• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
How does Amazon Pay work: do I just put my Amazon details in/link to my Amazon account, then it pays like on Amazon, so not having to bother with putting the 3 digits at the back of the card/waiting for verifying from my bank etc.?
Haven't used it in a while but last I used it I don't believe it asked for the code on the back. I think it only does that if you're wanting to deliver to a new address which isn't already on your Amazon account.

Scuttlefluff

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Base and TGC both have Sekiro for £45 - should I go for this or is there anywhere cheaper? And which one do ppl find more reliable/faster?

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
For TGC, keep in mind they have a promo this weekend (5% off for above 50£, 10% above 100£...), and Sekiro is included. Might be worth it if you wanted another game too (preorders not included).

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
Any good prices for eShop top-up codes (£)? Zeek.me has gone bust, so can't use them anymore.

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
I need a new PS4. Anywhere in the UK that sells standard for <200 or pro for <250?
I expect an Amazon Warehouse sale in the next few weeks. There's usually 3 a year - Easter, Prime Day & Black Friday. You can get a "like new" Pro for £255 there. Got mine 2 and a half years ago and the only issue was a slight rip in the box

Ganondolf

Jan 5, 2018
anyone know where the cheapest place in the UK for a New Xbox One Controller (Needs to be Bluetooth Version). Best I have seen is £39.99.

Oct 25, 2017
No Man's Sky on PS4 is £5 at Game if you buy it in store (to find and reserve at this price use the store postcode/stock checker on the website).

Kind of wanted a digital copy but given the game is popular again it won't go down to this price on PSN for a lonnng time.

Myriotes

Jan 30, 2018
Germany
I see, any recommendations on which to get? Thank you.

1. If you want to charge your Switch even while playing, the easiest, safest (and possibly even cheapest) solution is to just use the official power supply (25-30 GBP), especially if you do not got any other electronics (e.g. a notebook or tablet) that support Power Delivery (PD). I got a charger from Anker with Power Delivery (25-30 GBP) and use it in connection a USB-C to USB-C cable from Anker (11 GBP, other brands might go down to 6/7 GBP), so my solution was more expensive than just buying the official power supply (I use the other USB ports for other stuff). As a positive side effect, you got a second AC to use with your Switch dock.

2. If no, I think you can go with a normal charger and use it with a USB-cable that is USB-IF certified or/and got a 56k Ohm resistor. I use one from Aukey without problems since sometime last year. It should be this one (amazon, under 6 GBP, not including shipping).

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
1. If you want to charge your Switch even while playing, the easiest, safest (and possibly even cheapest) solution is to just use the official power supply (25-30 GBP), especially if you do not got any other electronics (e.g. a notebook or tablet) that support Power Delivery (PD). I got a charger from Anker with Power Delivery (25-30 GBP) and use it in connection a USB-C to USB-C cable from Anker (11 GBP, other brands might go down to 6/7 GBP), so my solution was more expensive than just buying the official power supply (I use the other USB ports for other stuff). As a positive side effect, you got a second AC to use with your Switch dock.

2. If no, I think you can go with a normal charger and use it with a USB-cable that is USB-IF certified or/and got a 56k Ohm resistor. I use one from Aukey without problems since sometime last year. It should be this one (amazon, under 6 GBP, not including shipping).
I have used these since the switch launch without a problem.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01HF0YGCK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They were recommended to me on resetera at the time.
Thanks for the help!

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone got any leads on a decent price for Borderlands Handsome Collection for Xbox One digitial code?

OP
OP
Saoshyant

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
i forget who it was in the thread that was after yakuza kiwami 2 without a steelbook but it's availableish now, shopto have a listing for it for £27.85 and the only other listing i can find is on amazon for £50 so it may start popping up on other retailers

#1 defender

Oct 27, 2017
i forget who it was in the thread that was after yakuza kiwami 2 without a steelbook but it's availableish now, shopto have a listing for it for £27.85 and the only other listing i can find is on amazon for £50 so it may start popping up on other retailers

That might have been me, thanks for the heads up! Looks like the listing on Amazon.co.uk is a third party seller, but the Shopto listing looks good.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Game Spain: trade your PS4 1TB in + 80€ and get Xbox One X + Fallout 76.

