• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Welcome to the thread to post about the latest videogame related deals found in our fair union (and the UK).

FAQs - All the important questions here

Can I post referral links in this thread?
Nope, no, don't. NO EXCEPTIONS. You will likely be banned if you do.

Can I post links to key selling sites?
Sure, if there's a deal worthwile for those checking the thread. GMG, GamersGate, Humble Bundle, Voidu, they are all fine, except for G2A and Kinguin. Those two have been caught many times selling stolen keys in the past -- do not give them business, it's bad for everyone in the industry.

Will UK bought Microsoft Credit work on my Spanish/Finnish/Danish/etc PSN/Nintendo eShop/Xbox Live Account?
No, the credit you buy will be in actual currency (£20 or 20€ for example) and will not add money to your wallet, which has a different currency. Sony has always done things this way, while Microsoft and Nintendo previously used a points system that allowed it but have both changed to currency-based approaches.

I am not from the UK. Tell me what sites hate me
Many UK based sites refuse to ship outside the UK. Supermarkets with an online presence are the biggest offenders. Tesco Online. Best Buy, Sainsbury's, Asda, Morrision's and more are all not your friend. Argos, John Lewis, PC World, Currys.

I am not from Germany. Tell me what sites hate me
Saturn.de and Mediamarkt are the biggest ones. They have great offers sometimes but refuse to ship outside Germany.

What's some cool stores to check for good deals who ship internationally?
Base
Simply Games
Careful with UK stores that previously shipped internationally if you are in the EU. Everything now is charged additional custom duty fees and VAT.

How do I save money on the Nintendo eShop??
Either create an account with the region set as South Africa or change your current one to South Africa, buy what you need, and then change it back to your country. Both approaches work currently without issue (you can even use your normal credit card) and you'll save 20% off easily.

Is there any site that keeps track of the cheapest Nintendo eShop region for various games?
https://eshop-prices.com
https://savecoins.me/

How do I save money on the PSN Store??
People are getting into the habit of making accounts on the Indonesian store for the cheaper prices. You'll need to use either a service like Revolut for payment or find a way to buy store credit code cards.

I want my games quick dammit! I don't mind paying a bit more. I want it now! Gimmie!
Amazon is well known for shipping games very quick when you pay standard postage. It will cost more, but do that, and your game will arrive very soon, even outside the UK. ShopTo can be good with preorders within the UK, with some people getting items a day or two early.

What's the deal with those 40% PSN discount codes I keep hearing about??
Occasionally, Sony will randomly pick a very limited selection of people to email a discount code. It gets people talking and there's always a spike on new registrations for their marketing emails. That's why they do it. And that's why you didn't receive a code. There's no point in saying you didn't get one (most people didn't either) or to ask us how to get one -- it's basically a lottery and like a lottery most people won't win it. It doesn't matter if you buy a lot or don't, if you have PS+ or don't. It's entirely random.

Heavens, I'm afraid I may be posting a referral link! How do I make sure I stay out of trouble?
FYI for anyone worried about accidentally posting referal links that they may have copied from elsewhere, they typically take the form of a suffix at the end of the URL (but sometimes at the start) that contains a "?" followed by some kind of alphanumeric string.
CDkeys.com, for example, use the format "?mw_aref=[affiliateID]", and Amazon use "&tag=[affiliateID]", where [affiliateID] is a unique ID for the affiliate in question, and they would get a cut of any sales generated by people using that link. It's usually pretty easy to spot, and you can just delete any section of the URL that isn't required for it to work.
When copying Amazon links, you can remove everything after the /dp/SOMECODE/ bit. Like https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B01N5OPMJW/ is all you need, as anything else is fluff that can be removed.

5AqE0uD.png

Last edited:

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Someone already made one of these in the Hangouts section. Admittedly CAG wasn't in community on gaf though.

Deleted member 62

Content removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
I would like to ask the mods to keep any which thread open and let it stay in the general video game section. Most NA price deals will get their own threads in general, moving to hangouts will seriously hamper visibility and members with a budget.

Lime

Banned for use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hilarious title :) I rarely use the thread anymore after going full digital, but I'll subscribe anyway.

Deleted member 62

Content removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pennywise

Oct 25, 2017
German ERA.
As many of you know, Müller currently got their 20% off till the end of the month.
They got Tales of Berseria for 24€, which is a steal. Even the used copys go for 40€ +.

Anyone here ordered Wolfenstein from Base?
They still haven't shipped mine :/

OP
OP
Saoshyant

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

Already created a similar thread yesterday

Sorry, I couldn't find it when I searched for "Cheap Arse". It's clear being in hangouts is hurting visibility; just for that reason alone it may be better to use this thread instead. Plus, it's got arse in the name, can't beat sound logic.

Touhou Genso Rondo may not be that great but the Limited Edition is roughly 30€ @Amazon.es

Oh, and thanks for this one! Shipping was 3 damned Euros and the game, while being rough, is pretty nice, so this is a great deal.

Also on Amazon.es, Fire Emblem Warriors LE for 70€, best price I have seen so far.

Last edited:

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
Subbed, thanks for making this! And yeah, it would be nice if mods allow this to stay on Video Games and not move it to Hangouts, it would get lost in there for sure

Ephonk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Jeej, my mario shipped from amazon.co.uk - and they ship it through their warehouse in luxembourg apparently, which means i might get it tomorrow.

OP
OP
Saoshyant

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
The only issue with that Elex deal is that, apparently, it's not a Steam copy, using a Twitch launcher of some sort instead. If that isn't an issue for you then it's a great price for a great, janky unique experience.

mantis

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. That is why I will wait for another deal. Not sure I wanna use that twitch app. No idea how well updates work with it.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
The only issue with that Elex deal is that, apparently, it's not a Steam copy, using a Twitch launcher of some sort instead. If that isn't an issue for you then it's a great price for a great, janky unique experience.
Yeah, kind of expected that since it's through Twitch. For that price I'm willing to deal with their rubbish app though. :P

mantis

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have to keep the app running to play or can you start the game without it. Like a GoG purchase?

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
No idea, can't say I've used it before.

They don't really advertise it as DRM free do they?