• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Amazon will typically give a £5 gift voucher if you get on livechat and say that you are disappointed in scenarios like this.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, if it got posted on HUKD there was no chance of it being honoured, lol. Shoulda figured!

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon will typically give a £5 gift voucher if you get on livechat and say that you are disappointed in scenarios like this.
Yep. Received a £10 credit towards my next order. Not sure what the secret is, but my argument was basically "I do not feel like Amazon is truly sorry for the inconvenience caused."

I'd hate to be on the other end of this dealing with people like me, haha.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
What I meant was that I find it best to not actually ask for stuff from them unless its an obvious situation where you are owed money back. They'll usually offer a fiver or a month's free Prime anyway.

tried it again and i'm 5 fake pounds richer because i just said that i saw some people were getting emails about it with credit, had to wait 20 minutes because the chat rep was having problems with it getting to show on my side

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
GermanERA - Gamestop has the Ni No Kuni 2 King's Edition for PS4 on sale for 29,99€

https://www.gamestop.de/PS4/Games/45628/ni-no-kuni-ii-schicksal-eines-k-nigreichs-king-s-edition

Insane price. I paid about 4x as much and I'm still happy with my purchase. One of my favorite collector's editions actually, really loving the art book and the steelcase
Got it for 50€, it's indeed a really impressive (and big) CE.
They really produced too many.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
any good offers for PS4 at the moment? Just need a cheap second one for dreams so my daughter can use in the spare room and give me my pro back

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

mantis

Oct 25, 2017
May work if you use a German address. At least that worked for me in the past when ordering codes from amazon.co.uk and com

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
EDIT: nevermind bought it digitally lol, it was cheaper and I could not resist when I saw it unlocked at midnight on the eShop

Hey guys cheapest import for the physical sku of DRAGON'S DOGMA Switch?
Does the JPN sku include all the languages too or only US? Usually these are the same worldwide but you never know and I can't check the JPN eShop atm

Last edited:

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
EDIT: nevermind bought it digitally lol, it was cheaper and I could not resist when I saw it unlocked at midnight on the eShop

Hey guys cheapest import for the physical sku of DRAGON'S DOGMA Switch?
Does the JPN sku include all the languages too or only US? Usually these are the same worldwide but you never know and I can't check the JPN eShop atm
Capcom only does global SKUs for their retail stuff.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
Hm i have not shopped from the UK in a while, did not realise prices have gone up so much. But appreciate the suggestion, will keep it in mind when I happen to be in england next week

It's been difficult to get a Sony first party game at launch, for less than £49.99 for a while now. Most places will have Days Gone for £47-48.

Evildeadhead

Oct 26, 2017
Might've took a gamble on Days Gone if it was £40 but with no reviews and it being nearly £50 there's absolutely no chance. If it's well received I'll get it in 6 months for £20.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I know.
Is that digital only or retail too? I'm asking because you said Capcom's retail releases are always the same sku worldwide.

Edit: it's retail as well, so Capcom doesn't *always* make a global sku for all their retail releases like you said above :P
It's essentially a different game, content-wise. Later release, etc. Very different scenario.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone got some knowledge on the cheapest place to get some Joy Cons?

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
It's essentially a different game, content-wise. Later release, etc. Very different scenario.

afaik it's exactly the same game, they simply added the japanese roms instead of just the international ones so you can have your usual Vega/Bison, Balrog/Vega etc. and Alpha series/Zero series...
In any case it's a situation that could've been the same for DD:DA and that's why I asked in the first place, since Cacpom is no strange to weird decisions regarding skus... just think how much better is the JPN retail PS3 version of Chronicles of Mystaria compared to the western version, the former was made by the original team and was full of extra stuff and much better emulation while the latter was still good but nowhere near and Iron Galaxy handled it.

Anyway I know what you meant and it was mostly correct :P but let's say it ain't that cut and dry, more like it's true 98% of the times 😜

I'm just teasing a bit and jokingly being anal about it on purpose you know that right? :)
It's a just punishment for never having accepted my friend request on WiiU/Switch 😆

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
afaik it's exactly the same game, they simply added the japanese roms instead of just the international ones so you can have your usual Vega/Bison, Balrog/Vega etc. and Alpha series/Zero series...
In any case it's a situation that could've been the same for DD:DA and that's why I asked in the first place, since Cacpom is no strange to weird decisions regarding skus... just think how much better is the JPN retail PS3 version of Chronicles of Mystaria compared to the western version, the former was made by the original team and was full of extra stuff and much better emulation while the latter was still good but nowhere near and Iron Galaxy handled it.

Anyway I know what you meant and it was mostly correct :P but let's say it ain't that cut and dry, more like it's true 98% of the times 😜

I'm just teasing a bit and jokingly being anal about it on purpose you know that right? :)
It's a just punishment for never having accepted my friend request on WiiU/Switch 😆
I know, I know. Insert ReggieBatmanArkhamCityArmoredEditionE32012NotTheSameGameNotTheSameContent.gif here.
Sorry, if I don't recognize the person's username with the friend req, I won't accept it.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
I know, I know. Insert ReggieBatmanArkhamCityArmoredEditionE32012NotTheSameGameNotTheSameContent.gif here.

I've always wondered how he was able to keep a straight face that time...hey Reggie aren't your memoirs ready yet?

Sorry, if I don't recognize the person's username with the friend req, I won't accept it.

Ouch!
Sometimes I think how I ended up spending so much of my time online on Gaf/Era in the last 15 years... I guess I didn't post that much then LOL

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I've always wondered how he was able to keep a straight face that time...hey Reggie aren't your memoirs ready yet?

Ouch!
Sometimes I think how I ended up spending so much of my time online on Gaf/Era in the last 15 years... I guess I didn't post that much then LOL

For what is worth, I'm terrible at remembering usernames and I still remember you from GAF. :D

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Ouch!
depending on the year you might have also caught me at the point where I stopped adding people I didn't have interactions with on irc/discord/skype whatever the thing was at the time, I'm not sure :D ...I've cleaned out my friends list since then even more since I also don't really play multiplayer games so there's no real benefit.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
The Fire Emblem Three Houses Limited Edition is up on the Official Nintendo Store. I know it isn't technically a deal(it's quite dear really) but I remember a few people asking about where it was available to pre-order in the UK.