• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Ace Combat 7 on PS4 at £29.99 Amazon and Smyth's right now

Wondering whether to bite the bullet or see if a Weekend PSN sale pops up on the store to see what comes up

AC7 and Monsterboy currently on my watchlist. MB has held for a long time at £32.99

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Like I say, I'm not sure whether to worry or not. All I can find out is that there are different versions between regions but nothing more specific, and you never know with Germany.

I'm reasonably sure it's fine, but not 100% sure, is all.
I'm telling you, be 100% sure. The only thing that makes yours a "German" versions is the box. Look at the card. It says so on the product code. It's gonna say "EUR" at the end, that's all you need to know that this is the exact same game card anyone across Europe will buy, no matter what language is on the box it comes in.

I could go into the whole product code spiel right now but it's not even necessary within the same region. Stop worrying and start playing :)

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
I'm telling you, be 100% sure. The only thing that makes yours a "German" versions is the box. Look at the card. It says so on the product code. It's gonna say "EUR" at the end, that's all you need to know that this is the exact same game card anyone across Europe will buy, no matter what language is on the box it comes in.

I could go into the whole product code spiel right now but it's not even necessary within the same region. Stop worrying and start playing :)

I haven't unsealed it yet, in case I'd decided to just chicken out and sell it! I'm sure I can't resist much longer though

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I haven't unsealed it yet, in case I'd decided to just chicken out and sell it! I'm sure I can't resist much longer though
Please, trust me, a random internet person. This is one of those literally 100% safe cases.

Okay, I will do the dance for you.

Here's me doing it in this thread some months ago:
Lots of games are at least split between Japan and the rest (EU/AU/NA), like when the retail card comes with JP voices as default installed and you can download JP voices in the Western releases. So even when all languages are in all versions, they can have a different SKU (this is relevant for cross-regional DLC compatibility on the eShop!)

You wanna check the product ID on the back of the box

on your example pic, BotW is HAC-AAAAA-XXX. The only letter that matters is the fifth one in the middle. That one tells you everything about which regional SKU situation you're looking at (well, almost everything). Unfortunately it doesn't allow you to clearly identify which region it is from or for or how many there are, it just lets you see when there is a differentiation. BotW has HAC-xxxxA-XXX in all territories, that is a global SKU. But something like Splatoon 2 has HAC-xxxxA-xxx for Japan, HAC-xxxxB-xxx for NA and Australia (note that Australia's SKU belongs to NA here and not fellow PAL-buddy EU for some reason) and EU is HAC-xxxxC-xxx. Now, B is not always NA and C is not always EU and A does not automatically tell you it's global or Japan. It's somewhat unclear what determines this but it is somehow related to the order it is published in and where the publisher's main HQ is. It's a bit of a mess.

Here are pictures of the back of the box from Germany, UK, and North America. It's all the same SKU. The only difference is between Japan and all of the Western regions. JP vs PAL/NA. Any copy you could buy from Here to Canada to Australia is literally the same game ID on the card. Please look at the code above the barcode following what I lined out above in that quote:
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Now recently I noticed you can actually even double check that on the web by going to the game's page on any regional Nintendo site from NA or EU, checking the source code and looking for the "ProductCode" bit where it lists the same product ID you find on the back of the box.

Feel free to do it yourself:
https://www.nintendo.de/Spiele/Nintendo-Switch/Disgaea-1-Complete-1454899.html
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Disgaea-1-Complete-1454899.html
(in Firefox) right click anywhere on the page that isn't an image, view page source, hit CTRL+F and type in "productcode"

Here is a screenshot of the code, relevant part highlighted:
disgidqzkod.jpg

Note the B at the end, the important bit.

Disgaea 1 Complete's product code is:
HAC-P-APNGA-JPN in Japan
HAC-P-APNGB-xxx (insert whatever country abbreviation you're buying this in [GER, UKV, ITA, FRA, etc], on the card it will always say EUR since it's the same, box differes bc of the language on the back/ratings logo) in Europe
HAC-P-APNGB-USA (sometimes USZ, often now missing on NA boxes but not important anyway) in North America
HAC-P-APNGB-AUS in Australia/NZ

Please play your game now and stop worrying XD

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Please, trust me, a random internet person. This is one of those literally 100% safe cases.

Okay, I will do the dance for you.

Here's me doing it in this thread some months ago:

Here are pictures of the back of the box from Germany, UK, and North America. It's all the same SKU. The only difference is between Japan and all of the Western regions. JP vs PAL/NA. Any copy you could buy from Here to Canada to Australia is literally the same game ID on the card. Please look at the code above the barcode following what I lined out above in that quote:

Now recently I noticed you can actually even double check that on the web by going to the game's page on any regional Nintendo site from NA or EU, checking the source code and looking for the "ProductCode" bit where it lists the same product ID you find on the back of the box.

Feel free to do it yourself:
https://www.nintendo.de/Spiele/Nintendo-Switch/Disgaea-1-Complete-1454899.html
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Disgaea-1-Complete-1454899.html
(in Firefox) right click anywhere on the page that isn't an image, view page source, hit CTRL+F and type in "productcode"

Here is a screenshot of the code, relevant part highlighted:
disgidqzkod.jpg

Note the B at the end, the important bit.

Disgaea 1 Complete's product code is:
HAC-P-APNGA-JPN in Japan
HAC-P-APNGB-xxx (insert whatever country abbreviation you're buying this in [GER, UKV, ITA, FRA, etc], on the card it will always say EUR since it's the same, box differes bc of the language on the back/ratings logo) in Europe
HAC-P-APNGB-USA (sometimes USZ, often now missing on NA boxes but not important anyway) in North America
HAC-P-APNGB-AUS in Australia/NZ

Please play your game now and stop worrying XD

That is very thorough and if I could somehow "like" a post on resetera I would.

