• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
This trick does work a second time if you've bought a second set of codes. I ended up with 14 months instead of 12 for 30

Ahh yes of course for the 12 month to 14 month trick yes, I was thinking of the 6 months one.
Stupidly I didn't know about this trick the first time I bought these but if the deals ever on in the future I am all set.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Really? This is the first I hear that. I thought they delivered everywhere.

edit: wow, just checked, they really don't. Wonder what that's about. They even ship to Austria. I'd go crazy if I lived in Germany and couldn't import non-USK defaced games.
Its basically amazon.co.uk, shopto or base.com only for me right now for physical games. Or importing from Austria in rare cases (quickest option). Talking about EU games. I also use amazon US or JP regularly for imports.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Its basically amazon.co.uk, shopto or base.com only for me right now for physical games. Or importing from Austria in rare cases (quickest option). Talking about EU games. I also use amazon US or JP regularly for imports.
I seriously recommend checking shop4de.com (the German storefront of 365games.co.uk, literally same thing with different colors like thehut and zavvi), they often have free shipping offers and an okay reward point system. simplygames also ships to Germany and has good discounts occasionally.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I seriously recommend checking shop4de.com (the German storefront of 365games.co.uk, literally same thing with different colors like thehut and zavvi), they often have free shipping offers and an okay reward point system. simplygames also ships to Germany and has good discounts occasionally.

From what I see all those usually have worse deals than Base.com thou

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Thanks. Never tried shop4.de but ordered from simplygames and had good experiences with them. I actually only had bad experiences with game.co.uk and another store I can't remember the name of right now.

Scuttlefluff

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
AC Odyssey is now £20 on Amazon, which is my jumping-on point and I know will be the same for other ppl. Started it last night and it is sublime.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Thanks. Never tried shop4.de but ordered from simplygames and had good experiences with them. I actually only had bad experiences with game.co.uk and another store I can't remember the name of right now.
shop4de.com not shop4.de
and yea, game can fuck right off lol. just purple gamestop.

From what I see all those usually have worse deals than Base.com thou
when they have deals they have deals. there's always times with something at one place that another doesn't have with a better deal.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
AC Odyssey is now £20 on Amazon, which is my jumping-on point and I know will be the same for other ppl. Started it last night and it is sublime.

Finished sekiro so now I can finally start AC:O

Got the gold edtion from the Indonesian store for about 30 euro a few weeks ago (its been that price a few times). Looking forward to it. Funny since I was so sure I was not going go buy it: but guess that AC craving finally hit me

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is roughly £22 on Switch on the South African store, demo available to try. This is the one to get me to bite!

#1 defender

Oct 27, 2017
20% off Amazon Warehouse has started, as of writing there are 3 copies of Yokai Watch 3 in "very good" condition for just over £27 each, considering how rare this game already is this might be your last chance to snap one up at a reasonable price!

I've never followed Amazon Warehouse sales, how often do they have these 20% off promotions? I'd like to order something to central Europe, but with a potential no deal Brexit looming on Friday, i'm worried that the item would arrive at local customs after that.

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
I've never followed Amazon Warehouse sales, how often do they have these 20% off promotions? I'd like to order something to central Europe, but with a potential no deal Brexit looming on Friday, i'm worried that the item would arrive at local customs after that.

If you purchase it now, VAT is already included. So even in the event of no deal, there's no additional tax to be collected, as the payment collected at the time of purchas already accounts for that tax. Also keep in mind that after a possible no deal brexit, UK prices for us EU folks will actually go down, as UK VAT will he deducted, but we'll have to pay the difference in our home country, sans the packages that slip through.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Where is the best place to get a cheap PS3 these days?

I'm worried mine might be on the way out

#1 defender

Oct 27, 2017
If you purchase it now, VAT is already included. So even in the event of no deal, there's no additional tax to be collected, as the payment collected at the time of purchas already accounts for that tax. Also keep in mind that after a possible no deal brexit, UK prices for us EU folks will actually go down, as UK VAT will he deducted, but we'll have to pay the difference in our home country, sans the packages that slip through.

That's a good point about VAT already being collected, provided that Amazon don't drag their feet. Lately all my Amazon orders take days to dispatch, even when in stock.

As for lower prices for non UK residents if Brexit goes through, true, but then again customs in my country charge a processing fee which starts at 7€ for items between 22 € - 31 € and gets progressively higher, that will ruin many a deal for me. Buying items below 22€ is where the actual savings will be for me.

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
That's a good point about VAT already being collected, provided that Amazon don't drag their feet. Lately all my Amazon orders take days to dispatch, even when in stock.

As for lower prices for non UK residents if Brexit goes through, true, but then again customs in my country charge a processing fee which starts at 7€ for items between 22 € - 31 € and gets progressively higher, that will ruin many a deal for me. Buying items below 22€ is where the actual savings will be for me.

Yeah, same here. The processing fees will definitely be a nuisance, but international amazon already offer options to pre-pay import tax, in which case there are no additional processing fees, so as long as this works hassle-free on the UK site as well, we're all good. Other sites will likely be a bigger problem, but I'll worry about that when the day comes.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm looking through the Amazon Spring Sale, and at the moment just looking through the 20% off Warehouse Deals - but it's looking like a number of things aren't offering the Warehouse discount. Compare and contrast:

Xbox 360 controller:
cUdaMDo.png

Gigabit ethernet switch:
b3RQ0FB.png

Any idea what the difference is, and how I can search to ensure I get the stuff that's actually 20% off consistently?