Wow. So tempting.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Could someone explain how you get those bonus 2 months with the recurring billing? Can't understand how I trigger that, so to speak.
If you have Paypal or a card attached to your Microsoft account (like I do) then when you redeem them (I redeemed via the app) it asked if I wanted to enable recurring billing for one month free. I said sure!

Then I went into my account and turned off recurring billing right after, still got that month

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any decent deals on a DualShock 4? Colour doesn't matter.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Could someone explain how you get those bonus 2 months with the recurring billing? Can't understand how I trigger that, so to speak.

I got one bonus month for the 3 months paid for gold but the 3 free months code didn't trigger it despite unlinking card and relinking it each & every time I wonder if it's to do with the free promotional code being an exception from bonus month, as it worked every other time. So ended up with only 7 months instead of 8.

Steps

1) Turn off recurring billing on your live gold 1st before using vouchers if you already entered your codes its too late. Do not continue your out of luck sorry.
If you haven't used up codes preceed to step 2

2) enter 3 months paid for code

3) it asks if you add payment for turning auto renewal back on you get 1 month bonus - thats your 4 months.

4) Turn off auto renewal again

5) enter free 3 months code and accept that this trick did not work a second time 🤔 so no free second bonus month

thats how I got 7 months

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got one bonus month for the 3 months paid for gold but the 3 free months code didn't trigger it despite unlinking card and relinking it each & every time I wonder if it's to do with the free promotional code being an exception from bonus month, as it worked every other time. So ended up with only 7 months instead of 8.

Steps

1) Turn off recurring billing on your live gold 1st before using vouchers if you already entered your codes its too late. Do not continue your out of luck sorry.
If you haven't used up codes preceed to step 2

2) enter 3 months paid for code

3) it asks if you add payment for turning auto renewal back on you get 1 month bonus - thats your 4 months.

4) Turn off auto renewal again

5) enter free 3 months code and accept that this trick did not work a second time 🤔 so no free second bonus month

thats how I got 7 months
This trick does work a second time if you've bought a second set of codes. I ended up with 14 months instead of 12 for 30

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany

Ricky64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Is it just me or are good prices going away? I feel like this season had only a small number of deals, most of the times this thread gets bumped it's for shipment info or "what's the best price for a ps4 pro"

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Really? This is the first I hear that. I thought they delivered everywhere.

edit: wow, just checked, they really don't. Wonder what that's about. They even ship to Austria. I'd go crazy if I lived in Germany and couldn't import non-USK defaced games.
This happened a few years ago. 2016 or something. They stopped shipping to Germany and never explained why. It was my go-to store at the time. Around the same time, 365games and shop4world stopped shipping to Germany (possibly other countries) as well and forced you to use the country-specific equivalents (that use the same item stock lol). But losing TGC definitely sucks since they always have good deals going and a good rewards system. Thankfully shopto, coolshop, base, simplygames, shop4de can split the difference between each other.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
This happened a few years ago. 2016 or something. They stopped shipping to Germany and never explained why. It was my go-to store at the time. Around the same time, 365games and shop4world stopped shipping to Germany (possibly other countries) as well and forced you to use the country-specific equivalents (that use the same item stock lol). But losing TGC definitely sucks since they always have good deals going and a good rewards system. Thankfully shopto, coolshop, base, simplygames, shop4de can split the difference between each other.
wasn't it something to do with bamco since i don't think legally you can sell games to germans that don't have USK ratings

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
wasn't it something to do with bamco since i don't think legally you can sell games to germans that don't have USK ratings
That was a separate thing where some stores don't carry Bamco titles anymore (like the German version of coolshop that sells UK/Scandinavian SKUs of games for example). But that also happened at the same time so it might be related to that and they just went the extreme route? I'm not. It's fucked either way since Bamco is the only pub being an ass about this.