Instead, I shall repay you by opening my game!

(Turns out the cart does say EUR on it)

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
Hey so not deal related but...

Has the EU special edition for Fire Emblem Three Houses been up for pre-order anywhere yet?
I've waited for so long that I feel as if I've missed it...

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Hey so not deal related but...

Has the EU special edition for Fire Emblem Three Houses been up for pre-order anywhere yet?
I've waited for so long that I feel as if I've missed it...
Depends on your region, but it's been up for preorder in france already, and still up on some stores.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Yeah it would've helped if I'd mentioned that!
I'm in the UK.
Alright, cool to know that it actually exists. Time to go hunting, cheers
One to watch in the UK will be the Nintendo UK store, as I believe it has not been up there yet, and they always get the limited editions.
I don't think Amazon got the LE in any country yet too.

Chowchilla

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
You can get anno 1800 for £36 from voidu with code GAMINGTIME

Your asked to link your account to uplay and the game shoes up in your library. No waiting for a product key

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Amazon got the LE in any country yet too.

https://www.amazon.de/Fire-Emblem-Houses-Limited-Nintendo/dp/B07NWRF8X9/
https://www.amazon.fr/Fire-Emblem-Houses-Limited-Nintendo/dp/B07NWRF8X9/

Amazon DE and FR has it listed. It was also orderable at Amazon DE, because i have a pre-order in.

And it's still available (?) at Media Markt and Saturn:

https://www.mediamarkt.de/de/produc...uses-rollenspiel-nintendo-switch-2535387.html
https://www.saturn.de/de/product/_fire-emblem-three-houses-rollenspiel-2535387.html

Though, save for Amazon FR, these are all german stores and i don't know if MM and Saturn deliver in other EU countries.

PugSith

Mar 8, 2018
You can get anno 1800 for £36 from voidu with code GAMINGTIME

Your asked to link your account to uplay and the game shoes up in your library. No waiting for a product key

Thanks, was worth a try but all I get is "Your IP Address is not eligible to buy this product " from the UK but there's nothing on the product page about a region or a lock.

Still waiting 1 hour later for a support response.

Oct 27, 2017

I don't have a switch yet (waiting on the improved model rumoured to release this year) but I took advantage of this deal.

I got zelda, DK, Mario kart, Mario odyssey, and smash bros.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not meant to be at manager's discretion. Phone up and report him! Say you wanted to trade a bunch of games but had to go CEX instead. They'll hate that he diverted you to a rivals trade ecosystem.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not meant to be at manager's discretion. Phone up and report him! Say you wanted to trade a bunch of games but had to go CEX instead. They'll hate that he diverted you to a rivals trade ecosystem.
The barcodes didn't scan when the only time I tried 2-3 years ago (I didn't know they didn't accept them) so it probably is up to the manager if they want to accept them since they're not supposed to according to what the assistant told me when they refused to accept the trade in.
If you want to (hypothetically) report someone tell them the full story that you wanted to trade non UK games. No need to be dishonest and withhold information, you're messing with somebody's livelihood.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The barcodes didn't scan when the only time I tried 2-3 years ago (I didn't know they didn't accept them) so it probably is up to the manager if they want to accept them since they're not supposed to according to what the assistant told me when they refused to accept the trade in.
If you want to (hypothetically) report someone tell them the full story that you wanted to trade non UK games. No need to be dishonest and withhold information, you're messing with somebody's livelihood.
I was joking, but some are UK games as they actually Europe wide, sold in the UK and would even be sold in GAME themselves. As I said, Nintendo published CE or special editions are one example.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was joking, but some are UK games as they actually Europe wide, sold in the UK and would even be sold in GAME themselves. As I said, Nintendo published CE or special editions are one example.
My bad for missing the joke.

I'm aware of Nintendo ce's having english packaging throughout Europe but they're outliers rather than the norm.

Oct 27, 2017
Not a gaming deal, but not sure where else to put it. I ordered myself, but lets hope they honour it if its a price error.

Game of thrones bluray s1-s7 collection: £17

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Game-Thron...of+thrones+4k&qid=1555155027&s=gateway&sr=8-4
Thank you for this, just ordered. Discount doesn't apply until you hit checkout.

I've got the 1-4 Box Set, which I've nearly finished. I can trade that in to CEX for £11 and make most of this back!

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
for some reason when i ordered the game of thrones boxset it wouldn't take off the £2.99 postage without trying to eat my credit so i just left it and went to live chat, some how they made it worse and they added all my credit to the order and can't give me it back unless i cancel the order which i expect will probably happen with this

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I logged into eBay and got a random £10 off any purchase voucher when going to MyeBay. No minimum spend, just a use by midnight (~21 hours from this post). I didn't get an email about this or anything so you may want to check. It did say was select random people though.

I bought a copy of Shadow of the Tomb Raider for £6 if anyone cares.

Retsudo

Oct 28, 2017
Portuguese Era, worten has the PlayStation classic as deal of the day, for 29,99€. Online only, and its going in and out of stock.

repeater

Oct 27, 2017
Game is great outside of VR too, but I would really recommend considering keeping an eye open for cheap arse deals on PSVR as Tetris Effect is fantastic in VR and the library for the peripheral as a whole has really started to come into its own at this point (doesn't hurt that prices on the hardware are starting to look more reasonable too).

Ant

Oct 27, 2017
Yep GOT cancel email came through about 30mins ago. Ah well, I got a free now TV pass from McDonald's today cna at least I can stream the box sets!