• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

#1 defender

Oct 27, 2017
Does The Game Collection send out exclusively UK/European copies of games? I remember there was a UK online retailer that would sometimes send out Middle Eastern copies and the like, that wasn't them, was it?

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Does The Game Collection send out exclusively UK/European copies of games? I remember there was a UK online retailer that would sometimes send out Middle Eastern copies and the like, that wasn't them, was it?

Happened to me once on horizon zero dawn.
Everything else ive ever ordered has been uk version. So i guess there is a slight chance.

#1 defender

Oct 27, 2017
Happened to me once on horizon zero dawn.
Everything else ive ever ordered has been uk version. So i guess there is a slight chance.

Oh, one more thing, if you order multiple games at The Game Collection, do they send them in one parcel (provided that they are in stock), or do they send them out individually, ala Zavvi?

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
OK, thanks. I guess it shouldn't be a problem either way, since i won't be buying any DLC for the games i'm getting.

DLC works anyway, unless it has a different serial number which is usually not the case unless there's censorship.

Since the £ has been weaker, there's been less of the EU copies about at all retailers. Also means why we don't get as many new released for £40 and under now.

#1 defender

Oct 27, 2017
DLC works anyway, unless it has a different serial number which is usually not the case unless there's censorship.

Since the £ has been weaker, there's been less of the EU copies about at all retailers. Also means why we don't get as many new released for £40 and under now.

Thanks. Same question to you, do they send out orders with multiple items in one parcel, or one by one, like Zavvi?

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Days Gone still 30€. That's TWO times GoW4! Or 1.5 times RDR2! That's one third of a SAD!

Urgh. Don't know if I should get Days Gone and mow down some Zombies or get the cheaper RDR2 and be annoyed by all the time wasting activities or get Rage 2 and wish I had a Pro for 60 fps?!

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
welp finally got xboned, digital S console + Ultimate Gamepass until april 2022 for £172 total, hope they support xbone & 360 games until then lol

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
Also a new Xbox owner thanks to the crazy Tesco deal. What are the best deals around for game pass, please? UK here, if that makes a difference.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
CDKeys had a countdown to their Black Friday sale this morning, but I don't think any of their prices changed?

Their actual Black Friday page is broken, but the sale page they told someone to go to instead is no different to how it was last night. So not sure if it was just a faux countdown to drum up hype and traffic...

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
Also a new Xbox owner thanks to the crazy Tesco deal. What are the best deals around for game pass, please? UK here, if that makes a difference.

don't know about best, but I bought 2 years of Xbox Live Gold from cdkeys for £35.99 each, added them to my (new) Xbox account (which gives one month extra), then used this link to convert them to Ultimate Gamepass while adding 3 extra months for £1. That's 28 months of Ultimate Gamepass for £73, so if I've done my sums right that's roughly £2.60 a month. Phew!

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone got any scoops on Dragon Quest XI Switch at a decent price?

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Tbh if you wanted a spare controller, the £159 deal is probably better imo. £40 for the controller, leaving £119 for the machine which at least has a disc drive. Sure you don't get the games, but they're all on GP anyways (and the superior FH4 instead of 3).

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Tbh if you wanted a spare controller, the £159 deal is probably better imo. £40 for the controller, leaving £119 for the machine which at least has a disc drive. Sure you don't get the games, but they're all on GP anyways (and the superior FH4 instead of 3).
Hmm, thinking about it. I might just wait until the next gen is out and get an old x if they drop this low, I almost exclusively want it for BC on my future 4k TV

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
CDKeys had a countdown to their Black Friday sale this morning, but I don't think any of their prices changed?

Their actual Black Friday page is broken, but the sale page they told someone to go to instead is no different to how it was last night. So not sure if it was just a faux countdown to drum up hype and traffic...
Seems sorted now

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Carrefour Belgium is doing a 2+1 on all toys, including videogames according to their Facebook. Won't work online because their terrible selection there.

Oct 28, 2017
To be fair the normal price is 99 euros but you get a 20 euros discount code when you register for the first time on Otto. A lot of people abuse the discount by registering on the site over and over again lol.

Even without that trick it's a good place to look for games when the time is right. Got myself Sekiro for 19€ in a pre-Black Friday sale and RE2 today for 15€ after getting a 10€ discount into my account. ;)

Moon Parade

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this constitutes the kind of deal that would normally go in here, but I thought it would probably be interesting to some.

The EDGE magazine app has all the (digital) back issues available for £9.99 from December 2009 onwards.

zYmOlZn.jpg

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Damn can't decide, Mariokart, NSMB or Mario Odessy... or maybe all three as I'll buy them all eventually?
I'm guessing they're unlikely to drop much further in the near future, they tend to hold their value.

Edit: Oh only a few quid saving, I thought they usually went for more.

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if this constitutes the kind of deal that would normally go in here, but I thought it would probably be interesting to some.

The EDGE magazine app has all the (digital) back issues available for £9.99 from December 2009 onwards.

zYmOlZn.jpg
Is this on phones or PC? Can't find the edge app for Android.

dose

Oct 29, 2017

zYmOlZn.jpg
Can these be downloaded as pdfs to view on desktop etc or are they tied to the app?