. My card was charged for a bit more than 50 euro, I guess that's my bank to blame, although Google's exchange value may not be right either. How does that work?

Edit: I got a sixty dollar card and used the ten percent discount from the store and I could add Human Fall Flat into the transaction (and even have sixty something spare cents on the account), which gave me and my wife many much needed laughs. :) Recommended for local coop.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, your bank usually has it's own exchange rate and also a little commission for foreign currency use.

Look into using an app called Revolut in the future as it just charges the Visa exchange rate.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
Amazon are taking orders for the EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC (not the TI, sorry) for £519, to be delivered on the 9th of Feb. Model number is 08G-P4-6183-KR.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GBX8X5S/?tag=e100-21

This is actually cheaper than EVGA's site where it's listed at €629.99, and most other retailers. I know this thread's for video game deals but I figured I'd mention this for PC gamers.

MrLuchador

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia £14.97 @ Toys R Us, Click and Collect. Limited stock, check near you!

Oct 28, 2017
Good Nintendo deals in Germany? I think we are living in different countries then because I am checking prices for Nintendo games myself and I am browsing regularly mydealz and I have never seen good Nintendo deals. There were some ok deals here and there but nothing spectacular.

Amazon France has better prices for Nintendo games on launch day (Bayonetta 1+2, Dragon Quest Builders) than any German retailer will have after discount or in a promotion.
This is my experience as well.

ITSMILNER

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That £5 discount at Smyths, is it just on pre-orders that it works? Or is it anything in-store you get the discount on if you C&C?

Tiber

Nov 1, 2017

Any Brits want a Switch? Damn good price that

I am an Argos enthusiast, but don't work for them! Just think they are a massively underrated store for games and hardware.

I got my Pro there for RRP and it came with a free copy of Fifa and COD, was able to sell those on ebay, trade in my PS4 and pay off most of the upgrade. Also got my Switch in Argos close to launch for RRP when Amazon hadn't had stock in ages and the CEX next door was selling second hand Switches for around £350

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
£18 for Shadow of Colossus is very tempting though I'm still not entirely sold.
3rd release over 3 generations with no (notable) additions is a difficult buy considering the amount of games out recently.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
£18 for Shadow of Colossus is very tempting though I'm still not entirely sold.
3rd release over 3 generations with no (notable) additions is a difficult buy considering the amount of games out recently.

You're welcome to making whatever purchasing decisions you like as a consumer but to say the latest version doesn't have notable additions is at the very least disingenuous.

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018
SotC is a must-buy for me. I wish I'd known about the Smyths deal sooner, the closest shop still taking pre-orders is about 174 miles away from me .__.

I pre-ordered it from ShopTo last week after they dropped the price to £21.85, which I think is currently the cheapest after Smyths.

Last edited:

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
You're welcome to making whatever purchasing decisions you like as a consumer but to say the latest version doesn't have notable additions is at the very least disingenuous.

I'd regard a notable addition as either new Colossi, new areas, new puzzles, new systems.

The current revised graphical overhaul is nothing less than a glorified hardware showcase, and the new additions of 'glowing yellow collectables' verges on Ubisoft offensive padding.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd regard a notable addition as either new Colossi, new areas, new puzzles, new systems.

The current revised graphical overhaul is nothing less than a glorified hardware showcase, and the new additions of 'glowing yellow collectables' verges on Ubisoft offensive padding.

I completely disagree with you but this isn't the right topic to have that discussion.

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018
Hmm, anyone know if the Smyths pre-order gets you the theme and sword bonus, or is that only from certain retailers?

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up on SotC. £19 is a great price for a new release. I was gutted when I thought I had missed out on the initial batch!

RiggyRob

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Pfft, no Smyths have Shadow of the Colossus in stock near me and ShopTo went back up to £24.85.

Is Base the cheapest for non-C&C preorders now?