• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ricky64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Just topped up my PSN account to buy a few things in this current sale. I see that Sony have been sending out 40% off emails again today and keeping a several year streak alive, I didn't get one. If anyone here got a code they don't plan on using I'd be incredibly grateful!

Edit: to rub it in, they just sent me an email congratulating me on my PSVR anniversary and asking me to fill out a survey. How about you congratulate me with a code instead Sony? ;_;
Wait, forty percent off?

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Just topped up my PSN account to buy a few things in this current sale. I see that Sony have been sending out 40% off emails again today and keeping a several year streak alive, I didn't get one. If anyone here got a code they don't plan on using I'd be incredibly grateful!

Edit: to rub it in, they just sent me an email congratulating me on my PSVR anniversary and asking me to fill out a survey. How about you congratulate me with a code instead Sony? ;_;
All I got was an email from them telling me that KH3 came out.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never got a discount code. I don't buy from PSN often, just in a sale every 3-4 months. I do 'buy' PS+ games every month though.

OP
OP
Saoshyant

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
What's the deal with those 40% PSN discount codes I keep hearing about??
Occasionally, Sony will randomly pick a very limited selection of people to email a discount code. It gets people talking and there's always a spike on new registrations for their marketing emails. That's why they do it. And that's why you didn't receive a code. There's no point in saying you didn't get one (most people didn't either) or to ask us how to get one -- it's basically a lottery and like a lottery most people won't win it. It doesn't matter if you buy a lot or don't, if you have PS+ or don't. It's entirely random.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is valkyria revolution any good , I've played Valkyria Chronicles twice over the years and I don't usually replay games

OP
OP
Saoshyant

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Is valkyria revolution any good , I've played Valkyria Chronicles twice over the years and I don't usually replay games

The plot is good in a Tactics Ogre/FFT way and the music's great. Everything else ranges from bland to "what were they thinking". If you go in with low expectations (and low price) I think it's an alright experience. Otherwise, just stick with the VC games.

Metallia

May 31, 2018
I finished it and honestly, no. For the record, it's a very different game to the Chronicles games, but even disregarding that it's just not great.

The story/cast/setting are interesting but let down massively by god awful pacing, cutscene after cutscene, all very minimally animated and likes to state story points repeatedly. The gameplay has pretty much no draw, was extremely repetitive and was just you facerolling things, nothing about it feels particularly good and perhaps it was just me but every boss felt like a damage tank and nothing more with the sole exception of one early boss (Brunhilde) which felt like it actually had something to it, but then I never got that feeling from the game again.

The music is amazing however, I recommend everyone to go listen to the OST.

I don't regret playing it but clunky, mediocre action JRPGs are my guilty pleasure. If you also enjoy those then £5 is pretty reasonable for the game, but even then I'd find it hard to recommend.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright thanks, I'm going to give it a miss, I don't have the time or the patience to play these kinds of games anymore. I'll give the OST a listen though since people don't usually shit on a game so heavily and then recommend the music lol.

Auberji

Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza Kiwami 2 is going for £29.99 in Argos. Can pick up off ebay, site or instore I believe. Seems to be in the mid 30-40 area elsewhere.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza Kiwami 2 is going for £29.99 in Argos. Can pick up off ebay, site or instore I believe. Seems to be in the mid 30-40 area elsewhere.

is it still steelbook stock they've got? i was going to try and get yakuza 6 the other day while it was in stock at my local store but for some reason it became 100% unavailable at all

Auberji

Oct 25, 2017
is it still steelbook stock they've got? i was going to try and get yakuza 6 the other day while it was in stock at my local store but for some reason it became 100% unavailable at all

They're using the image of steelbook edition on the website/ebay, so I can't be sure sorry. I'm not a huge steelbook person myself personally.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Guys how likely is it to find now (or maybe in the near or well, even not-so-near future) DISGAEA 5 COMPLETE (Switch) for €25 online (and shipping to EU), I could get it for that price from the Norwegian eShop but for this kind of game I'd prefer going physical.

Same question for YSVIII Switch, although that one is more expensive and I don't want to pay more than what I see the ps4 version going for (€20 or less)

Oct 28, 2017
Guys how likely is it to find now (or maybe in the near or well, even not-so-near future) DISGAEA 5 COMPLETE (Switch) for €25 online (and shipping to EU), I could get it for that price from the Norwegian eShop but for this kind of game I'd prefer going physical.

Same question for YSVIII Switch, although that one is more expensive and I don't want to pay more than what I see the ps4 version going for (€20 or less)
Not sure about Disgaea, I've usually seen it around the 35 mark, but for Ys I'd say you chances of getting it on Switch for 20 are slim to none as it's usually either out of stock or pretty overpriced (and that goes for the PS4/Vita versions as well).

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017

Prices on Kiwami 2 are going up on ebay the more out of stock it gets on websites, i would suggest that if you want to buy it do it as soon as you find a good deal. Prices are only gonna get higher.

They're using the image of steelbook edition on the website/ebay, so I can't be sure sorry. I'm not a huge steelbook person myself personally.

Yeah there's only the steelbook available in Europe and probably there won't be another version when it runs out, i didn't want the steelbook either and after 5 months waiting for a normal version i gave up.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
Not sure about Disgaea, I've usually seen it around the 35 mark, but for Ys I'd say you chances of getting it on Switch for 20 are slim to none as it's usually either out of stock or pretty overpriced (and that goes for the PS4/Vita versions as well).
I was surprised at how difficult it was to obtain Ys VIII over here; I bought it on PS4 in November but couldn't find the UK version anywhere. I ended up getting the French version for around £40 from Amazon. It was the day one edition, so I was pleasantly surprised, but still a bit annoyed about a year-old game being out of print.

Auberji

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah there's only the steelbook available in Europe and probably there won't be another version when it runs out, i didn't want the steelbook either and after 5 months waiting for a normal version i gave up.

Yeah, winds me up when I look at my shelf and see a mismatching case haha, though I've got a mismatching Yakuza 6 as well so hey.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, winds me up when I look at my shelf and see a mismatching case haha, though I've got a mismatching Yakuza 6 as well so hey.

lol yep that's one of the reason i wanted a normal version too (combined with avoiding steelbooks because they rust), got the whole yakuza collection in the shelf and only Kiwami 2 is different.
Its was possivel to get Y6 in a standard version i got lucky and found one, it was hard to find but still possivel.

TwiceNightly

Dec 13, 2017
Battlefield V for the Xbox One is £17.99 at CDKeys at the moment. Both the standard version and the Deluxe Edition are this price.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Prices on Kiwami 2 are going up on ebay the more out of stock it gets on websites, i would suggest that if you want to buy it do it as soon as you find a good deal. Prices are only gonna get higher.

may have to go to the extreme again like i did with Tales of Xillia 2, they only included the non-steelbook version in the expensive CE so i just gave up and imported an american copy which somehow worked out cheaper too

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
My 200GB SD card arrived today and I have no idea what to do with it. The only place it could be "usable" is my GoPro-like camera, I thought it had 32GB (which is still a lot) but it actually has 64GB already. I gotta get a 3DS or a Switch... but I already need a new PS4 because mine is dying.

Consumerism at its finest.

funkygallo

Oct 27, 2017
MicroSDXC 400 GB ~80 Euro

https://www.amazon.it/SanDisk-MicroSDXC-Adattatore-Performance-Velocità/dp/B074RNRM2B
510Kzz4c1bL._SX425_.jpg