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
And most slims develop an issue with the drive not recognizing blu-ray discs on insertion after a few years. Stick to the super slim if you want a working systems for the next few years.

had mine since 2011 with heavy disc usage up to around 2015ish and usage now and again after that and it still reads discs fine

Oct 29, 2017
So I'm looking through the Amazon Spring Sale, and at the moment just looking through the 20% off Warehouse Deals - but it's looking like a number of things aren't offering the Warehouse discount. Compare and contrast:

Xbox 360 controller:
cUdaMDo.png

Gigabit ethernet switch:
b3RQ0FB.png

Any idea what the difference is, and how I can search to ensure I get the stuff that's actually 20% off consistently?
Go to the Amazon warehouse page, they have a banner for the 20% off, click the banner and search for what you want.

#1 defender

Oct 27, 2017
had mine since 2011 with heavy disc usage up to around 2015ish and usage now and again after that and it still reads discs fine

I got mine in 2009 and it doesn't read DVDs anymore. Not just that, but it makes a fairly alarming, loud sound, as if it were trying to forcibly eject the disc, but it doesn't actually do that. BDs still work, but every now and then it feels like it's taking too long to read them, so i'm worried about that eventually failing as well.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everything I look at in the warehouse sale has a (often significantly) cheaper version available that isn't part of the sale.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Media Markt, Buy five, of which two lowest priced are free.

https://www.mediamarkt.de/de/shop/5-fuer-3.html?uympq=vpqr&rbtc=pn|dea|Mydealz||p|leadalliance|

I only need Smash and Vesperia, maybe anyone is willing to share.
important: preorders do not qualify.

Beim Kauf von 5 unterschiedlichen Spielen (für PS4, Xbox One, PS3, PS Vita, Xbox 360, Switch, Wii U, Wii, 3DS, DS, PC) erhalten Sie die beiden günstigsten Artikel umsonst. Aktion gilt nur für vorrätige / verfügbare Spiele. Aktionszeitraum: 10.04. – 23.04.2019. Rückgabe nur, wenn alle fünf Artikel zusammen zurückgegeben werden. Gewährleistungsansprüche bleiben hiervon unberührt. Beim Onlinekauf wird der Nachlass in Höhe der zwei günstigsten Artikel auf alle fünf Artikel anteilig gemäß dem Kaufpreis verteilt. Je Onlinekauf können maximal 15 Titel in den Warenkorb gelegt werden, wobei im selben Warenkorb nur unterschiedliche Titel ausgewählt werden können. Vorbestellerartikel, Guthabenkarten, Anwendersoftware, Bücher, Merchandise-Artikel und Prepaidkarten sind von der Aktion ausgenommen. Keine Coupon-Einlösung möglich.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Bought Yo-kai Watch: Red Cat Corps, Vampyr, Monster Hunter Stories, Miitopia and Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise in that deal. Pretty good. Too bad they didn't have Yakuza Kiwami 2, that would have been perfect.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Everything I look at in the warehouse sale has a (often significantly) cheaper version available that isn't part of the sale.
Yup, older warehouse sales were usually great. I remember people getting the PS4 Pro and PSVR like new (meaning: actually new) for 100-150 less than the MSRP. Now most items aren't even in the sale and the few that are, are "overpriced" and usually they are used items (very good condition). I've been checking the UK and DE warehouses and nothing good in either of them.

Buck Dancer

Oct 27, 2017

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
None of these should be cencored and if someone passes on that deal because a stamp on the cover... idk thats a bit ridicolus IMO.

I have a German version of Disgaea, and haven't started it yet because I worry that I'll put 50 hours into it and eventually upgrade to digital but won't be able to buy the cheapest version as the save will be locked to the German version. Can't find much about how many versions of Disgaea 1 Complete actually exist on Switch, so I'm not even sure it's a problem, but I'd much rather have a more standard version.

That's a less ridiculous issue.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I have a German version of Disgaea, and haven't started it yet because I worry that I'll put 50 hours into it and eventually upgrade to digital but won't be able to buy the cheapest version as the save will be locked to the German version. Can't find much about how many versions of Disgaea 1 Complete actually exist on Switch, so I'm not even sure it's a problem, but I'd much rather have a more standard version.

That's a less ridiculous issue.
There's no "German version" there is only a European version. If even that. Might be a general Western SKU or even global one. What you're worrying out is an issue that doesn't exist on Switch unless you literally have a different game version with altered content (like Wolfenstein 2) between countries. Those pretty much don't exist anymore.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
There's no "German version" there is only a European version. If even that. Might be a general Western SKU or even global one. What you're worrying out is an issue that doesn't exist on Switch unless you literally have a different game version with altered content (like Wolfenstein 2) between countries. Those pretty much don't exist anymore.

Like I say, I'm not sure whether to worry or not. All I can find out is that there are different versions between regions but nothing more specific, and you never know with Germany.

I'm reasonably sure it's fine, but not 100% sure, is all.